Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm loving it. I found thatthe author by proxy mentioning how some people would find middle school girls having a very in depth discussion of quantum physics, to be laughably absurd, and the way he challenges that view; to be hilarious and incredibly apt. I'm finding it incredibly entertaining and the scientific and philosophical discussions are surprisingly good.

I am the quanta of my existence
Waves are my body and particles are my blood
I have created over a thousand selves
Aware of loss, Also aware of gain
Withstood pain to create worlds, waiting for one’s arrival
I have no regrets. There are infinite paths.
My whole life was unlimited selves works

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The way I saw the flash forward was that Gaku, as a collective, "observed" the future where she had reached middle age without Yukari and decided that she didn't want that sort of world. So she collapsed it, denying the possibility of it ever happening regardless of which Gaku's world it is

Now for speculation I'm going to have to spoil Bioshock Infinite's ending since it seems apropos to this series I'm assuming that it will eventually end with Gaku collapsing all worlds where Yukari leaves for Jaunt, similar to how Elizabeth collapsed all worlds where Booker became Comstock

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Robot Uprising posted:

Cant wait to see where this goes , here's hoping it manages to keep interesting when the main character has a seemingly unbeatable superpower of playing though every possible event and picking the "best" one. My bet is it will get sacrificed somehow once Manabu achieves her goal of resurrecting Yukari

I'm hoping it actually ends with a sort of cliffhanger where Turned A Gaku is able to contact Gaku right after Alice asks her whether or not she's capable of protecting Yukari. Gaku, now melded with the rest of the Gaku's, smugly says "Yes I most certainly can" and just end it there. Maybe an epilogue chapter after that describing their life after that. It would be :black101: as gently caress.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yep, just like I thought it would happen. Gaku realized the objective was saving Yukari so she consciously collapsed all realities after the "branching" point. Which is where she decided to tell Yukari about joining Jaunt. It happened way earlier than I would expect though. It also brings back trigger that caused all of this to happened in the first place, which was her first call. Im expecting some time fuckery here with some sort of stable time loop poo poo to happen in regards to that call.

veekie posted:

I just noticed we switched path when the call was interrupted. The Gaku musing after Alice wakes up is the 'deviant'.
You are confused Gaku is Gaku. There isnt such a thing as a "deviant" Gaku or a "Quantum Physics expert" Gaku, she just is

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 12, 2013

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AfroSquirrel posted:

It seems to me that there is a Gaku-gestalt of the shared information, but as long as Gaku insists on the distinction of only speaking her part of the phone conversation despite already knowing both ends of it she still exists as a unique Gaku in each universe. Furthermore, the Gaku-gestalt can be quantified by limiting itself to the outcomes Gaku is capable of possessing (hence, there is no God-Empress of Mankind Gaku or such). Finally, the reader's perspective is that of Gaku's "light" metaphor, and we hop through the Gaku-gestalt taking the shortest path to the early-chapter Gaku's desired outcome.

We are all the Gaku.

The narrator is the Gaku gestalt.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm going to pop these up a page at a time as I finish them. A word of warning that updates will probably be sporadic, poorly formatted and may contain errors. I invite anyone else to take a look at the RAWS and feel free to step in with corrections.

I've only got the first page so far but I hope everyone is ready for things to get nuts.

Maybe you could get in touch with the translating group, as far I remember it was their translator that dropped out. If you can provide the translations they might be able to work on the raw cleaning and editing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dr_Amazing posted:

You joke but it's actually really nice to know that people are enjoying it. So enjoy an unprecedented 4 page update.

Next few are pretty wordy so they'll be a little slower.

Escalating at the speed of light. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Now because of Gakus actions, an even more militaristic version of JAUNT gets made and all super powered individuals are sent to the gas chambers or something.

• Locked thread