Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mmartinx
Nov 30, 2004
If anyone's looking for a good set that comes with 6 steak knives there's a great set on cutleryandmore that's pretty reasonable. It's nice because there aren't really any filler knives that I don't use, I also had a global 7" chef's knife that I picked up at the W&S outlet for like $30 a couple weeks ago that fits into the block as well.

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/global/bamboo-knife-block-set-p121847

Something like that a la carte would probably cost $300 more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmartinx
Nov 30, 2004

No Wave posted:

beep boop knives

I'm sure there are much better knives out there for an 1/8th of the price, my recommendation was just in case there's anyone out there looking for a decent, everything included set with 6 steak knives.

mmartinx
Nov 30, 2004

deimos posted:

Just took a look at this link (it was Global so I didn't pay much attention to it) and noticed one thing: The drat steak knives are not serrated.

Unless you use paper/plastic dinnerware those knives are gonna need a weekly sharpening, as a general rule you want serrated edges for regular use steak knives (I mean you could get some really fancy non-serrated for your really fancy parties and have your butler sharpen them after every use) but a smooth edge on glass is a recipe for blunt edges.

Begin holy war about serrated vs. smooth edge on a piece of meat you're about to chew in your mouth in 3... 2... 1... :supaburn:

They're serrated. You can even see it in the picture.

quote:

(it was Global so I didn't pay much attention to it)

That's like the no homo of the knife thread, it's ok bro, I still think you're a good cook even though you looked at globals on the internet

mmartinx fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 6, 2013

• Locked thread