Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ONEMANWOLFPACK posted:

What does Harvey think Jessica will do about Mike when she realizes what is going on? Is Harvey just counting on mutually assured destruction to shield him?

Probably, there's no way anybody is getting away clean from a reveal that Mike isn't really a lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I can see Katrina breaking down at some point over how mean everybody is to her, Mike reluctantly tries to comfort her and she kisses him. Later it turns out that the whole thing was a set up to get at Rachel.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'm pretty sure she was wearing that outfit because she'd just ridden her high horse all the way up from the early 19th Century.

:lol: I thought this too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'm pretty sure she was wearing that outfit because she'd just ridden her high horse all the way up from the early 19th Century.

:bravo: Good stuff.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Jessica, Donna and Rachel need to take her shopping. Those three know how to rock business wear.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Probably, there's no way anybody is getting away clean from a reveal that Mike isn't really a lawyer.

I thought they had some hacker dude add him to the harvard database. It wouldn't stand up under serious scrutiny but if anyone does a cursory look it'll work.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm not opposed to a Donna clothes shopping montage episdoe

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I thought they had some hacker dude add him to the harvard database. It wouldn't stand up under serious scrutiny but if anyone does a cursory look it'll work.

Yeah, a hacker girl in the first season added him to Harvard's alumni roll so if someone were to just query Harvard it'd say he went there. However, there are a hundred little things that would trip him up, like how there would be no record of anything else related to him going there.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I'm really struggling to understand this whole 'well Katrina is written so unlikably'.

She's a convicted oil executive who bribed foreign military for business and probably asked them to murder environmentalists.

In the real world, we'd all be calling for her head, and we'd be right.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Junior G-man posted:

I'm really struggling to understand this whole 'well Katrina is written so unlikably'.

She's a convicted oil executive who bribed foreign military for business and probably asked them to murder environmentalists.

In the real world, we'd all be calling for her head, and we'd be right.

Katrina is the associate that was previously at the DA's office but managed to get a job in the firm. Pretty much everyone in the firm, except for Rachel, are pretty terrible people.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Donna is not a terrible person :colbert:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Rocksicles posted:

Destroyed evidence to help Harvey :colbert:

To add to an above comment, Rachel was going to pay someone to take the exam on her behalf.

Kegslayer posted:

Pretty much everyone in the firm , except for Rachel, are pretty terrible people.

Since everyone is so bad, I have no shame in proclaiming "Go go Team Litt!"

Fazana fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 2, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shredding a bit of paper doesn't make someone a terrible person, unethical maybe. But she didn't burn down an ophanage

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

This show is mad Nietzschean.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
explain... i'm not down with my philosophers. I'm a science sperg.

hold up... this kinda explains it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvz0CjtwH2k

edit: nah... lost me at Existentialism

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 2, 2013

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Well I have read pretty much nothing by Nietzsche ever but at least in terms of morality as it's presented to us in Suits - i.e., colored by the perspective of the sympathetic protagonists (Harvey and Mike, especially Harvey) - it seems like it's all about the top-tier human beings defining how it's gonna be and then for everyone else it's a matter of loyalty to them.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Peta posted:

This show is mad Nietzschean.

I have no idea how I forgot he was in Hotel Babylon. :swoon:

Chobdab
Aug 16, 2003

You don't know me James, you never did. I am not seeking forgiveness.
I hadn't realized Harvey was supposed to come off as sympathetic. It makes sense him being the guy you love to hate though, he is a dick to pretty much everyone so Mike is more sympathetic IMO.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Chobdab posted:

I hadn't realized Harvey was supposed to come off as sympathetic. It makes sense him being the guy you love to hate though, he is a dick to pretty much everyone so Mike is more sympathetic IMO.

Except like everyone keeps saying, Mike is slowly becoming Harvey 2.0. And I'm not opposed to this in the slightest.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DarkCrawler posted:

Except like everyone keeps saying, Mike is slowly becoming Harvey 2.0. And I'm not opposed to this in the slightest.

Wasn't last episode the first time he's defended someone he felt was guilty?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

I don't know. Isn't Donna suppose to have a really messy personal life because of her job and Harvey? She can also be pretty mean to Louis and not to mention Katrina in this most recent episode.

Chobdab posted:

I think we see him sympathise with him as the good guy because he always wins, has good rapport with Mike and does the occasional nice thing despite the fact that he's egotistical hypocritical narcissist.

Team Litt all the way baby!

