Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pangalin
Aug 11, 2007

Grown men are talking.

that ostrich posted:

That being said, I'd love to hear any ideas people have come up with for keeping the game interesting. Maybe my group was just doing it wrong?

Well, if the main draw of RPGs for your group is complex character advancement, I'd go so far as to say that Gamma World is Not For You. It's pretty explicitly a game where you're not meant to get attached to your characters at all, let alone plotting out the ideal feat path for their next 20 levels.

(In the same vein, I would argue that anyone using a Skill Challenge in GW is Doing It Wrong. Solving something non-violently in Gamma World seems counter to the spirit of the thing.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread