Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yeah, its shaping up to be pretty interesting. With the tags that were on it initially on Batoto, it looked like a light shoujo ai with an actual plot and interesting leads, but its turned out to be a lot more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

GoatLord posted:

You'd think she'd put all that effort into finding a possible world where Yukari isn't dead.

Its not like she can move between worldlines herself. I'm sure there are plenty of Gakus who interpreted the warning about Yukari dying the opposite way and kept her from joining Jaunt, but they're irrelevant since they have no need to avenge someone who isn't dead to them. The author could make up an explanation about Gaku not being connected to them because they don't have a unified goal with her and throw in the word quantum here and there to make it sound convincing if that question arises though.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
http://tenko.fansubban.org/2014/01/mix-chapter-18-released/

A relevant blog post from the guys who were translating it. Amounts to "the translators for Qualia aren't translating poo poo right now, and its writing is really tough to translate so we can't just get anyone to do it". Essentially its stalled and they don't know when if ever they'll get it done.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh god, what a time for imgur to stop loading.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I kind of assume the resolution will involve Gaku actually talking to Yukari rather than just suffering alone, as that's how similar plotlines always end in animes. Granted, none of them have protagonists go quite this far...

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Raenir Salazar posted:

Hrm, perhaps I misremembered but Nanami certainly did bully Yukari and seemed to sorta try to talk Gaku into staying away, its also a little weird how she was just as knowledgeable regarding all the quantum physics stuff.

I'm guessing he's assuming that the Nanami that knew about quantum physics and tried to keep Gaku away from Yukari was being controlled by Gaku as she is now. Not sure if that's what the author intended or not, but its somewhat plausible.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Looks like someone just tossed the completed chapter onto Batoto credited as translated by Something Awful.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
These are pretty much what I originally expected the series to be at the very start.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yep. Dumb bro-con romcom. Its funny sometimes if you can put up with that.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
she was surprised Yukari was aware of her, I think.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I kind of got the impression that it wasn't going to happen this time around but I dunno. Maybe the epilogue will show what happens next?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

nielsm posted:

Gaku gave agency back to Yukari and that magically saves her?

I guess. Also while Yukari has agency, Gaku honestly telling Yukari she doesn't want her to leave simply because she doesn't want her to leave instead of because she has future knowledge of her death would contribute. And then there's the thing where Gaku befriended Alice and everyone knows friendship solves all problems in anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I thought the thread title was from the manga already. And even if not, the guy translating it posts here, he presumably sees that line every time reads the thread.

This thread was posted in June 2013 and hasn't been renamed.

• Locked thread