Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Rachel's place doesn't have a doorbell...or a gate or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I really hope that Female Louis and British Louis eventually meet up, and that we're a fly on that wall.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Someone figured out Meghan Markle works out before this episode was shot.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Louis noooo

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
HOLY poo poo HARVEY, this is the best season

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:asoiaf:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I still feel like the writers are just phoning it in for Mike-related plots. His storyline just seems consistently weaker than anything else in the show.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Are you kidding me with the Meghan Markle in bed with an exposed leg.

I was over here drooling.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
How do we not have a gif of Litt doing rotator cuff exercises? Amongst other things.

Hope the fued between Mike and Harvey doesn't go all season, their interactions were alsways some of my favorite bits. Tho I suppose if it ends up giving Donna more screentime as a go between all is not lost.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Azhais posted:

How do we not have a gif of Litt doing rotator cuff exercises? Amongst other things.

Hope the fued between Mike and Harvey doesn't go all season, their interactions were alsways some of my favorite bits. Tho I suppose if it ends up giving Donna more screentime as a go between all is not lost.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Louis has stepped it up, that back and forth with Nigel about the Monte Cristo was pure genius.

Gladstone
Dec 13, 2010
Louis owns as usual.

Goddamn what an ending, I'm hyped as gently caress for the rest of season 3.

t3h_z0r
Oct 13, 2012

"A cop in body armor is designed to look intimidating."
I AM A LIAR
AV Club was bitching a lot about the ending to Season 2, but I was on the edge of my seat for most of it and it had a lot of great performances even if the case of the week plot was as attenuated and vestigial as possible. This episode, by contrast, lacked all the tension of the back half of season 2.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

Laughing like a loon at Louis Littler.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I enjoyed the episode but I find it even more amusing there's not a decent person in the whole group, every one of them is a degenerate two faced git in some way or other :v: I know I said it last season as well but by the end of the first episode of this season they are really going for that bigtime.

As far as Mike getting caught and busted, I wouldn't miss him if he left the cast by the end of the season tbh, he can take Rachel with him and run away *somewhere* and leave us Harvey, Louis and Jessica to plot and scheme between them more than entertainingly.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 17, 2013

Litmus Test
Jul 11, 2013
Based off the trailer for the next episode, it seems like they're going to have Mike's loyalty shifting more towards Louis while Harvey becomes more 'line ranger' rather than Batman and Robin.

e: Good episode all around. Reminded me of the first season, albeit with more intrigue.

Litmus Test fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 17, 2013

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Litmus Test posted:

Based off the trailer for the next episode, it seems like they're going to have Mike's loyalty shifting more towards Louis while Harvey becomes more 'line ranger' rather than Batman and Robin.

It's also a USA trailer so I wouldn't read into it.

ONEMANWOLFPACK
Apr 27, 2010
I have liked this show since it started.

Something has felt off since Season 2 (first half) ended.

It was interesting to actually see Jessica talk to Varys, and then turn around and completely like to Harvey. Puts a different spin on their past interactions, we have never seen her caught in a lie before. Makes her look a bit like a sociopath, having to do that at her own firm.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ONEMANWOLFPACK posted:

Makes her look a bit like a sociopath, having to do that at her own firm.

She can't stare the one person who tried who break the merger in the face and tell him that she just got a slap in the face from the partner he tried to oust.

Fazana posted:

I enjoyed the episode but I find it even more amusing there's not a decent person in the whole group, every one of them is a degenerate two faced git in some way or other :v: I know I said it last season as well but by the end of the first episode of this season they are really going for that bigtime.

I think the show is more trying to portray that they all care about one another, but let face-value actions get in the way of them understanding motivations too much (all the sub-plots played with the same theme much more apparently - Mike and Donna being the best example). Harvey only feels betrayed by Jessica doubting him and causing a rift between Mike and him. Jessica is only worried that her putting her foot down is too much for Harvey to handle. They all keep planning ahead for what the person might do to hurt them, but not what the person might do if they care for them.
__

The way it's going, the show is setting Harvey up to be a swing-vote managing partner. I wonder what Jessica will do to win him back.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm still wondering why Harvey is pissed at Mike when he got backed into a corner like that. I doubt he even had time to run to Harvey first even if he wanted to.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

PaganGoatPants posted:

I'm still wondering why Harvey is pissed at Mike when he got backed into a corner like that. I doubt he even had time to run to Harvey first even if he wanted to.

