Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Just got into the Ki-45 Tei, which looked amazing on paper. 2x20mm cannons and a 37mm with a 2.3 BR? Sign me right up!

It took the longest time in test flight for me to figure out that the two 20mms are mounted at a 45 degree angle upwards from the top of the fuselage :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Its early etc, but so far its not good. Its as per CBT tons of Russian planes, not many tanks and they all crash / get shot down by Tigers! Its gone from being pretty balanced to being a bit of a mess.

Tried RB mode as well and its even worse there, seen a few ex WoT people who have only the reserve planes bring them out in T4 matches.

God knows why they didn't go with the Spawn Points system, as it solves most of these problems :(

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
Is it acutally a thing where tanks need better graphics hardware? I'm trying to play tanks on a PC with Intel HD4000 graphics and get ~15fps, but with planes it'll run along nicely at 45-50fps

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Mr Chips posted:

Is it acutally a thing where tanks need better graphics hardware? I'm trying to play tanks on a PC with Intel HD4000 graphics and get ~15fps, but with planes it'll run along nicely at 45-50fps

Tanks are closer to the ground and need said ground to be more detailed to suit gameplay, so yes, tanks are probably more demanding than planes. I don't think that's going to change, but I highly doubt they're finished optimizing tanks (or even planes for that matter), so performance should improve over time.

Crewmine posted:

Just got into the Ki-45 Tei, which looked amazing on paper. 2x20mm cannons and a 37mm with a 2.3 BR? Sign me right up!

It took the longest time in test flight for me to figure out that the two 20mms are mounted at a 45 degree angle upwards from the top of the fuselage :cripes:

Those 20mm guns can be useful (fun) in a turnfight. It's pretty great to have Spitfire pubbies rage about how you're able to outturn them when in reality you just shot them with your angled guns.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 12:41 on May 30, 2014

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
so, for the first combined forces game I took part in, two planes on the other team crash strafing AI tanks within the first two minutes and a third dies to AI AA guns. This is real promising. :toot:

e: watching on deathcam in a second game, IL-2 attempts rough landing for ??? reasons and gets its wing clipped by a bump in the terrain. elsewhere, our IL-4 is nose down on the runway.

yaay fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 30, 2014

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
If you guys want a lot of fun, grab the Flak trak. It is open season on pubbies, especially if you get the belt that is entirely flak shells. IL2s and IL4s doing low level strafing all day. They come in, and you just tear their wing off with 37mm of awesomeness. And the best part is, if they decide to not ignore you for once, they come in at you, level, and low, so you don't even have to lead. There is nothing like watching IL2 after IL2 crash into the ground in front of, and next to you.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Tank>Plane>Tank seems to be the best way to play, or tank tank plane. Taking a plane first just means you get wrecked by player and AI AAA.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thief posted:

I'm looking at a map of North and South America but I'm having a hard time finding Israel. :confused:

That's your problem.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

CA is open and :iia:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I feel like CA is going to be wonderful because I managed to shoot down a Junkers with my tunk's 75mm HE shell last night. I however did not get any proof of this.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
The historical event is pretty fun with a flock of goons to cover your Yak's rear.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

SquadronROE posted:

I feel like CA is going to be wonderful because I managed to shoot down a Junkers with my tunk's 75mm HE shell last night. I however did not get any proof of this.

There last 10 replays are saved by default aren't they?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
What's with the tin bucket dangling off the back of the KV-85?

Mr Chips posted:

It would be if some publords had their way. Ran into one the other day :qq:ing about giant decals ruining his immersion, and how grass should be forced on for everyone to make things "fair".

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 30, 2014

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I didn't know that. If they are, I'll find it and make a .gif.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Renaissance Robot posted:

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

Improvised spaced armour.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Mr Chips posted:

Yes. You'll note the average tank screenshot looks a lot worse than your average planes screenshot. They've already improved the FPS by leaps and bounds since CBT, so if you're struggling to run it now it may not get better any time soon :(

You should also be prepared for much lower fps when flying a plane in combined arms, because the maps generally have way more trees and just lots more ground objects to deal with in general. If you're pulling 45-50fps in normal planes, expect 15-30 in combined arms depending on your altitude.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 30, 2014

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I just figured out RB is just as good as SB, for tanks. Once everybody gets good at Minimap Thunder you might as well play RB.

Well done gaijin, make RB good by having SB be bad.

