Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I'm rooting for Chisato to have a long and storied career!

Yes, that's a long bet. She's probably going to die to the first granary she meets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Yukitsu posted:

Grand strategy unfortunately doesn't benefit as much from maths as tactics do, other than logistics which you can do with a block of wood and an inky horse bit.

You can, but logistics would gain ridiculously from not needing an entire room full of dudes with abacuses to handle the calculations for your 4th quarter spending projections.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

That last samurai retainer made a gloriously honorable last stand! Honorable- and futile. :unsmigghh:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Jsor posted:

We lost a battle last LP. I hope we didn't lose a ninja. Be safe, Chisato. :ohdear:

I'd rather lose a battle than lose Chisato! :ohdear: I really like Shalcar's ninja stories.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Sindai posted:

Wow, navel battles look pretty cool. I hope we get to see a larger one.

Yeah. The water and fog are pretty impressive, as are all the little mans on the ship.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

All should fear the shadowy prowess of Chisato! Truly, she is the left hand of the Hattori clan!

Also, Taketoshi is a beast.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Shalcar, I'm loving this LP and your gentle British accent. Don't give up!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

Man, I do not want to be the Ikko Ikki right now, especially with Yasunaga filled with thoughts of vengeance coming after them soon.

We have Yasunaga. We have Taketoshi. We have Chisato. What use do we have for fear?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

shalcar posted:

"You are right about that!" Yasunaga laughed. "They never put all this gore in the tapestries."
"I wonder why that is, my Lord?" questioned the bodyguard. "Perhaps it would scare children and delicate ladies."
"I'm sure the tapestry makers are just bad at weaving gore" replied Yasunaga. "Off with you, before the men talk about you being my mother!"

I particularly liked this exchange. Quite droll. :golfclap:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

That was, indeed, a roflstomp. You've doubled the size of your navy and annihilated an army in a turn.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Sydin posted:

I love that line in the most recent update from Taketoshi's speech. "Although I know I am not considered a warrior..." Uh, who exactly is that, Taketoshi? Because you're Rank 8 and a murder machine. :allears:

I think he's just being grossly underspoken. "Me? A soldier? Goodness no, I'm just a good Hattori boy that likes to write a bit. I don't know anything about this war business, but given that we have a two-to-one advantage and they don't have a single Hattori soldier on their side, I think we can safely say that all this unpleasantness will be over with in time for tea. So, helmets on lads, let's go stab them before they stab us!" Exunt stage left, slaying a dozen Chokosabe soldiers as he goes

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

That was inspiring. Good work!

I am looking forward to the twin missions of Tamashige and Nakasada. Two men could not be more different, but they both serve the Hattori.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

The Sandman posted:

So in this situation, would it be worth it to kick off Realm Divide by attacking Kyoto? It does seem like the natural first target either way.

It would, if nothing else, actually make Realm Divide make some sort of narrative sense for once.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Agent Interrobang posted:

Who needs extra agents when you have Chisato? Foe of swordsmen, bane of generals, slayer of granaries! :black101:

Even Chisato the Killing Wind can't be everywhere! Yet.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

my dad posted:

Basically, when you do commit such troops, you are "res ad triarios venit" anyway. :v:

That's Latin for 'totally hosed', isn't it? :v:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Zebrin posted:

How many ships in that fleet are captured now? Does your admiral just bring extra flags with him assuming that every little trip out will result in him getting a few more ships for the clan? By this point he should.

The Hattori Admiral is such a goddamn man he just stared at the enemy flags, and they turned black out of respect. :911:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I had forgotten entirely that ninjas had grenades, so when the volley of grenades went out I giggled like a schoolchild. A most valorious victory, Shalcar. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

I always wonder what possible expenditures agents make when tasked to do something simple like oratory or setting a building on fire, to cost a hundred koku?

Ninja don't work for free, yo. Ninja got to gets paid, son. :whatup:

• Locked thread