Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Let's get something out the way right now. I have not read the book. And that is possibly the reason I enjoyed this movie more than a lot of other people.

Firstly, this is a pretty fast paced ride for most of the movie's duration and that is plus for me, I actually remember thinking to myself that I had not experienced tension like this in a movie for a long time. As soon as the disease takes hold things get crazy very fast and this is genuinely scary as panic and social breakdown ensues and this fast pace is maintained. The effects were very good and very realistic, seeing thousands of zombies attacking and falling over each other each with their own unique movements is quite an achievement.

Character wise it's pretty shallow, we don't really get an development of the main cast Brad Pitt gets chucked in feet first and single handedly escapes, kills and finds a cure like a machine while wifey and kids wait for him.

The final third slows down and feels a little tacked on to finish things off and the ending suffers from an anti climax purely because it is difficult to bring an end to a story like this within 2 or so hours.

All in all it's an enjoyable flick but don't look for substance.

3.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU