Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I just today heard some ladies at the gym discussing this exact thing. One was saying something like, "yeah they said it starts at 2, but you know no one is going to show up until 6!" Other lady was like, "Yeah I'm going to start getting ready at 5:30."

Ohhhhh my god, gently caress these people. Nothing bothers me quite like people who do this. It's just the epitome of inconsiderate assholeness. Why yes, I do want to start the party at a certain time because I only have so much time in the week to enjoy myself. This used to happen all the goddamned time with my old group of friends. I eventually got to the point of telling them it was an hour before it was supposed to be just so they'd show up vaguely on time.

I guess it bothers me a lot because I'm one of those people who like to arrive about ten to fifteen minutes before anything starts.

On another note, people who stand around in the middle of hallways. Dude, some of us are trying to get to other places. You and your friends can talk elsewhere. You're forming a clot in the artery that is this hallway. I have places to be, drat it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

People who ask you for help with something, and then yell at you when you don't read their minds and do it in their often completely batshit and inefficient way to do it. My roommate does this a lot. She'll ask me for help doing the dishes or something to get it done faster- alright, that's fair. So I go to help her and she screams at me because I don't do it to her exact specifications- but she never tells me what she wants done!

Jesus christ, woman, I get that you're neurotic as gently caress, but go get some pills or something, jesus.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

How do you get poo poo on the back of the seat? :psyduck: Are they just like, sitting so far back that their rear end in a top hat is basically on the back of the seat and then just loving letting ti squish down and into the toilet?

Aaaag, grossed myself out hardcore.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Also on the bacon thing, the weird obsession that the internet has with bacon. Yes, bacon is tasty, but it is not the next coming of christ, and it's not worth all the "OMFG BACON HAHA PUT BACON ON IT BACON ICECREAM BACON SODA BACON EVERYTHING HAHAHA" that seems to be really loving common. It just pisses me off so much.

Edit: Also people who cook their steaks well done. Just... just why? You're ruining a perfectly lovely cut of meat. And you just know they're gonna put ketchup on it. :(

FluxFaun has a new favorite as of 17:52 on Jul 20, 2013

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Drum posted:

Morons at the self-check.

The HEB I go to has four self-checkout lanes that are supposed to make it that much faster for people just getting a few things.

Invariably, one is out of order. One is occupied by someone completely ignoring the 20-item limit with their massive basket. The other two are being gawked at by people who are clearly time-travelers from the 1800s, completely confounded by these magic machines.

If you've got over the limit, or are technologically impaired, go to the regular lanes. Don't hold up the rest of us.

loving thiiiiiis. Or people who let their kids do it because they're "so precious". gently caress you. I just want to get my loving groceries and go home. Watching your stupid kid try to figure out how to use the machine just makes me want to punt the little bastards. Teach your kids how to use them later, some of us want to just get our poo poo.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Quick background: I sometimes supplement my paychecks so I can pay my rent by drawing people's lovely characters.

That said, I cannot stand people who want lizardmen type characters, but insist on them having mammalian characteristics. Lizards are reptiles. That means they do not grow hair (especially eyelashes :psyduck:), they do not have boobs, etc. I will still draw your lovely boob lizard, but the whole time I will hate you. I will hate you very much.

E: Captain Drumline, I cannot say how much I agree with this. The worst franchise in my opinion? Final Fantasy. I love the series, but it's just packed with big, lovely brick walls. I'll be running around, completely stomping every enemy, and then SURPRISE it's a brick wall boss that I can't beat without grinding ten more levels.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Garnavis posted:

It's frustrating when I've just put a fair amount of effort into preparing a meal that I'm proud of and someone goes and puts a bunch of salt/tobasco/maggi/whatever on their helping. "Salt to taste" is not meant to be expanded to "Salt until to (the point where the salt is the only thing you can) taste".

Ohhhh god, I hate these people so much. Some of my family members are like this- I'll have spent time and effort preparing something I'm really thinking is good and then some of my family members will ruin it by pouring poo poo all over it.

