Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Lord Frisk posted:

I'll probably start up a roll20 game of multiple one-shots to give everybody a taste of what's going on,

I would totally be up for this, I really want to play Gamma world but my regular group doesn't really care for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Paineopticon posted:

My friends and I are super casual tabletop gamers. We've dabbled mostly in world of darkness and a little bit in pathfinder, and have played gamma world 4e several times while ignoring most of the rules.

We are confused about some of the origin attacks, namely ones that do not target AC. If an ability targets a defense like Will, does the opposing character make a roll and add his Will, or is the attacking character just making a roll to beat that static value?

Example - I'm a mind coercer, I use my power that lets me damage a dude and make him swing at another dude. My attack roll total is 25, and the enemy's Will is 18. Does the attack succeed, or does the enemy get to roll a D20 and resist the attack on a 7+?

Attacking another defense works just like attacking AC. If you're attacking their Will and meet or beat that number, you hit.

• Locked thread