Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Caught up with the manga. It's pretty good. The weird superpowers and their creative usage are some Nasu level poo poo (the long explanations of everything in a way that would feel rough even if this were text only also remind me a lot of Nasu).

Reading the translator's blog though, this worries me a bit:

quote:

Also, we’ve finally caught up with the backlog of TL’d scripts Moogy had prepared, so that means the next one’s now depending on him. He said he’d get back to it soon though, so it shouldn’t take too long.

Past experiences in waiting for Moogy to translate things have led me to the conclusion that "not too long" for Moogy can mean anything from a few months to over two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Chapter 13 probably out soon-ish.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ViggyNash posted:

Okabe, Homura and Gaku need to sit down and have a counseling session to discuss their time looping traumas.

The thing that gets me about Madoka/Quallia/Steins;Gate is that they were all written at around the same time. Quallia's original light novels were released in 2009, Madoka was written between late 2008 to 2009 (Urobuchi produced a script per month and only a few lines were changed between the first and final drafts), and Steins;Gate was released in late 2009.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Rodyle posted:

Qualia truly is the gift that keeps on giving :stare:

As to the suggestion that she ask Yukari for an upgrade, what kind of upgrade? A superior cyborg body? Should she just literally become the Terminator? Because honestly I'd be okay with that!

She should become a magical girl.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ActionZero posted:

Do keep in mind that most of the stuff about that was two high school girls just hanging out shooting the poo poo. That kind of context makes me think that a 101-level understanding is actually totally fine to base their conversations around.
:ironicat:

In other news I desperately need chapter 14. Why is it not translated yet?

Moogy's busy reading light novels and playing video games, and the team wants to wait until the last volume comes out anyway because the magazine scans they have are really bad.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Raws for the last volume have been floating around if you know where to look.

After flipping through it, I have two reactions.

1. That kiss is :3: as hell, I'm looking forward to seeing the ending translated.
2. When I said that Gaku should become a magical girl, I was only joking. And then this happens. :stare:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Blhue posted:

http://tenko.fansubban.org/2014/01/mix-chapter-18-released/

A relevant blog post from the guys who were translating it. Amounts to "the translators for Qualia aren't translating poo poo right now, and its writing is really tough to translate so we can't just get anyone to do it". Essentially its stalled and they don't know when if ever they'll get it done.

This is where I remind people that the Qualia translator took two years to release his translation of Dra+Koi which has a script of less than 15 kilobytes.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

CrackedWindow posted:

Is there a particular reason why no new chapters have been released since last September? The translation group used to have a pretty regular thing going on.

The translator isn't translating them and no one else is willing to step up to the plate.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

A jargogle posted:

In terms of the actual plot, this seems to be going the direction of mass murder committed by a toddler... :allears:

You have no loving idea. This chapter is the best one.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dr_Amazing posted:

You joke but it's actually really nice to know that people are enjoying it. So enjoy an unprecedented 4 page update.

Next few are pretty wordy so they'll be a little slower.

Finally people get to see the true magnificence of the magical girl chapter. :allears:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

DaveKap posted:

I had found this a few weeks back when I was checking up on the series to see if anyone got past Ch.13 and came to the realization, through the chapter titles, that the light novel has probably already been surpassed by the manga. I'm rather curious if it's any good or not (aka: I'm asking others who read it whether they think it's worth any time or not.)

That's the entire novel. The first part is the chapters through Gaku being "repaired" by Mari. The second part, "1 in a Billion Kiss", is everything after that to the end. The manga is an adaptation of the novel.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dr_Amazing posted:

It could also be that saving anyone is impossible. Gaku should pick a random person that gets hit by a car or something and save them. If they die of something else a day later, maybe the problem has nothing to do with Yukari.

Gaku herself has died a bunch of times, along with other characters. I don't think it's that.

• Locked thread