Also, again, people who like their steaks done well done and with ketchup poured all over it. What is even the point of having a steak at that point? Just eat a lovely well done hamburger instead, it'll taste the same and I won't have wasted six bucks on a nice steak for dinner.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

QueenOfTheEyesores posted:

WRAP THE MOTHERFUCKING CHEESE BEFORE YOU PUT IT BACK IN THE FRIDGE

IT GETS lovely IF YOU DON'T

DUDE YOU ARE A CHEF.

PS I LOVE YOU

This, but with anything that can go lovely if you don't cover it correctly. PUT THE loving SARAN WRAP ON THE FRUIT SALAD YOU JACKASS OR WE'LL END UP WITH GROSS SQUISHY DEPRESSING FRUIT.

Also people who don't put things away in the right place. Do you know where jelly goes after it's opened? In the fridge. Where does peanut butter go? In the pantry. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Bread does NOT go in the fridge, it goes in the loving BREAD BIN that is MADE FOR IT and also has a PICTURE of BREAD on the loving LID. Where does the pop go? NOT ON THE loving TABLETOP THAT'S FOR SURE. I don't know why you want to drink lovely rear end warm nasty soda, but goddamn.

Bonus question! Where do the cooking knives go? If you answered anything but in the knife block where they belong I hate you and I hope you poop yourself in public.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

^^^ It's fine if that's the reason you're doing it. That makes sense. What I hate is that, in a apartment with three people, all of whom eat bread on a near-daily basis, there's bread IN THE loving FRIDGE where it can get gross and soggy and euuurgh.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Video games where text appears very slowly, letter by letter. Skyward Sword has all of the dialogue come through at about 1/6 of what feels like a natural reading pace, and was frustrating enough that I had to stop playing. I know that there's a patch to fix it, but it already pissed me off enough that I can't go back to it.

News sites that post stories with paragraph breaks between every single sentence.

Hnnnnng. Seriously. I read pretty quickly and I friggin' hate it when I'm forced to wait for slow rear end text to show up. And it's never like, fast enough that I can at least think "oh, okay people don't read as fast as me and that's okay", they always put it so it's so slow that only illiterate people would be unable to read it. Basically it's like so:

H...e...l...l...o...w...o...r...l...d...

Dude at least put it up one full word at a time goddamn.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Thanks, I didn't know the knife block thing. I was wondering why I had to sharpen them so often. I'll go get one of those lovely magnetic strips. Thanks so much!

On topic: people who don't get that I can't see them over the phone. Dude, I can't tell you what to do if you can't describe what's happening to me. I don't know if you know this, guy, but I can't see what you're seeing through the phone. Saying "that thing" or "this thing" does nothing. WORDS. YOU ARE A BIG BOY USE THEM CHRIST.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

LifeSizePotato posted:

This reminds me of one. On recipe websites, it seems like over half the people reviewing a recipe have to boast about the laundry list of custom substitutions and alterations they made, to the point where they're barely even using the original recipe. I get that you're a culinary genius who can just spontaneously swap out every ingredient for something else, and we're all very impressed by your creative flights of fancy, but your opinion of the recipe at hand really doesn't count for anything if you didn't make it as written at least once.

I hate these people. Let your food speak for itself, people! Cooking is a skill that is important and everyone should know how to do at least a little, yes. And yes, it's super exciting when you get to the point where you can just wing it, but come on. I think the only time I ever mention substitutions is if someone asks or to make sure no one's got allergies.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Christopher Robin posted:

Ew. Yes. My mother does this with her new dog. She even goes so far as to call him my "brother" :smith: It's so embarrassing and gross.

People who insist that tea is the best thing ever and somehow so calming and mood-lifting that it will fix everything. You're depressed? Curl up with tea and a book!!

I'm one of these people, but in my defense, I do have major depressive disorder, am on meds and in therapy. I do honestly think that tea is seriously one of the most soothing things there is, but that's just my opinion. I do honestly feel better if I hit a low and I just take some time to make some tea and curl up for a while until I feel better. :unsmith:

On topic, people who are too goddamned cheery first thing in the morning and think you have to be, too. gently caress you, guy. When I first wake up I just want everyone to leave me the gently caress alone until I wake up a bit. I don't want someone in my face being obnoxious and harassing me. "Smile! Up and at 'em! Time to be bright-eyed and bushy tailed!" God, that's obnoxious. And it's always someone who gets offended when you're not farting sunshine and rainbows the first thing in the morning.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Manfrompoot posted:

Seconding everyone who's chimed in about the "why dont you smiiiiiile?<3" people. My sister and I went on a trip to Ireland and she pulled this poo poo on me non-stop. Yeah, it's cool that we're here and there's tons of cool stuff to see, but I'm not going to walk around all wide-eyed, teeth bared like I just got hit with a dose of Smilex. Especially not when we're just sitting in the hot rear end tour bus driving to our next destination. I'll smile when I see something worth loving smiling about.

Fffffff. I hate this so much. Look, dude, I don't smile unless I have a reason to. I might be enjoying myself, but I'm not gonna hang out with a creepy-rear end huge, pointless smile on my face at all times. I have what my friends affectionately refer to as "resting bitchface syndrome". Just because I look grumpy does nto actually mean that I am. That is just my face. Asking me about it or pestering me about it nonstop is what makes me grumpy. Not the actual lack of smile.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I burned my loving tongue. Now I gotta spend the next couple of days tasting nothing and dealing with awful sandpaper feeling on my tongue. AAAAAG. :argh:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

People who learn you hate a word/phrase and then go out of their way to use it as often as possible because it's "funny". You know what's funny, dillweed? Me punching you in the throat. That's funny.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Gaming pet peeve:

Games that take away all your powers/abilities for stupid bullshit reasons. Costume Quest does this not once, not twice, but three goddamn times. It's not fun, it's just tedious and annoying. And it's not even the worst offender!

It's like, wow, thanks game, for taking away all that fun I was having and giving me this lovely, boring and frustrating sidequest to get back all the things I have earned at this point again. That sure is not annoying at all. It's not like I was having fun and feeling accomplished with my progress, no. Let's just spend way more of my time than what needs to be spent getting back what shouldn't have been taken away to begin with, thanks.

It just reeks of "poo poo we need to pad out the game what do we do?".

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Seconding people standing in doorways talking. You utter shitwizards. Way to have some common goddamned courtesy. There are literally hundreds of better places for you to stand and talk about whatever utterly trivial bullshit you're talking about. Why must you do it in the door way? WHY.

Also people who block up the whole goddamned aisle with their carts. You don't need to be in constant contact with your cart, you dipshits. These people are goddamned awful, too, because they never move when asked. I once asked this one woman- and I'm not exaggerating here- ten times to please move out of the way so I could just grab my can of tomato sauce and book it out of there. She had her cart taking up the entirety of the aisle, and she herself was standing in the very small area not occupied by it. I ended up having to walk all the way around through a different aisle in order to grab one loving can of sauce.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Hbomberguy posted:

My kettle is technically wireless, you just have to put it on a stand. Whenever my roommate makes tea, he puts the kettle somewhere other than the stand when he's done. Like, just on the counter somewhere.

This pisses me off to such an unnecessary degree he does it intentionally now. :negative:

My roomate has an awful habit of using my loose leaf teas the wrong way, thereby wasting a lot of it. She doesn't use the teaspoon or thereabouts for a kettle in the little teaball, nooooo. That would make sense. Instead she dumps nearly half a cup straight into the kettle, and then strains that out. WHY.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Pretty much I use a teaspoon of leaves because I have the tiniest kettle ever. Plus I can always re-steep using the same leaves.

The main problem I have with my roomie is that she uses basically a whole bag of leaves for one cup of tea. She never drinks the whole kettle. Ever. She just makes one cup, then either pours the rest down the sink or just lets it sit there and go all nasty. :argh:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

A lot of Americans use "teapot" and "kettle" interchangeably. At least I hope that's all that's going on here.

Yes. It is technically a tea pot.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I haven't fallen down stairs since I was like, 4 and didn't know how stairs worked. It's really possible you might have an inner ear issue- when I popped my eardrum, I couldn't hardly walk without bumping into everything. It's worth seeing a doctor for.

