Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
I love Gamma World. I have only ever read about it, never been in a campaign, never made a character. As a child I did read a bunch of the 'Choose Your Own' style books set in Gamma World.

:toot: Also, I am one of the few people who have beaten "Alphaman" by Jeffrey R. Olson (although it is chock full of creativity and Gamma World, you will hate it if you hate Roguelikes). :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Bieeardo posted:

Man, I loved Alphaman. Could never beat it, even cheating shamelessly, but loved it all the same.

How far did you manage to get? Elvis? The Addams Family? The Castaways?

Don't feel bad about not beating it. It was tough as heck. Plus it combined the random deaths of Gamma World with the deaths of randomly-generated Rogue-likes.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Did anyone here play the original Gamma World? I was curious how it compared to its new iteration.

Also, this thread needed a bump.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Lord Frisk posted:

For those looking for a good breakdown of the different editions of gamma world and what they brought to the table, I encourage you to check out this blog writeup, as it takes a pretty comical look at the game through the ages. Pretty interesting stuff.

Ooo, thanks for the link.

..I'm kind of sad now. I've read more about Gamma World than I will ever play. (Not counting "Alphaman" as Gamma World, of course.)

• Locked thread