Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hey knife people! I'm doing some long-term traveling and my knives have gone dull. I found a hardware store that sold a sharpening stone for $5 and I jumped on it. How do I use this thing correctly? It's very light brown and somewhat smooth, the package says it's from Italy. It's about the size of a cigarette, but in a half-cylinder shape.

Kinda figured out what to do via youtube, apparently I have a ceramic pocket stone. This thing looks fragile, I think I'm going to keep it wrapped in a sock when on my bike. I'm soaking it in water for a couple minutes with no other prepwork, I assume this is fine for a couple stainless pocketknives? They turned out alright, not nearly as sharp as I was expecting but a big improvement. I think I have to work on my backhand angle, it may be too high.

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread