Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Walking in the road when there is a perfectly good sidewalk two feet away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

The Droid posted:

People who snap their fingers to get people's attention. Just who the gently caress do you think you are?

I've had people do this to me at the store I work at. I just stare at them and go "What, am I your loving dog?" They then stare at me like I'm the most offensive rear end in a top hat in the world for not wanting to be snapped at.

And speaking of work, assholes who talk poo poo when walking out the door. Fine if they never come back, but they do, and they walk in like I'm just going to be all smiles. I heard what you called me and said about me you poo poo head.

soapgish posted:

How? With extraordinary ease. What I find Sisyphean is being depraved for the sake acceptance and a perceived simplicity when the adverse saves time, money, and yourself from the slop trough whenever people think of you, also sparring them a similar fate.

I could really pour piss and vinegar all over this but it all boils down to it being disgusting and as evolved a tradition as the fecal-fur apes who started it.

Futile is too simple of a word. Also, what?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

MrSmokes posted:

I work in a hotel and can't stand it when people call to ask how to get to the hotel from wherever the gently caress they're at. I dunno how people manage to find our phone number without also finding our address. It's 2013, use your smartphone or computer to get directions so I don't have to spend forever explaining and repeating poo poo over the phone because you don't listen. Bonus points if they're already on their way here and call to ask where we are. What kind of dumbass starts heading for their destination without getting directions first?

I've had people call me at work asking how to get to the store, and then ask if we buy GPS systems. Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

t_violet posted:

I too hate it when I'm forced to perform one of the most basic of job responsibilities.

It's not "What is your address," it's "How do I get to your place from where ever the gently caress I am." I don't know, never been there. And if I have been there, never had to get to work from there.

• Locked thread