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Chobdab posted:

Well I think Harvey's sympathetic insofar as Suits seemed to start off in a buddy show format. But yeah, he's kind of a wild card now and I guess it's an ensemble.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Everyone on this show is "bad" but with a certain personal code they follow. Nobody does anything hypocritical to their own beliefs. Everyone thinks they're not a jerk. And exploring the boundaries of those codes is really fun.

The scene with the dumb flash animation of a baby Mike made me groan, but then the reveal that it was for Louis made me laugh and appreciate it. It's exactly the kind of dumb petty immature thing that would appeal to his dumb petty sensibilities. She is totally playing him like a fiddle.

Harvey is still the most interesting, mysterious character. In deep contrast to Mike, Harvey's love life is fascinating because you really can't tell if he's a hollow person or highly, highly guarded. There are brief moments when you can tell he's aware of his age, and concerned about where his future is leading. He's approaching that point where he really shouldn't be dating supermodels anymore, and should seriously consider settling down. I think this push to become a managing partner is a desperate act to compensate for all the times he's blown having a deeper relationship.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Father? :catstare:

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

I don't know if this has been posted in past threads and I'm not caught up and don't want to spoil myself BUT.

After the first episode of this season I was like, "Y'know, sometimes I wish I knew what some of these songs were"

Bam

The season 3 episode 1 intro song is pretty :dance:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tumblr, the source of and solution to all life's problems.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Am I the only one who'd completely forgotten who Katrina was for a bit? I don't think she'd shown up at all beyond a couple episodes in season 2 so she'd slipped my mind.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
There is also a pretty good Spotify playlist out there somewhere. I don't use Spotify much anymore so I can't link.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

KilGrey posted:

Jessica, Donna and Rachel need to take her shopping. Those three know how to rock business wear.

I think it helps show that Katrina is different and not blending into the office environment.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usyS7Z4Wfxo

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I do not know what I just watched, but that was awesome.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Junior G-man posted:

I do not know what I just watched, but that was awesome.

I bet they have an entire extra season of random stuff.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Anyone else see the latest Suits commercial? Didn't think they'd go with the "Game of Suits" thing quite so literally but it was pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New episode tonight: "Conflict of Interest"
Harvey and Louis are at odds when Harvey's defense of Ava conflicts with Louis' assignment to prevent a hostile takeover of Hessington Oil.

Kind of interesting how this season is basically just focusing on one case.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

New episode tonight: "Conflict of Interest"
Harvey and Louis are at odds when Harvey's defense of Ava conflicts with Louis' assignment to prevent a hostile takeover of Hessington Oil.

Kind of interesting how this season is basically just focusing on one case.

I like it more. It makes it more complex than just the standard usa plot before/after stuff with a bad guy a week.

e: they started experimenting with this style for the second half of season 2, and I'm glad they've just switched over entirely.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

ambushsabre posted:

I like it more. It makes it more complex than just the standard usa plot before/after stuff with a bad guy a week.

e: they started experimenting with this style for the second half of season 2, and I'm glad they've just switched over entirely.

I always cringe when people talk about the standard USA formula as though it still exists. For whatever reason, USA has worked tirelessly to "fix" the formula that turned them into one of the most popular cable networks. As a result, the fun, episodic shows they built a brand on are now depressing and heavily serialized. Honestly, watch an episode from the first or second season of Burn Notice and then tune in on Thursday. They might as well be two different shows. I hate the fact that Suits is heading the same way.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Now we just need webisodes online of Donna and Rachel hijinks

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

JohnSherman posted:

I always cringe when people talk about the standard USA formula as though it still exists. For whatever reason, USA has worked tirelessly to "fix" the formula that turned them into one of the most popular cable networks. As a result, the fun, episodic shows they built a brand on are now depressing and heavily serialized. Honestly, watch an episode from the first or second season of Burn Notice and then tune in on Thursday. They might as well be two different shows. I hate the fact that Suits is heading the same way.

I actually think Burn Notice got better, and is doing things with the idea that are more serious and it might as well do in it's final season. Sure it's "darker", but I'd rather have that than another season of action hero cliche whatever like all the other seasons were (don't get me wrong, they were good, but I like that they're trying new things). There are still plenty of episodic USA shows left: White Collar, Necessary Roughness, and to a certain extent Cover Affairs (although this one less-so than it was before) all still follow the formula.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Holy gently caress instant win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Those ladies weren't cold?

• Locked thread