Like he told Mike in the lobby, it was about loyalty. If Jessica put him in that position, he should have called Harvey immediately and told him that he was in a pickle. If they couldn't find a way around it, at least Harvey wouldn't be blindsided. It's that Mike didn't come to him that hurt Harvey.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Mike has really grown. He's not nearly as lost and naive as he used to be, but he's not exactly turning into his mentors either. I like how he's developing.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So is Rachel going to law school or not? I forgot what happened with that last season other than she got rejected from Harvard.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
We just finished watching the premiere. I wish they would have done a better job recapping, it took me fifteen minutes to remember exactly how Season 2 ended.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

So is Rachel going to law school or not? I forgot what happened with that last season other than she got rejected from Harvard.

If she wants to still be a lawyer at Pearson Hardman Darby she has to go to Harvard or I guess she could go to Oxford.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

muscles like this? posted:

If she wants to still be a lawyer at Pearson Hardman Darby she has to go to Harvard or I guess she could go to Oxford.

Qarthbridge Cambridge.

Pretty sure law is an undergraduate program in the U.K., though she could always go for a LLM.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

In retrospect the beginning dream sequence is hilarious. Harvey offering a handshake to Mike? Ha!

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Fazana posted:

Jenny.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Litmus Test posted:

I know it's a small thing and it's basically speculation, but please don't post about the trailers for new eps without using spoiler tags. I try my very best to avoid trailers whenever possible.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
That episode owned. Totally sneaked up on me too, I forgot it was coming back now. Aside from reminding me that it's far "doom and gloom"-ier than anything else on USA, the other thing that really stuck out to me was that Gary Cole looked way too much like Gerardo Rivera

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
I can't believe nobody has mentioned that we finally got to see Norma! Can someone take a screencap of that (I watched in on TV)?

edit:
vvvvvvv
argh, must have mis-heard. Sorry!

ambushsabre fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 18, 2013

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

ambushsabre posted:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned that we finally got to see Norma! Can someone take a screencap of that (I watched in on TV)?

That wasn't Norma. Louis says, "You tell Norma if I don't have a package of Uniballs on my desk by noon, she can kiss her trip to Dollywood goodbye."

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

ambushsabre posted:

edit:
vvvvvvv
argh, must have mis-heard. Sorry!

It was totally played up as Norma though! There was a pause before the line you missed for a reason.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
Yea Suits is back.

Pretty happy with the Harvey set up to the season that was a good way to end the 1st show.

Mike has grown up it seems but drat there is nothing interesting for him to do. oh no poor genius boy with will he wont he gf are together. Oh no Harvey doesn't like you because you aint loyal. He is just a hard character to root for.

Im glad they brought back IT guy Benjamin? Dude should have some adventures with Mike Ross doing a The IT Crowd spin off type sub plots every week

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I was struck by this as I watched the new season: there's a deluge of USA protagonists named Mike these days.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Jesus, the show has gotten way darker. I feel like Harvey's psychopathy was usually handled gracefully like a lovable rogue thing but now he's just mad at the world and everyone hates everyone and without the buddy relationship between the leads it's like the feel-good moments all come from minor characters / Louis.

By the same token though I loved the Louis/Mike bits and I kind of really wanna watch Louis develop a relationship with Mike for non-underhanded purposes. When Louis acts nice my ice heart melts. :sun:

Also I disagree with whoever said they've phoned it in on Mike. I like his character development and the contrast between his humanity and others', e.g., how he wound up treating the computer guy.

Peta fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 19, 2013

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
I really like this cast a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ibwaRjQirs

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New episode tonight: "I Want You to Want Me"

Louis has an offer for Mike that could affect his future at the firm. Harvey and Jessica take on an old foe, who throws a wrench into their defense of Ava Hessington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope Mike doesn't utter that quote.

• Locked thread