Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Here's a Keeper League.

Here's a shitload of rules:

Yahoo Settings posted:

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: No trade deadline
Allow Draft Pick Trades: Yes
Trade Review: Commissioner
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers Game Time - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Invite Sharing Tools: Enabled
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams)
Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 17 to Dec 23
Playoff Reseeding: Yes
Divisions: Yes (3 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
League Pickem: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, D, DB, DB, DB, DL, LB, LB, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes
Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes

Offense
Completions: .1
Incomplete Passes: -.125
Passing Yards: 50 yards per point; 3.5 points at 325 yards; 8.5 points at 400 yards; 8.5 points at 475 yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns: 4
Interceptions: -3
Rushing Attempts: -.07
Rushing Yards: 15 yards per point; 5.08 points at 100 yards; 7.07 points at 150 yards; 7.85 points at 200 yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns: 6
Receptions: .40
Reception Yards: 20 yards per point; 2.5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 150 yards; 7.5 points at 200 yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns: 6
Return Yards: 40 yards per point; 1.25 points at 150 yards; 3.75 points at 200 yards; 8.75 points at 250 yards
Return Touchdowns: 6
2-Point Conversions: 2
Fumbles: -1
Fumbles Lost: -1
Offensive Fumble Return TD: 6
Pick Sixes Thrown: -3
40+ Yard Completions: 2.5
40+ Yard Rushing Attempts: 3
40+ Yard Receptions: 2.5

Kickers
Field Goals 0-19 Yards: 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards: 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards: 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards: 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards: 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards: -3
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards: -3
Point After Attempt Made: 1
Point After Attempt Missed: -5

Defensive Players
Tackle Solo: .85
Tackle Assist: .425
Sack: 2.5
Interception: 3.5
Fumble Force: 3
Fumble Recovery :3
Defensive Touchdown :6
Safety: 4
Pass Defended: 1
Block Kick : 3
Tackles for Loss: .65
Turnover Return Yards: 20 yards per point

Crazy Keeper Stuff posted:

GENERAL RULES:
A. There are 5 keeper slots every year: 2 offensive players, 2 defensive players, and 1 player of choice either offense or defense.
B. The teams in the League Championship will each receive an extra choice keeper.
C. If a player is claimed as kept, there will be a 1 round added to his draft position in the next year's draft
D. In order to keep a player who was drafted in the 1st round, the keeping team must add TWO rounds to the two lowest valued keepers on the roster. For two 1st round players, two rounds must be added to every other keeper on the roster (not including Project Keepers). For three 1st round players, THREE rounds must be added to the other keepers AND the team in question will be ineligible to select a Project Keeper that season.
E. In order for a Free Agent acquisition to be claimed as kept, he must be on the team's roster for at least three consecutive regular season weeks (ie. added before the beginning of Regular Season Week 11) and for the duration of the playoffs.
F. If a Free Agent pick is being kept, a 16th round pick must be given up (and a pick from subsequent rounds for each additional FA player kept).
G. Keeper players can NOT be cut. Otherwise, there is no Can't Cut list.
H. If a keeper player goes on IR, he may be cut but the right to claim him for the next season will be forfeited (unless the criteria is met from Rule E).
I. If a player is drafted in the first 5 rounds, then subsequently cut and acquired by a new team and the new team wishes to keep said player, he will retain his original draft slot instead of being given a Free Agent draft slot.
;J. Any trade involving keeper players is subject to Commissioner Veto if it is deemed that one or more of the keeper(s) in question are being traded purely in an act of disposal. Any owners that have a trade vetoed are entitled to an appeal.

PROJECT KEEPER RULES:
A. A Project Keeper is a player, either offense or defense, that is picked in the last 5 rounds. Project Keepers are not required.
B. In his first kept season (the season following his original draft selection) a project keeper will NOT count against the team's original 5 keepers, or 6 keepers for Championship Game participants.
C. If a Project Keeper is chosen, he will retain his original round value in the next year’s draft.
D. If a Project Keeper is kept a second time, he will be defaulted to the round following the team's final kept player (ie. If kept players cause a team to lose picks in rounds 2, 4, 10, and 15, the project keeper will be defaulted to round 16)
E. If a Project Keeper is kept for two or more seasons, he will then count against the team's original 5 keepers, or 6 for Championship Game participants.
F. If a Project Keeper for a 3rd season, his round value will be based upon his round value from the previous season, not the round following the team's final keeper. (ie. In the previous scenario, the Project Keeper defaulted to round 16 after the second year, would then be taken in round 15)
G. If an original keeper is supposed to be in the same round as a Project Keeper (ie. PK drafted in round 22, keeper drafted in round 23 and supposed to move up to round 22), the original keeper will be slotted into the round AHEAD of the Project Keeper (in the stated scenario, the player from round 23 would then be selected in round 21)

DRAFT ORDER RULES:
A. Team owners will choose their own draft slot based on the previous season's final standings.
B. The order of draft slot selection will operate as follows: There will be a Lottery Bracket playoff for choices 1-6 and choices 7-12 will be decided based on playoff performance.