Wooper fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 30, 2014

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh man, CA owns so much. I just managed to snag a five kills against player-controlled tanks with a single 500kg bomb. :getin:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Chaika is stupidly good in CA, as if there was any doubt. Air starts with RB rules/FM and also tanks to kill is just :swoon:, if only the matches could last a little bit longer.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Well gently caress me, I'm a stupid idiot for having my USSR good tank crew and my good plane crew be the same crew, I guess.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Geisladisk posted:

Well gently caress me, I'm a stupid idiot for having my USSR good tank crew and my good plane crew be the same crew, I guess.

Just realized I'd done the same. Well, poo poo.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Another nice thing about CA is that it gives me an incentive to revisit those old planes that I haven't flown in ages, since all my tanks are still T1. Turns out the first Stuka is really, really bad, but the He-112 is way more fun than I remembered.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Put the tank on a new one, you'll have invested less and the crews don't even matter that much.

CA is pretty fun.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Another nice thing about CA is that it gives me an incentive to revisit those old planes that I haven't flown in ages, since all my tanks are still T1. Turns out the first Stuka is really, really bad, but the He-112 is way more fun than I remembered.

While the Stuka isn't great, it's the best if you just absolutely have to hit that one tank with a 500kg bomb.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

True low tier russian pros know the Chaika is a good dive bomber with its 4x100kg loadout.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
The only annoying thing about CA is the mode its on is rubbish, it would be better on that one where each team starts with a zone and they have to cap each others.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

quote:

Update 30.05.2014 (1.41.7.54) (self.Warthunder)

submitted 2 hours ago by CL-13A was a mistakeSubRyan

Several crashes fixed
A player is now properly counted as active only if his aircraft can be repaired
Resolution choice for MacOS fixed
Teamkills are now counted properly for the players in the same squad
Several changes allowing turning mixed battles on
Tank battles client optimization

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I am just getting back into this after taking a while off. World of Tanks gets more miserable as the mass of mindless windowlickers advance through the ranks to get higher tier tanks. That being said I decided to give WT another go since I like tanks and was pleasantly surprised at how good it is. The maps alone are leaps and bounds better than WOT's bullshit maps with two attack lanes. Even the look and feel of the maps is leagues above WOT. I can run WT on the movie setting and still enjoy running full speed in my PZ without a hiccup at 50 frames average. I find it more enjoyable that WOT's Super Mario Kart and I can do poo poo like this!

If other players were able to see this and there is the slightest chance I can upset someone then bonus.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 30, 2014

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Heliosicle posted:

The only annoying thing about CA is the mode its on is rubbish, it would be better on that one where each team starts with a zone and they have to cap each others.

CA has all the modes, I'm pretty sure.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'd love to see a CA Kursk, but RB mode. CA gives purpose to the ground attack loadout on fighters, and you get to save Tom Hanks from nazis with your Mustang all the time.

Sim battles is the best way to play tanks, but with Sim planes your team refuses to fly when People's Court is on.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Die to Tiger in my T-34-57, know exactly where he is, respawn as Yer-2, drop 500kg bomb on him twenty seconds after he killed me.

How do you like your no respawn now, you poo poo fascist box tank. :allears:

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Dezztroy posted:

I've only been getting conquest, which is one central point that ends the game when its capped. Just have to wait for the new maps I guess, I'm hoping they move RB over to Kursk style maps, so Berlin, Kuban, Krymsk etc, 10x10km or more.

Yak-9T and T34-57 is a great combination for CA.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Geisladisk posted:

Die to Tiger in my T-34-57, know exactly where he is, respawn as Yer-2, drop 500kg bomb on him twenty seconds after he killed me.

How do you like your no respawn now, you poo poo fascist box tank. :allears:

Quite a lot, Commie. :getin:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Dezztroy posted:

I've definitely seen 2-point, not sure about 3.

demonR6 posted:

If other players were able to see this and there is the slightest chance I can upset someone then bonus.

They can't see custom skins, but any kind of big gay label made with in-game decals is definitely going to make somebody mad. MY IMMERSION :qq:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 30, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I haven't seen 3-point since OBT dropped.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

I haven't seen 3-point since OBT dropped.

Just had a 3-point match.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Geisladisk posted:

Just had a 3-point match.

I'm glad it's back because it's the best mode :toot:

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The fun in the match is directly proportional to the number of points on the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo

I am sorry but how is the few lions repaircost gonna stop me from shooting muhlump?

Oh wait, bans...gently caress.

e: Actually I just need to fire into his direction and he freaks and crashes after a stall like a pubbie :smug:

• Locked thread