Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
People who open a bag of chips (or crisps w/e) upside down. Why would you do that? And why does it bother me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
My workplace is organising a pretty big event soon, and you have to register in order to participate. My colleagues are all: "Huh, I'd like to get some more information before I register. They never tell us anything."
I asked: "Uhm, did you check the site that is dedicated to this event and literally contains all the information you ever need?".
The answer: "Of course not. But the point is, nobody ever tells us anything about what's happening."

So my pet peeve is people complaining that they're not informed, when they just have to read something somewhere. Jeez, what do you expect? Some guy coming in and holding your hand while he directs you to the info-page?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

nyquil hangover posted:

The local "arts" reviewer did a review of a show my husband was in. He straight-up said he walked out before intermission, but still wrote and published the whole review. How can you review something without watching the whole thing?

Something similar: reviewers that are somehow afraid to admit something was great or amazing. It's like the cool thing to do, find one tiny detail and whine about that forever, and ignore all the good points of the show. Even worse is when the reviewer points out that something would be near impossible, but it sure would be nice to have been included in the show.
For example, I just read a review of a Jay Z performance. The reviewer said: "it's a bit silly that they use the singing of other artists on tape, and then Jay Z raps live for his parts of the song. But that's how it goes in modern hip-hop."

Why yes mr. reviewer. I agree, it sure would have been nice if Kanye West, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys, Beyonce and a shitload other artists all performed their part live for that one show. It would also have been nice if every guest got a free Ferrari for attending the show.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Cowslips Warren posted:

I don't know, if the axe comes down, and I have a choice to cut the woman who is always in the office working, or the woman who is always going on vacations and coming back with tons of photos of her SCUBA trips and talking about how they're buying a timeshare in Mexico, who works, yes, but is always planning her next vacation...I know which one to cut.

This doesn't make sense. If she had the time off, why not take advantage of it? Other employees probably have a similar amount of paid time off. I'd rather be scuba-diving in Mexico rather than sitting at home watching TV on my day off.

Anyway, pet peeve. Cyclists who have a really really tiny light and expect that everybody sees them. No dude, you're dressed in all black, riding your bicycle at night in the rain, your 1 pixel led-light does nothing at all.

I used to be like that, and then I got my driver's licence. Now I realize how hard it is to see other people in the dark while you're driving your car.

• Locked thread