Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

People who hate every song/movie/video game aside from like, 3 or 4 and won't loving shut up about them. Look dude, I like poo poo. I really like almost ever media i listen too, artistic or just silly. Stop trying to tell me to be "cultured" okay? I like artsy poo poo too, I just don't exclusively like it.

Another one, loving self proclaimed "random" people. Just shut up, you're obnoxious okay?

I love every music except rap and country! Oh and I'm totally random!!! xoxo

Looks like you, sir, have eliminated 99.9 % of your OKCupid matches. :smugbert:

E: oops not exactly what you said. But my pet peeve is still "I hate every music except rap and country." Because they are morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Then again, these are the same people who take flash photographs of tanks with NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY stickers not only on the tank, but in frame. People who speak and read perfectly good English. I can at least understand when the tourists who don't speak English don't understand the sticker, because if memory serves the pictograph is a little poorly designed.

Ugh this drives me INSANE. Why can't you follow directions!? Or if it says do not tap on the glass, they start banging on it. The worst is when they allow their kids to do it, and instead of being a good parent/person and saying "no Billy, you shouldn't disturb the animal," they swoon and aww at little Billy wreaking havoc and disturbing the poor animals. And of course, take pictures with the flash of little Billy because he's ~so cute~. Oh, and climbing on the fence to "get a better view" when it clearly says no climbing. These people also sue the zoo when they fall in and get eaten.

Similarly, people who don't have museum etiquette. I went to the art museum and half the people were YELLING. An art museum is supposed to be quiet you dumb fucks! Some rear end in a top hat even had his iPhone on full ring, and then answered it super loudly, "yeah Bob! Whats up! I'm in the museum and the reception is total poo poo!" And, people who take pictures with the flash thereby ruining the paintings. I also saw an exhibit of photographs on the wall that weren't covered with protective glass, and some rear end in a top hat had pulled one of them halfway off! It was all bent and ripped! What in the evolving gently caress is wrong with you!?

Just people who think they're above the rules because they're so special. gently caress you, I hope you get eaten by an angry tiger.

Account McAccount has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Jul 17, 2013

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Purple trillium posted:

Yesterday people on Facebook, including "I loving love science" and The New York Times, kept posting images with Neil Armstrong's moon footprint with headlines like "45 years ago today this print was left on the moon" or "man walked on the moon for the first time 45 years ago today."

My peeve is that technically the moon landing was on July 20th, but they didn't actually walk on the moon until around 3am on the 21st (which is obviously the important thing that everyone cares about). The reason it bugs me so much is because today is my birthday and I hate that the 20th gets all the thunder for the special thing that actually happened on my birthday (17 years before I was born).

Please don't start a "the moon landing never happened" derail.

Don't time zones make the hour irrelevant though?

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

People singing along poorly to songs, especially if it's off time and/or an inappropriate volume. One of my buddies drives me insane with this. A song will be playing for a while and then randomly he'll start whispering along to two lines of the song, and then stop. And it's a monotone whisper too. What the gently caress dude, just sing normally or shut up, you're ruining the loving song.

Then there was this this lady I worked with who would randomly yell out words to a song at some random and wrong part of that song. I specifically remember Kanye West's song Gold Digger. And it was the radio censored version she was "singing" where they say "broke broke" instead of "broke niggas"

Radio: "18 years 18 years She got one of your kids, got you for 18 years"
:byodame: BROKE BROKE!
Radio: "I know somebody paying child support for one of his kids"

It would be totally silent other than the radio and I'd be doing some work, and from far away I hear BROKE BROKE!, and then silence again. And I'd look to where she is and she's just calmly doing her work.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

How my mom has to bring babies into every. Single. Conversation. It could be something totally unrelated like how my car is broken and she'll say :byodame: "well if you had a BABY you would have something to do while waiting for it to be fixed!"

Some of my favorites include:

Me talking about my debilitating lady problems like how I threw up and blacked out from pain, and then woke up on the floor in a pool of vomit. And she'll say :byodame: "Well you had a BABY you wouldn't have cramps anymore!!!"

Or I was talking about my debilitating mental problems before the doctor and I found a good combination of medication and I'd get :byodame: "You shouldn't take medication. If you had a BABY you wouldn't have mental problems! All your depression would go away!"

Then I was talking about breaking up with my ex or something and she had this insightful comment: :byodame: "the way to keep a man is to have a BABY with him!" Despite my dad having left when I was small because he didn't want kids.

