Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Got pretty :allears: when they gave an explanation of Schrodinger's Cat comprehensive enough to appropriately link it to the Many Worlds Interpretation. This definitely seems like the type of series that could fall apart at any moment, but it's refreshing to see sci-fi stuff that's actually scientifically literate.

On another note, this is the first manga I've read that makes heavy use of the huge-eyes-triangle-nose-spiky-hair-ultra-simplified-emotional-expressions style typical of the genre, yet is very clearly drawn by someone who doesn't need to rely on that stylization as a crutch. I'm kind of shocked at how well they pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

A hosed-up-but-cool teen protagonist just turned into an omnipowerful 5-year-old within a single chapter. Character development is not a strong enough word. :stare:

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

I just got caught up today so this insight is a chapter behind, but wwoww was it incredibly dark that Gaku started feeling affectionate for Alice in the same way she felt for Yukari, and then immediately takes it back and repeatedly murders Alice in every way imaginable to instead protect Yukari. It frames Gaku's whole determination as an obsession for obsession's sake. I can imagine this narrative ending with Yukari finding out that Gaku's killed a potentially infinite number of innocent people trying to protect her and Yukari wishing to die in their stead. Even if Gaku can save her, it's pretty clearly going to be under conditions nobody in their right minds would hope for.

snucks fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jun 8, 2014

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Of all the crazy concepts that keep getting thrown at us, default Hatou Manabu is maybe my favorite. A wonderfully creepy idea that's maybe best left as a sidenote.

It could be that Gaku herself is a pawn, and some equally powerful entity (maybe Gaku herself) has been training her to realize her full potential through the ostensibly easy stint of saving a high school girl from dying. There's clearly some saboteur working directly against Gaku's interests, but it's unclear what/who it is yet, and the past chapter has made the concept of identity pretty arbitrary.

Read in a certain light, the whole story is a postmodern whodunnit intent on deconstructing who, dunn, and it.

snucks fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 5, 2014

• Locked thread