Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rodyle posted:

And people wonder why Japan has one of the world's highest suicide rates.

A couple of years ago when I was on holiday, a train a friend and I were on was delayed because apparently someone had jumped onto the track. It being Monday morning I joked about not being able to face going back to work and my friend (who lives there) just looked at me and went 'Yeah, that's pretty much it.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh god. I think this show hits a bit too close to home for me to ever enjoy watching it. :smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think that was the first episode I found more funny than painful to watch. It's all one now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain Invictus posted:

I've never seen The Office. What's this mean? It's extremely uncomfortable for cubicle-dwellers or something?

It's a show about a terrible person who thinks he's god's gift at everything and hits close to home for anyone who's been forced to work under an incompetent, out of his depth manager with zero people skills. Or who is one, I guess. The original British version is one of a long line of shows about laughing at awful people that dates back to the 60's, if not further, it's a comedy staple here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I don't really get what all the wailing over this episode was, the only thing it really did differently was cast Tomoko in a completely unsympathetic light, cheating against kids is pretty low.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Qwertycoatl posted:

What's the cockroach scene a reference to? It feels really familiar (espcially the music) but I can't place it.

I hate the fact that I know this but Terra Formars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zogundar posted:

Isn't the last year of Japanese high school just exams and misery and no-fun-allowed?

Only in real life.

• Locked thread