Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

I laughed when I saw the mission. Here's to hoping that Japanese Granary Fire-proving hasn't improved. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

shalcar posted:

I suddenly regret everything.
貴方の悔恨や桜花夏で凋むもう直

I join you in regret, as this is the first thing I've written in Japanese for 3 years now and is probably wrong as well as bad.

I'll throw in English ones as well, about my favourite TW game.

The laughter of Hannibal

On War-Elephants
Wood-Walled Cities, cherry blooms
So easily plucked

And carving a swathe
through barbarous towns and lands
like a blooming rose

Unassailable
My metal giants conquer
The foe autumn leaves

And I reach the prize
As snow blankets the mountains
and Rome will be taken

(also i have shogun 2 anyhow)

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Iamyourking posted:

Unfortunately, no. It's explained as making a friendly Daimyo Shogun and ruling through him; which is still a bit odd considering that to the best of my knowledge they wanted to destroy the Samurai caste and overthrow both Shogun and Emperor.
Your knowledge is flawed. :)
I don't have my primary sources on hand here but there were several Samurai in the ranks of the different Ikki and several patriarchs hobnobbed with the Samurai. In addition to this they were allied with a couple of Samurai families or rather the Samurai courted the various Buddhist sects to use in their political machinations.
They were sadly not as revolutionary as some people (myself included) had hoped; mostly they were just a continuation of the old problem of political power gathering in the hands of the temples, only with a slightly more evangelical bent than mainstream Mahayana Buddhism through their doctrine of the "Pure Land".

If you are genuinely interested in the subject I highly recommend "War and Faith: Ikko Ikki in Late Muromachi Japan" , it's one of the better books on Japanese history I've read and probably the most thorough English language examination of the Ikko Ikki. As Shalcar asked there not be much 'sperging on topics not related to the game I ain't gonna go on more about it; I'd anyway mostly just be repeating what I read in that and the books it recommended. ;)

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
If Only I could stab
Abbot with my sweet ninjas
I would die happy

This one's for you, Shalcar~

• Locked thread