Onto pet peeves:
People who play their music with the bass way the gently caress up. Look, dudes, I don't mind if you listen to music. I really don't. I don't even mind if you listen to it loudly. But you know what makes me want to poo poo in your eyes? Turning your bass up so high it rattles my walls and floors. My upstairs and downstairs neighbors do this all the loving time. It's gotten to the point where they don't even listen to the apartment management anymore and I've had to start calling the cops when they do it. Hopefully a disturbing the peace fine or whatever they give you for too many noise complaints gets the point across.

People who walk away while talking to me, or talk to me when they know I'm rooms away and can't hear them. Look, I can't loving hear you if there's too much distance between us. I don't know if you know how ears work, but do at least try. My mom does this the most, too. She'll be talking to me and then walk into the bathroom, shut the door, and never stop talking to me. :psyduck:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

People who don't parent their goddamned children. A kid's behavior is shaped through the people who care for him. So when you let your goddamn demon crotchspawn run around literally screaming at the tops of their lungs, you've hosed up. Teach little Billy that there's such a thing as an inside voice, for gently caress's sake! And if you don't, don't get mad at me for telling him that inside is for inside voices and he needs to be quieter. Cripes.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

People who don't realize that a rough draft is just that: a rough draft. Look, motherfucker, I'm showing you this rough draft so you can make sure that everything you wanted to be included is included. It is not finished in any way, shape or form. This means that nitpicking every tiny little thing is pointless. Yes, I know that the shading isn't done. I haven't actually started on it yet. Yes, I know that the background is fuzzy. Because I haven't actually finished painting it yet. I am literally just asking you if the layout looks okay before I start actual work on this.

I expecially hate it when people do that, but for menial chores. Yes, I know that the cups go in the cupboard. But I am currently washing them, and therefore need to do that first. AAAG. :argh:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

theironjef posted:

Conversely I hate it when someone asks me to review their rough draft and doesn't provide any context as to the sort of notes they want. I hate getting interrupted a bunch of times with "Yeah, I know that already" and "It's just a rough draft, quit being so critical." gently caress that guy, he asked me to critique specifically! Want specific notes? Ask for them!

I literally just asked "Are these colors okay?". He went on for six paragraphs on things that will be sorted when I actually start work. I just... :psyduck:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Oh, dude, yes. I hate it when people ask for critique and then get mad at you for giving it.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

SweetKarma posted:

Is it possible for someone to be on ANY diet and not talk about it 24/7 or try to give me health tips.

THIIIS. I don't care about your new Atkins/Hi-carb/Lo-carb/Paleo/Keto/Vegan/Mediterranian diet. I will continue to eat how I want to eat and no matter of not-so subtly talking about how great your diet is is going to change my mind.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

People who ask you to do favors for them and then complain about how you do it. Mother fucker, I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart, you don't get to nit pick about how I'm doing it. If you want to nit pick this, then you can do it your own loving self. Example: my roommate asks me to do hee dishes because she had to finish her homework before class. Sure, whatever. Only then she stands there hovering over my shoulder, nit picking how I do dishes. Do it your own self, then!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

People who don't seem to realize that I have an accurate sense of time. I'm going to a meeting today at 10. I was going to sleep until 8, get dressed, tidy up the house and be out of the house and on the way at 9, giving myself about 45 minutes to account for traffic and still arrive 10-15 minutes early. So my neurotic colleague calls me every ten minutes from 6 until now, at 7.45, asking me if I'm ready yet. Dude. I am a goddamned adult. I know how long it takes me to get ready (15 minutes, I'm sitting here completely ready to go). I'm not going to leave TWO HOURS EARLY just to sit around.

I guess I should amend that to neurotic people in general. You know the ones, the people who seem to think that no one but them knows what's happening or what's going on? These are the same fuckers that ask you to do a favor for them but then hover and nit-pick your process the whole. loving. time.

Maybe I'm just grumpy because of lack of sleep but this poo poo pisses me right off.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I hate so much that every unknowable, ancient dark horror is automatically "lovecrafitan."

Not only this, but how the main spooky fluid is always blood. What's wrong with good old puss, ichor, tar, mold, and the like? Nope. Always blood.

On another note, people who don't seem to realize that when a person has headphones in it means they prolly don't want to talk to you.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

candywife posted:

When I ask a man how he'd like his hair cut and he says "Uhh just a medium haircut please."

