Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...

Redcrimson posted:

Lathan Crowe - Extremely satirical, well-edited.

Heh, this is pretty good. Watching Madoka Magica on VHS while sipping Vimto does seem the optimum way of experiencing it.

I'm re-watching PMMM (for the 4th or 5th time) and it's made me think about my initial reactions to and impressions of the show. All I knew going in was that it's a magical girl series (duh) and that Kyubey is an evil abomination who I would come to despise. I remember being very suspicious of Mami - she seemed too nice and perfect, I was dead certain it was all a ruse to trick Madoka and Sayaka. I knew there was no way Homura wasn't going to be good in the end.

Once Homura's powers became known, I subscribed to the theory that Homura was Madoka's mom. :v: Looking back, I'm not sure how I justified it, as there's no way it could make any sense. Probably because they both have purple eyes, so they must be the same person, right?

I loved the ending and still love it, though my opinion on how happy an ending it is has changed. Also, I didn't come to hate Kyubey, even if bunny-cat is a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Bunnycat is still a dick.

Not as much in the new world, though. I wonder if SF Debris will review the movie? That would be neat.

The movie will arrive in the US more than a month after it begins airing in Japan. There's no way I'll be able to avoid spoilers for that long. I have no self control.

Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...

Super Jay Mann posted:

I haven't really explored any of the supplementary materials, is Oriko (and perhaps something else) worth looking at?

If you're interested in looking into other Madoka Magica media, you should definitely read The Different Story. Its quality is about on par with the original series, and it gives much needed depth to Mami (and Kyoko, to a lesser extent).

Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...

HellCopter posted:

Hm, same sentiments here. I feel like the ending to the series was enough, and that this is almost...unnecessary?

This is how I feel. I guess it's not an objectively bad movie or anything, but...the original ending is drat near perfect. It's one of my favorite endings of all time. It would have been tough for the movie to surpass it and unsurprisingly, it didn't.

Though the movie wasn't really a proper ending at all. It looks like they're prepping to milk this cash cow for all it's worth.

Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...
Man, I wish I had gotten a card. Any card. The theater didn't have them at my showing. The Godoka card looks so nice...

• Locked thread