I volunteer at a cat shelter and she always brings up how since :byodame: "so good with animals, I would be great at taking care of a BABY." I replied that cats sleep 22 hours a day and she claimed that babies also sleep 22 hours a day so it's so easy and totally the same thing! Even if that is true, cats don't grow into annoying toddlers and then horrible teenagers so...

Recently me and my husband were fighting about something stupid and I was being dramatic saying how I hate him and he's the worst person ever, to which she replied: :byodame: "you should have a BABY with him and then dump him! He has good genes and is attractive!" Yes because having a baby with someone you hate is a great idea and won't cause you to have to deal with that person for 18+ more years.

And the whole fact that she's just being selfish because she wants grand kids and a baby to play with. Doesn't care that I hate kids, am terrible with them, that one would exacerbate -my most likely genetic- mental problems, that it would inherit these mental problems and generally have a horrible life with his resentful mother... But noooo it's always :byodame: BABY BABY BABY

Tl;dr I don't like kids and don't want them but my mom is insane

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Re: mom. She's really not that terrible, she's gone insane about BABIES once all my cousins started popping them out and she realized my peak of fertility has long passed, and my womb is becoming more barren by the day.

Still about babies though, when people literally stick their iPads in my face with baby pictures. "OMG doesn't he look just like his father?!" And showing literally every millisecond of the baby's life. Last time at a dinner someone said something along the lines of "I can't believe it! He's looking around like he's conscious and knows what's going on!!" Yes, that's what humans tend to do.

On the plus side though, I have quite a few cat photos on my phone that I can break out if needed. I'm 99% of the time very polite and will agree that Billy Jr looks like father Billy Sr., but after an hour of seeing photos of Billy Jr sleeping, I think interjecting some photos of a cat sleeping is okay. :catstare:

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

leidend posted:

People who buy a condo in an adults-only building and start popping out babies. You can't kick an owner out legally but hey maybe quit with the loving babies now. I took a hit on my re-sale value so I wouldn't have to live next to this poo poo.

Plus it's only a small two bedroom unit and the shared kids' bedroom is against our master.

Just to note I'm not referring to you, I agree with you.

People who live in condos but don't understand how to live in a condo. And, people who submit complaints about every tiny thing.:qq: I can smell their food tell them to stop :qq: their door has a chip in the paint and thus doesn't conform to the condo rules :qq: they started construction at 8:59am but it explicitly says you can only start at 9am :qq: :qq: :qq:

This is especially true with people who can't deal with noise that naturally come with living in an apartment building. I'm not talking about something like the above situation, or blaring rock music at 2am. I'm talking about this bitch who calls in noise complaints for vacuuming at 11am, watching tv at noon on a Saturday, "loud voices" at 5 pm when we're eating dinner. She's not some crotchety old lady either, it's a ~30 year old woman. I don't know what she was thinking buying a condo in the middle of a large city. She belongs in one of those closed HOA communities where neighbors bitch about someone's lawn being 1/2 an inch too tall.

I hope I'm not contradicting myself here but I hate when people smoke so much in their apartments that they stink up the hallway. Some jackass moved into the first floor near the lobby and he/she smokes SO MUCH that the lobby is like the back room at a tobacco shop. You can almost see the smoke, really. I get asthma attacks if I go there so I have to use the loving service door, and sometimes it's so bad the smell travels with the elevator to other floors. The elevator doors will open at floor 22 and this blast of tobacco smell hits you in the face. He has no excuse either, it's 80 degrees and sunny out. To top it off this jackass is ruining my property value because any potential buyer is going to come in the lobby and do an immediate 360 followed by choking and vomiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

Poop is actually my pet peeve. Why do I have to take constant breaks from my day to do something horrifically disgusting? How come it smells so bad? Why does food contain stuff that has to be expelled out of your body? Why does it have to be expelled in the least convenient form possible? Why does it get stuck in my rear end? Like 500 million years and this is the best waste management system evolution can create? And where is all the poop science? Create a pill that stops it from smelling already and better the lives of the millions of people who have to deal with other people's poop as a job!

I hate poop in that way, but I also hate people who talk about poop all the time. You're not 6, it's not funny (usually- see health care stories thread in TGD for poop hilarity). But if you say "I just had birth" or "the turtle is poking it's head!"... Ugh

& since my phone autocorrected poop to pool, people who have pools and talk about them all the time. I hate you.

• Locked thread