Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Gooble Rampling posted:

Whew! I thought I was going to be in trouble.

Just to keep up some discussion, what do you guys think of the fact that they'll be using Unity? Personally I think that's awesome. I've been working with that engine in my day job for years now and I think it's an excellent call. It seems to be popping up more often as the engine of choice in Kickstarter projects. For instance, Shadowrun Returns was initially going to use one engine but decided to go with Unity instead. It would be interesting if it became the standard for Kickstarter devs.

Speaking of Unity, esp. in the role that it can play for this game, I don't suppose Unity is built with destructable environment in mind is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Gooble Rampling posted:

Hell yes it is. It has NVIDIA PhysX built right in. You can do some pretty destructive stuff with it if you plan for it.

This is awesome to hear. I hope we get to level buildings again. :)

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Gooble Rampling posted:

Yeah, it is looking better. Man, the tension is killing me. I have to wonder if they are keeping a nice gameplay mockup in their back pocket to release at a strategic time. I hope so.

Same here.

Sorry for not participating in the thread more, I usually prefer lurking. Though thanks to this thread I threw a hundred bucks (that I initially had no intention in throwing) to them so thank you guys for all the updates and vocal enthusiasm. :)

• Locked thread