"Medium haircut" is so vague and can really mean any kind of cut that's somewhere between buzzed to skin and hair past your shoulders so I'll usually ask something like "Would you like it cut on the sides so that it's not touching your ears? How do you normally style it or part it? How long has it been since your last cut?" to get a better idea of what I should do and they're just like "I don't know, just give me a MEDIUM MENS HAIRCUT please. Not too long, but not too short, just medium." Or my faaaavorite "I don't know what I want so just cut a little bit off at a time and I'll tell you when it's good."

It's different if a man comes in and says "I want something different than what I've been doing" then answers a few general questions ("Would styling your hair with a product be ok or do you prefer to just wake up and go in the mornings? What do you not like about your hair currently?" ect) and I don't mind doing specific adjustments after I've cut someone's hair, like when a guy asks if I can make the front a bit shorter or make the sideburns thinner or hop down a number with the clippers. But I do not have the time or patience required to do 20 different haircuts by trimming off a 16th of an inch each time on some guy who can't even give me a general idea of what he wants.
I just want to take a #5 clipper guard to the entire head of every guy that tells me that and tell them "It's a medium haircut! #1 is short, #10 is long, so #5 is medium!"

"Medium" when used by anyone who's loving indecisive. Like,"medium" when it's an actual quantification of size? Fine! Congrats, you know how basic common loving sense works! Yay! But those fuckers who stand in line at the tea shop for the whole ten minutes it takes to get to the front fo the line and then go "uuuuuuh... medium....uhhhh" gently caress YOU you mouth breathing, incest-boggled cock nugget. These are teh same people who either don't or won't make their minds up about what they want, too, so I get to stand there for an extra ten minutes on my 30 minute break because loving Cumbubble McShittyface can't loving decide if he wants the green or the black tea. YOU HAVE THE ENTIRETY OF THE TIME SPENT IN LINE TO DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT. gently caress.

I have some friends who do that stupid "Oh I'm gonna come over oh wait no oh wait yes well no wait yes maybe wait no nevermind" thing and it drives me UP THE loving WALL. JUST DECIDE. If you don't know, just tell me "I don't know, I'll get back to you" so I can decide if I can finally take my pants off for the day or if I need to clean my house up a bit or if I need to make more for dinner. MY PLANS ARE NOW DEPENDENT ON YOUR INDECISIVENESS. AAAAG. The worst part is I can't even be properly mad at them because they're good friends otherwise.

Also people who don't read signs. There's apparantly a pandemic of people who have decided that there is no need to pay any attention to their surroundings at all.

I promise I'm not always this mad, I just have the flu and had a bad day today.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

candywife posted:

Oh god, this too.
I went to Starbucks on my 15 minute break one day to pick up a small coffee, and there was a family in line in front of me that had apparently never been to a Starbucks or learned to read a menu in their life.
"What's a latte? What's a Mocha? What is Americano? What comes in a hot cocoa? What kind of shakes do you have? I want a banana shake. You don't have banana, just chocolate and vanilla? Can I just have a banana? You don't have bananas at all? Can I get a strawberry shake? You have sandwiches? Can I have PBJ? No? Can I have a grilled cheese then? Do you have french fries? What about Popsicles? Can we order popcorn here?"
I was switching between feeling pity for the poor girl who worked there and had to first read everything off the menu for them and explain it, then repeat over and over that Starbucks only has what's on the menu and feeling intense rage since I knew exactly what I wanted and they were holding up the line. They seriously took 20 minutes with their bullshit before the mom settled on getting an ice blended something or other, then when she got it she was disappointed that it was so cold and wanted to know why it was cold and if they could heat it up.
I wanted to shake her so badly and just scream "ARE YOU loving RETARDED? WHAT DID YOU THINK ICE BLENDED MEANT???"
I asked if I could please order really quick while they were deciding, since I was just getting a plain ol cup of coffee and had exact change and was in a hurry and they just looked at me like I was the rude idiot.

See, I would have murdered them. Murdered them right in their stupid faces. Goddamn.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

"One hundurnt".

