Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Heya I just started playing and my is that graveyard getting full.

So a quick question about overworld layout. Is the academy and two dungeons stuck in a corner seperated from most of the dungeons and towns by a huge impassable mountain desert range that I've to detour around usual? It seems pretty inconvenient. Is there anything I should watch out for if I regenerate the overworld?

And as for characters, I'm getting a little better and trying not to multiclass too soon. Most of my melee mans are still dying in dungeons 2 or on the road to bleeding arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah this is way way better. The old map was just ridiculous compared to this.

Is there any way to drop loot for future dungeonmans at the academy?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Help how do I defeat my worst enemy, hubris?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is there a sprite repository anywhere? The initial sprite selection is a bit limited!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oops I started up making a sprite then got sucked into making a more efficient sprite template instead.

All you need to do is edit the smart object by double clicking on any of the layers to open it up, make your changes , like for example add a giant green beard, save it...

And it's automatically applied to all the various sprite states.

Handy. Might tweak it a bit more before pushing it out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, provided you have Photoshop :v:

edit: Having fun with the Psychomanser, but I managed to break stuff a few times. Doing a leap in the room below a boss triggered the boss fight way early.

The second thing was doing the pushy shout thing in the overworld which crashed the whole game.

Is there any way to reload sprites from inside the game?

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 22, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Seems to be working well after tweaking a whole fuckload of errors.

Still wish I knew how to reload sprites without reloading the game tho

:cry:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 23, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is anyone besides me going to post?

Also enjoy sprites. :v:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7FVrpffUN40bl9pamxWM3B6a28

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is the easy part. The stupid part is writing out all the text files grumble. also skipped half of these because they were like overwide.

http://imgur.com/a/UOuFM whole album

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 26, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its a template file I've set up in photoshop. I think its about ready to go since Ive thrown a lot of different things at it. I'll give it one last check and release it when Im back from work

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay as promised here's the photoshop template file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7FVrpffUN40MV9FV2xaZC1wQ3M

All you have to do is put a cleaned up sprite inside the smart object (main template view on left, smart object on right) then save the smart object. The main template file will update and you can save for web to get a usable file! There's size guides in the smart object which refers to a standard build player standing straight up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah I hosed up and forgot the important thing about making sprites, making sure they're all facing left so the game uses them correctly. Not to worry a photoshop action can fix that.

Also in the meantime I wrote a hero definition generator though, generating all the .hero files near automatically.

Extract this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7FVrpffUN40LXAybVhULVNzVEU in your modcontent directory which should be C:\Users\(YOURNAMEHERE)\AppData\Roaming\Dungeonmans\modcontent

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sure go ahead

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is there any way to scroll the combat log?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My best wizardmans came back as a ghost.

Teaching Light Armor. :negative:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

From Level 10 you can retire to a life of whatever you want and possibly preserve your skills for future dungeonmans at the academy.

Stick with one armor set.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So far no, seems they pick a skill they have rank 3 in to teach.

My lady wizardmans ultramage is teaching light armor. :negative:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's a ghost! She returned from the grave to teach it!

Do level 10 dungeonmans always come back as a teaching ghost?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

For free and you get them all at once.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah if you're killed, your gear is out there instead of getting stuffed in a vault or melted down. Also being dead.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My first ghost teaches Telekinesis, insanely useful to have a swarm of blades that cause bleeding and exploding towers of armr.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I generated another fuckload of sprites, this time from Elminage. Genders assigned at random. :v:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7FVrpffUN40RlJKaHRraDJOQ0E

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 9, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've been bemoaning the lack of starshards to cosmically upgrade my gear. Then I wondered, will a challenge scroll upgrade regular champions too, to the point where they'll drop these?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Both skills got tweaked recently!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP thy dungeonmans

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Last dungeonman loss: Cat stepped on my computer's power cable, popping the plug off the wall.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Redistribution of Health description is lying about it being perfectly safe to use on undead! :cry:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus warlords are definitely not trivial, even if the tower is.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was wondering where all those places I was hearing rumors of were.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'll get a few more street fighter sprites done for my psychomans addiction then I'll start drawing my own sprites again. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats for a discoverable bunch of skill trees. There's three I think? You get them from being very learned, maxing out certain combinations of skill trees.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does the pre-baconized pig not restock? I bought it once several dungeonmans ago and the guy hasnt restocked. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hm, alright.

Also I really wish you could alt, shift, ctrl to reach the other hotkeys. :v: I'm lazy!

edit: Ugh that didnt work, he's just become a generic store after I bought him out.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 27, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MOTHERFUCKING NURPH BAT NERFED MY FIST WHAT THE HELL

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay.

I really shouldnt use Redistribution of health around purple skeletons.
:negative:

And I'd completed 3 of the 4 corners of the crystal spire.
:cry:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Champion Nurph Bat.

why.

WHY.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also, fun side effect of the Gross! status that I got from an armor that's apparently made of faces is that the ragegolem summoning bandit wizards occasionally fall in love with me and follow me around. :gonk:

I've got a good handle on most of the skill trees, but the last tree in Southern Gentlemans completely baffles me. The first two are easy to use but the tantrum and irk draining status kind of makes it difficult? What exactly is the best way to use it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey my deathpulses get wiped out every time I resume a game. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ancient Kings are to Champions as Champions are to regular monsters. They drop shards which are used for a special upgrade.

Super Awesome Monster Party has a fuckton of monsters in an arena area and one or two champions, but with 3 large chests at the end. Hall of Champions is the other version of this thing which has 4 champions and an ancient king all ready to pound you to mush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dire Lemming posted:

I just got this a few days ago and it's definitely one of my favourite roguelikes. I played it when it was really early in development and I remember not liking it but it's really fun now.

I just lost a man to a level 15 champion I found in a secret room in a level 8 dungeon, which I was a little salty about. Then I started a new character and found that yes, you can have more than one ghost professor, and yes professors can teach master's programs like King of Battle :getin:

Live professors are way more rare in my academy. I think 80% of the teaching staff are ghosts.

• Locked thread