Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LokAmir
Oct 9, 2012
I have been looking forward to seeing this thread! Thanks for posting a link in the previous thread, helped me get here.

Good luck to you Shalcar! I enjoyed your previous LP, and I look forward to enjoying this one too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LokAmir
Oct 9, 2012

shalcar posted:

For those of you who followed my rather tumultuous last several months, you will be pleased to know that I have secured a job which is both a step up in responsibility and remuneration.

This is great to hear! Best off luck in your new job!

shalcar posted:

The downside to this is that I am going to be even busier than ever before. I'll do my best to have minimal LP impact, although I will now be aiming for an update around every week and a half until I can bring myself up to speed on the new job.

Quality won't slip and I will continue to deliver lovingly handcrafted Shogun 2 LP's! Thanks for everyone's understanding over the next few weeks/months. I'm aiming for the next update to be out by Wednesday, where we are starting with a bang!

Looking forward to seeing how the first year go for our ninja friends. As for time, I say, use as much as you need. It was the quality of your Rise LP that made me like it so much!

LokAmir
Oct 9, 2012
^^
Same here. It didn't go very well.

Oh and drat Shalcar, getting that retainer in this LP aswell? Are you sure its not the same one, and that Nakamitsu made sure to take care of it for later generations? :D

I have to admit that I didn't know just how insane 'Stand and Fight' is, but from what your saying maybe I should take a look. I usally prefer to take things that (I feel) is logical for that person, or if I can't decide something that boosts ranged firepower.

Good to hear my thoughts about 'Living Treasure' being terrible confirmed. There is one thing I would like to know though. You said 'Gomuyumi' was one of the top 3 retainers: what are the other two?

LokAmir
Oct 9, 2012
I think I asked in the Rise thread, but in Fall when your generals get enough stars they start giving extra bonuses that are not listed on the commission for a one star general. What about Vanila? I don't think I have seen that happen, but I haven't played much in a long time, and back then I usally stuck with my Daimyo and heir. Also, what about rise?

LokAmir fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 12, 2013

LokAmir
Oct 9, 2012
Actually, if you feel that the Nanban Port is making more trouble then it is worth you can just tear that down aswell. Sure you have to rebuild the port back up from Fishing Village (or whatever the lowest form is called) to where you want it, but I find that a small price to pay for not having to think about countering it all the time to prevent rebels.

LokAmir
Oct 9, 2012

shalcar posted:

Some of the maps in single contain lookout towers which can be captured and act like arrow towers if enemies are in range.

What?! Has that been there all along? I will admit that I mostly auto-resolve the fights I get in Shogun 2 due to the "Go make yourself a cup of Tea, becouse this is going to take awhile" loading screens between the battle map and the campaign map, but I still have over 250 hours logged on Steam. And nearly all of that has been spent on the 3 campaigns, yet I can not remember ever seeing a capture-able building outside of the siege maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LokAmir
Oct 9, 2012

shalcar posted:

"Congratulations on your promotion, Capatin" stated the fleet admiral, saluting. "Your Bune will be a welcome addition for the battles ahead."

I belive this is meant to say Captain. Great to see a new update though, been looking forward to it.

• Locked thread