This is me, sorry. I've never been able to get rid of my accent. :(

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Celery Face, listen, I need to give you some advice. I think you'd be better invested in getting a livejournal or a penzu account or something. I'm telling you this because I used to complain about the same stuff you are in a different incarnation of this thread, and it didn't end well for me. There are people on here who will find you annoying and then personally set out to make you feel awful. I realize the appeal of posting on this forum, I do. But I think a lot of your more age-related complaints would be better suited for somewhere else. Not saying this to be a douche, but it's true.

Content: People who have no basic sense of either spatial awareness or common courtesy. I was at the grocery store earlier and was reminded exactly why I hate this. I was waiting to get at the chicken area in the butcher's section, only to have my way blocked in every direction to the chicken by people who either don't know or don't care that they're being rude. These people were taking up the whole goddamned butcher's section with their carts, standing in big, clot-like clumps of people, and either ignored me or looked at me vacantly when asked politely to move. Dudes, look, you can talk to your buddies later, okay? Or at least off to the side, where you're not in everyone's way.

On that note, people who don't control their kids in public places. I understand that children are not always going to be perfect little angels all the time. That's fine. That's what the parents are for, to show them what's not acceptable public behavior, or, worst case scenario, to take them home. Instead, it seems like more and more people are just letting their kids run amok recently. Again at the grocery store, a group of three smallish (maybe 6 years old?) kids were loving ransacking a whole aisle. Pulling down products, leaving it on the floor, running up and down the aisle screaming, generally just being a nuisance. Where the gently caress are these kids' parents? CONTROL YOUR CHILDREN.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

cname posted:

touching stuff

The touching is even worse when you're tiny. I stand at five foot nothing, and for some reason this makes people think it's okay to touch me. Do not pat my head. Do not ruffle my hair. And for the love of all things sacred, do not pick me up. I don't know where exactly these people learned that this is okay, but it's not. It's the whole reason I'd rather walk or ride my bike than ride a bus, even if I have to leave hours earlier than I'd need to if I was taking a bus.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I knowwwwwww. It's the weirdest loving disconnect in people's minds, apparently. Why were they taught that this was okay? On top of that, I live in a place where everyone is super friendly- not usually a problem, but it seems like the standard way of greeting someone down here is hugs. Which... weirds me out. I don't really hug people unless I'm close to them, so it's always really awkward for me when people I don't know hug me upon first meeting me.

ETA: Also, people who use "Tis" to sound smarter. Tis a good way to make me want to poo poo on your coat.

FluxFaun has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Feb 24, 2014

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

Between this and the odd complaints of being pet and picked up I'm starting to suspect this goon of being a cat in disguise...

SHUT UP YOU'LL BLOW MY COVER. :catstare:

Dr Scoofles posted:

I'm curious, I find the concept of asking permission before non sexual/social touching a little strange. Do you dislike all touch? Like, a hand on the arm or a touch on the shoulder? Have you ever been to Europe before? A while back I was invited to my parent's elderly neighbours birthday party in France. I didn't know a soul there, but those old French ladies sure do love touching your hands when they talk to you. One old lady had her hand on my shoulder the whole time she talked to me. I really don't see a problem with that, and to get angry about it, or to assume those old ladies where touching me out of a sense of entitlement or creepyness is just :psyduck:. If anything the touching made me feel welcome in a situation where I was a complete outsider. I also used to work in Italy now and again and I would go to business lunches with colleagues. The hosts would kiss us as a greeting, men and women alike. I can't imagine calling somebody out on that by saying 'don't touch me'. If I did it would bring the whole lunch down to loving miserable levels of awkwardness and embarrassment. I mean, when I walk my dog I'll stop and chat with strangers and we'll often say goodbye by placing a hand on an arm or something. I had no idea it was a big deal.

