Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So with the bomb sight, if im at an odd angle, and drop a bomb, will it fall on the direction indicator, or the crosshairs, or somewhere in between?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

TskMgr posted:

Dont drop bombs at an odd angle, but yes, the bomb target takes your planes speed/angle/pitch/etc into account.

Look sometimes you've got jerry on your tail and or he's shot off your stabilizer and you just need to get a few bombs off before you auger in...for freedom.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a cap on free xp?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Finally unlocked the first bomber, the B-24, and it seems like it has a pitiful bombload. I've had the PBY for a few levels and that seems like a better bomber. Will the B-24 get better with experience?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Where do I go to put in my wings of prey stuff?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Dominic White posted:

The Gaijin Online/Yuplay site: http://online.gaijinent.com/

I don't see any option there, what am I looking for? I am just assuming that I'm missing it...

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Rhopunzel posted:

I just watched a P-63 destroy a B-25 and then dive into its wreckage. I couldn't stop laughing.

I also saw two guys follow an A-20 into a mountain. I never knew WWII could be so funny.

Wait are you the guy who shot off my B25's stabs like an hour ago?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That was hilarious. I had like 4 teammates in chat telling me what to do

Flaps!
Pull up
Turn slow
Only rudder
Dive
Climb
Etc!

It's a small world, though.

edit: I was flying low in a B-25, Rhopunzel flew by, blew my stabs off and then figured I'd crash and he flew off to find other targets (I was the only guy left).

I managed to get combat flaps up and keep the nose up long enough to drop a full load of bombs and almost complete a turn back to home base when I finally crashed.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So with replays, is there a good way to capture video? Seems like you can't step backwards, so you have to FF to where you think the action is, pre-plan a good camera angle because it seems like switching on the fly is cumbersome and hope you capture it?

I ask because I'm pretty sure I dealt the killing blow to a PBY by aileron rolling over the top and knocking his prop off with my wingtip and surviving...but I am not sure and if it's true I'd like a gif or video of that because it was pretty boss.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Generation Internet posted:

So after several violent deaths, I went back to my high altitude base-bombing ways in my B-17. Easy money that's consistently profitible with the lower reapir costs. What I don't understand is how I can draw 4-5 fighters who will spend the entire game climbing to 9000 meters to kill me even after I stop bombing the base and my team still loses, even though they were effectively down by that many players.

It never gets old watching that, though, it's the sunk-cost fallacy in action and I smile when the game ends and they have a grand total of 87 points, 0 kills, and 0 assists

Is base bombing viable? It seems like it gives so little xp...

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I had a great one where I landed, capped, then took off, bounced once and broke my landing gear, slid (got second set of landed xp) then struggled into the air and completed the match.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

After asking us "Is this a Carrier or a Destroyer" and then attempting to land, gear down, from the front of the carrier... this is the end result Oppenheimer's attempt.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

jadebullet posted:

So just curious, what is the best way to make money in this game. I only ask because I am currently saving up for a particular plane, and just want to fast track my way up to it.

Are you against throwing real money at it?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I am so jealous...how did you swing that?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

mlmp08 posted:

I happened to be in town at the time for a wedding, and figured I'd see what was going on in St. Louis.

This was there: http://www.b17.org/

Worth it.

I got to fly a simulated combat mission on a Huey last summer which was a dream come true...but a B-17 is probably number 2 on the list.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

My favorite is when someone tries to ram me, but they blow up and die and I am either fine, or able to limp back to the airfield.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

How long until we can do...

I actually wonder if adding contrails to high level bombers might "balance" them?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I had a guy chase me in my A-20 for probably 4 full bombing runs, only stopping shooting at me when he was reloading. All he did was finally blow an engine and I landed safely in a field. I wonder how bullshit he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Flying a ton of b-17's is exactly what I want in this game so even though he looks like a douche it's still pretty awesome.

• Locked thread