Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Pretty much everything other people do while driving. The thing I hate most of all though is people who MUST. loving. PASS. you at all costs, then slow down as soon as they get in front. :argh:

From working in retail, people who bitch to the cashier about prices. Yeah, it really sucks that ground beef went up in price. Why yes I was personally responsible for that decision. Maybe you should try a salad instead you fat gently caress.

People calling me buddy or pal or sport (Some old people here actually still say sport) when we don't even know each other.

When someone tells an incredibly lame, obvious, tired joke everyone has heard a million times and then stands there roaring with laughter like they just told the funniest joke in the entire world. "That item didn't scan? Well it must be free! HARAHAHAHAUGHAHGHHH"

I really hated working in retail. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Maggie Fletcher posted:

The flip side of this is when people get REALLY IMPRESSED by what you do. I get lots of "oooOOOH" and "WHOA" when I tell people I'm a lawyer. I don't tell them I'm temping for my dream firm in legal support, which can be done by an average college graduate with a quasi-legal degree and that I make under $50K a year. And then, of course, come the legal advice solicitations and questions about stuff I have no knowledge about (no, I can't fight your speeding ticket for you, and no, I don't know a lawyer who will represent your friend's cousin's son for free when he gets caught on a drug charge). These solicitations usually come from family members who ask despite having been told repeatedly that I'm not licensed in their state and don't know anything about tax law/divorce law/criminal law. Invent something, and then maybe I can help you.

On the same note, when people find out what you do for a living and then expect you to happily do it for them for free.

• Locked thread