I feel like a jerk for asking because it's really not my business who you let touch you, and of course it's a personal thing, but to me we're social creatures and touching is a just a day to day part of communicating with others. Whenever I go to London I just die inside at the urban isolation going on there. Don't make eye contact, don't speak to strangers, never ever touch another human being. :smith:
It's not casual touching that I mind. Like, someone touching my arm or patting my back or whatever is fine. But being picked up like a literal object is pretty loving creepy. I mean, of they asked, I'd still say no, because I hate being picked up, but it's the common courtesy of the thing. You wouldn't go up to some strange kid and pick them up because they're little, right? Or a dwarf? That'd be hosed up. So why people think it's okay to do it to me I don't know. not a cat

FluxFaun has a new favorite as of 08:55 on Feb 25, 2014

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

SO there's this thing that some people do that drive me nuts. When they knock on my door, instead of just doing the normal knockknockknock and then waiting a minute for me to get to the door- like, say, in case I was in another room- they instead seem to have a personal vendetta against my door and want to punch it to death. They'll just keep slamming on my door, so even if I yell out "One minute!" they'll just keep knockknockknockbangbangbangBANGBANGBANGSLAMSLAMSLAM

For gently caress's sake, you assholes. I don't spend all my time waiting right by the door just in case someone pops by. Just knock and then wait a minute. If I don't get to the door in a minute, then go ahead and knock again. Jesus christ.

Also people who point out really obvious things like you're an idiot. I'll be obviously waiting for something to cook in the microwave, and someone will come by and inevitably say "HEY DON'T FORGET TO TAKE IT OUT." No poo poo, cock nugget. I'm just standing here, looking eagerly at the microwave because I want to wait until after the food is done, and then I'm going to go on holiday to Bermuda. Or when you're in the process of doing something while they're watching you do it and they make sure to say to do the thing you're already doing. I'll be in the process of closing a door, say, and they'll look at me, in the exact moment I am closing the door, and say "Don't forget to close the door!" CHRIST. You lovely loving douche.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

Is that why they wanna play with my hair?

On topic: People who push food on me. I took the amount I wanted to eat, don't ask if I want more, and then do not ask me again after I say no. I do not want more food. The only person who is allowed to get away with this is my grandmother. Random people offering me food, and the drat student association on campus need to stop.

With that, if I say I don't want whatever you are offering, it does not mean I think the food is bad, do not try to convince me either. Sometimes I am just not loving hungry.

Ooooooooo, I loving hate this. Despite being chubby despite my best efforts, I still naturally eat like a bird. I just don't eat that much. I like really small meals throughout the day, not three giant meals. So when people constantly act like I'm just pretending not to be hungry, ti pisses me off. My stomach can't hold that much food, okay? I know how my body works. I will eat more if I'ms till hungry after I finish this plate. Quit trying to make me take more, because then it just sits on my plate and it's wasteful.

Also, people who get really mad if I don't like a specific food item. Yes, I know you have a total hard-on for pineapples, but I don't like them. I'm not punching your mother in the tit, I just don't wanna eat pineapple. Or whatever other food item we're discussing that I don't really have a taste for. You know how I can live without drinking coffee? I don't have a dependence on it and it tastes gross to me. Just because you need upwards of five cups a day does not mean that everyone should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

On the subject of door holders:people who hold the door when you're like, a million miles away. Now I have to do that weird jog/walk thing where I'm trying to hurry to the door as fast as I can without making it look like I am, because you don't know how to judge distance. Then you just stare at me like I'm taking forever and it's annoying you but it's your own fault you didn't have to hold the door for me I was 20 feet away you utter rear end in a top hat.

Off the subject of door holders: people who don't get the hint to GTFO. I had a friend over last night and she crashed at my place- not a big deal, except she slept in til 2 and then took another hour to get out when I asked her to leave. She just kept taking her sweet rear end time. First she had to fill up her water bottle, then she had to make sure the plastic baggie I gave her to hold the leftovers from last night had absolutely all the air out, then she had to stand there and talk abotu gardens, and the whole time I'm just trying to be polite and nodding and smiling and being like "YUP THAT'S NICE BUT I AM BUSY AND YOU NEED TO LEAVE" in the politest way I can and she just. will. not. leave.

And she's not the only one, either! I don't know if my friends are just socially retarded or if it's just the custom where I live now, but goddamn if it doesn't take them three loving hours to leave when asked. I don't want to be rude but it's starting to get to the point where I'm tempted to just throw their poo poo out the door and be like "PACK UP OUTSIDE I HAVE poo poo TO DO".

• Locked thread