Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Having a blast with this so far. My usual 15 minute walk to the gym turned into a 30 minute walk each way. Ended up taking a couple detours on the way to work to hit up some portals. Submitted 10 new portals around my apartment (surprisingly a whole city park across the street had 0 portals). I'm a cop and my partner thought I was crazy when I told him why I was taking pics of an MTA building. gently caress it, yolo. Gonna turn my whole precinct green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

PerrineClostermann posted:

See? Even law enforcement recognizes the Enlightenment. Stand down, Resistance. :colbert:
When you really think about it, could it have been any other way? :cop:

Almost at level 3. Set up my first control field today and took down 2 low level portals in my mostly blue neighborhood. Feeling good.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The problem with Niantic is that they are only taking actions on things you can prove in all COMM. If you can't prove someone did something against the rules without the data in all COMM than they wont do anything. While I can't blame them so much for taking that route it means things like IRL aggression goes unchecked.
Does this actually happen?

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yes. Stuff like this happens frequently vvvvv

We've got a guy here that is completely insane. Drives through parking lots at 50 miles an hour, screams at you quite literally and has a particularly nasty attitude towards women. On more than one occasion he decided to yell and scream things like "whore" and "oval office" at a good friend of mine WITH her 12 year old daughter present. Sure the cops get called but by the time they show up it goes down like "Yeah, there's this guy that goes by the name of LEETHACKER that drives badly and screams at people!"

You give them a plate number and at best, AT BEST the only thing that happens is the police call the person and they deny it. Case closed.

Me and some others in the same area as this dude have basically stopped playing because he's allowed to roam free and none of us want to be yelled at because BEEP BOOP FOURSQUARE 2.0
Yeah, unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that. In my city's case it's just harassment, which is a violation, which police need to witness to take any sort of enforcement action. We'll take a report, but that's about it.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Runs like a dream on my HTC One. I like the animations too. It just makes it more fun than a simple text box that says "hacking."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Famethrowa posted:

loving seriously. If people are going to try and intimidate me physically, then I'm not going to play the loving game. I'm not waltzing into gang territory just because there is an objective there.

I know that's probably not the norm, but giving a list of "cool tips to stop you from getting beaten up in a game!" is way unnerving.

Edit: just nonchalantly suggest that you carry a gun while playing :psyduck:
I'm a cop in one of the worst precincts in NYC and I regularly see people on comms talking about going there and claiming portals. Phone snatches/robberies happen left and right there, so just imagine some nerdy white kids walking around with their heads buried in their phones. Good luck have fun try not to get robbed brah.

• Locked thread