Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

top ... or from the bottom

Top is probably simpler with less chance of ruining the temper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

it'll be a hand job so I'm not too worried about this.

Too easy, not going there.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

guppy posted:

I don't have any kitchen knives. What knives should I get?

There are lots of specialty options and you can get really far down the rabbit hole, but if you are just starting out, the answer is to buy an affordable chef's knife and paring knife. The go-to options for these are the Victorinox 8" Chef's Knife ($30-35) and whatever paring knife you want. Victorinox also sells a 3.25" paring knife and it is perfectly fine if you aren't sure what to get. They are $6 and I own four of them.

I've had other knives and these are ridiculously fantastic for the price. I have both and the longer I use them, the more they get used over other knives.

I haven't used them but have heard the Dexter Russell knives are equally good and are sold in probably every kitchen supply in America.
https://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Russell-P94802-Basics-Handle/dp/B0015AFZ7W/

• Locked thread