Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

Hooray, a new thread! This is so much nicer looking than my old one when I got burned out for a few months and had no idea how to fix the OP. :allears:

Edit: Closed the old one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Speaking of weird hosed up A-10 looking German planes, I so so want this plane, but there's probably no chance it'll ever be in the game considering it doesn't even have a name. http://www.luft46.com/junkers/jugap.html

Its like the A-10, YA-9, and Su-25 all ran into each other. The future tree only stops at the FW-190F8 for attacker, so it'd be nice to have something after that.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

TerminalBlue posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a guide to what different ammo types do/mean?

I get most of them, but hosed if I can figure out what Immediate Action Incendiary is supposed to do.

What I've gathered is they're rounds that make a flash on impact so its kind of like a tracer for the surface of planes. I've seen distinct impacts using the Russian .50 cals with stealth ammo, since it has IAI ammo.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

No way, I love night battles. It seems like a much more frantic brawl that way.

Edit: My game just booted me off for server maintenance and now it downloaded a rather small patch.

Edit2: The version has gone from .44.0 to .46.0.

They fixed the gunners being drunk and not pointing straight and ordnance resetting. :woop:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/48171-update-120713-131460/

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 12, 2013

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Don't forget the jets that immediately mangle you. :shepface:

It doesn't happen all that often but still, I've been in my tier 10's in the USSR with my P-63, Yak-3 as the 10s and a mix of things down to 7. MiG-9 decides my Pe-2 was a tasty treat.

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 21, 2013

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

It looks like a Mark IX, with the identical radiators. I've been neglecting my spitfires for a while, I think I'll have to play those again.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

How do we know when the test server is up? Is the F8F already on it? That is one of my most favorite propeller planes of all time :allears:

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

On the test server there were three LA-5's of varying letter additions. Right up until release Russia would have a tier 7, 8 and 9 LA-5. :shepface:

I do like that there is a new P-47 for me to tool around in but I've been neglecting the US and now I really want a F8F and I'm tier 10.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

ughhhh posted:

that page led me to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_Po-2

i need this plane. It is already sort of possible to do with the I-16 or the Chaika if your opponents turn fight with you and they stall out. ,

They used to have that plane on the tech tree and I was stuck with it when I first started and reserve planes weren't invented yet. I still own it but you cannot purchase it anymore. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as well as it did in real life and I just ended up shot a bunch.

I wonder what'd happen if you did take it into a tier 20 battle. Sabre's trying to shoot you down and crashing would be pretty hilarious. :haw:

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 16, 2013

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I think at the tier a B-17 is, there's going to be some planes with some really beefy guns down at those altitudes.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

The captain's rum is highly explosive? I've noticed this too though, the IL-2M's rockets are great at sinking ships.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I think the translation is a bit off, maybe you can select mixtures like a set that gives you more HE. not like a machine gun belt, this game called Aces High had combined arms and tanks could select no mixes of different amounts of AP and HE. :shrug:

Efb; slow posting on phone.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Yes, and it is the most satisfying thing to do with a 500 KG bomb into the side of a destroyer's bridge. :getin:

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I believe the Ho-229 is actually on the tree. I need some flying wing goodness, its why I started Germany first when I started playing. I was sure they'd add those crazy prototype planes they had any time now. :shepface:

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Why are they giving away the Po-2. I had to fly that thing last year before reserve planes were A Thing. You got something like the Chaika, Po-2 and some other plane. The thing is slow as all hell and has a top speed of about 150 kp/h in a straight dive. I know its tier 0 and all but... the Po-2 haunts me. :shepface:

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I was busy today and finally got to play my Yer-2 105 in HB. Climbing in formation with some other Yers picking targets and... the power goes out. :shepface:. I never feel like playing heavy bombers too.

Edit: v well that's good at least.

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 23, 2013

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Azran posted:

Historical with American lend-lease planes is my favourite.

Remember that the jets before the MiG-15 are kinda poo poo. Especially the Yak-15

Its a Yak-3 with a Me-262 engine stapled onto its nose. I bought the 15P... and the second one. I was so excited for jets. :negative:

Good news though, I finally got my first jet I feel good at.

I had always heard how good this plane is, but wow.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Yes please, make it co-op so a squaddie flies the Ohka while you have the bomber. :getin:
Ages ago I had suggested the same thing on Aces High 2 and a bunch of people on their forums lost their poo poo. Apparently suggesting kamikaze planes insults the honorable pilots that flew them. :japan:

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Feindfeuer posted:

Info about customization is out, take a look at warthunder.com. Looks nice, I especially like that one can set how rusted/dirty his tank looks.

That's pretty great. I want to drive a completely filthy KV-2 like it was dragged out of a swamp and came back to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

:supaburn: Its like a Werhaboo orgy with all these Tigers and names with 88 in them rolling around in RB. I just got a T-34 1942 and its miserable like that.

• Locked thread