The choice order will be:
1. Lottery Bracket Champion
2. Lottery Bracket Runner-up
3. Lottery Bracket 3rd place game winner
4. Lottery Bracket 3rd place game loser
5. Lottery Bracket 5th place game winner
6. Lottery Bracket 5th place game loser
7. Playoff 3rd place game winner
8. Playoff 5th place game winner
9. Playoff 5th place game loser
10. Playoff 3rd place game loser
11. League runner-up
12. League Champion

LOTTERY BRACKET RULES:
A. The Lottery Bracket will be scheduled and calculated manually by the commissioner.
B. The seeds will be as follows:
12 - BYE
11 - BYE
10 vs. 7
9 vs. 8

and will re-seed after each round.
C. Whatever line-up you have set by 1PM on Sunday (or by game-time for any Thursday/Saturday games), will be the one used, so be sure to set your lineups.

SCHEDULE RULES
A. Teams will be placed into three divisions according to the final standings, in such a manner:
Division A: 1, 6, 7, 12
Division B: 2, 5, 8, 11
Division C: 3, 4, 9, 10

1 denotes League Champion, 2 denotes League runner-up, 3-12 will be ranked by regular season record.

B. Each team will play a 13 game schedule (5 games within division, 8 games outside division) where they will play every team once during Weeks 1-11. Weeks 12 and 13 will be based upon the previous year's standings as such:

Week 12: 1v7, 2v8, 3v9, 4v10, 5v11, 6v12
Week 13: 1v12, 2v11, 3v10, 4v9, 5v8, 6v7

C. The division winners will receive the top three seeds, with the top two seeds receiving first-round byes.

Now, this is a hyper-competitive, crazy-pants league, so this is not for the faint of heart.

:siren: Don't even bother posting anything along the lines of "I'd like in if there's room!" unless you've read everything here and can comprehend all of it. I do not tolerate dead-beat owners.
:siren:

Now that the nastiness is out of the way, let's get this started.

Here's the input I need from all of the would-be managers:

1. What should we call our championship game? As there has been an influx of rear end in a top hat TEs over the last decade or so, I'd really like to pay homage to the oft-forgotten OG of the genre and play for: The Chmura Cup. Any other suggestions, please post.
2. Division names. There's three of them, get creative.

That's pretty much it.

e: We're scrapping the buy-in, so don't worry about that.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Simpson Division
EZ Sunday Morning - Jbz
zeroordie - zeroordie
The Confused Anubis - Anubis
Stafford Infection - Ice Phoenix

Carruth Division
Boywunda's Team - Boywunda
Diqnol's Destroyers - Diqnol
Tom's Terrific Team - Zypher
Team Azhais - Azhais

Hernandez Division
HUT HUT HUT HUT HIKE - seventeen
Too Legit To Britt - ffoecaf
Nybble And Bits - Nybble
I've Got Rob Woods - Obama Yo Mama

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 18, 2013

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
gently caress it, I'm in. :stare:

Division name suggestion: Spergs, Bronies, Furries

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 9, 2013

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Division names:

1. Couch, Russell, Leaf
2: Hernandez, Stevens, Winslow (keeping with TE theme)
3. Gruden, Theismann, Kornheiser

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I feel like I'd need a calculator to do well, given the (slight) punishment for running backs. Also, if your QB throws less then 55%, you start to lose points. Huh.

I'm interested just so I can tease out all the crazy scoring rules and their impact. (Also, 110 posts.)

Division Names: Peyton, Eli, and Cooper

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, I forgot to mention that if anyone has any questions re: scoring, to ask and I can answer them. I've been perfecting this scoring system for 4 years, so there is a method behind the madness.

RB rushing penalty:
-15 yards per point = .07 points per yard.
- -.07 per attempt makes rush of 1 yard a neutral play
- Additional 1.75 points added to 100-yard bonus. Therefore, a 4.0 YPC (25 carries) will result in the original 10 points (6.67 for yardage; 3.33 for bonus) , any YPC over 4.0 will increase the point total for yardage.

Completions/Incompletions:
- Adds scoring weight to completion percentage
- Weighted by attempts. 75% completion on 40 attempts is worth more than doing so on 20 attempts.
- Diminishing returns below 55%, because, c'mon, this is the NFL

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In on dis. I'll post suggestions later.

e: I don't have 100 posts in the thread because I use my spare time to catch up on it and then scour the internet to compare players in many very important categories such as douchebag factor, dragon unleashing prowess, hotness of girlfriend, hotness of girl who is probably not his girlfriend but don't tell her that, and size of dick according to TheDirt.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 9, 2013

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

B4TBG and Dirt Worshipper are out, so you two are in. I'll PM you signup info tomorrow when I get home.

Also, Hilario Baldness is the one who has extensive knowledge of Donald Driver's cock, but that's neither here nor there. Maybe if he comes in to sign up for a reserve spot.

New division names idea: Driver, Terrell, Leinart

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Fragile RBS as division names?

McFadden, Matthews, Charles (kidding)

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'm in. I might as well completely embrace fantasy football madness this year.

I'd be down for a $20 buy in.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Okay, Nybble and IcePhoenix, I PMed you the signup info. Zypher and LmaoTheKid, if you check the first PM I sent you, it should have the link at the bottom.

Are we doing a buy-in? I'd like to, $20 seems fair, but I'd like to leave the up to consensus.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

gently caress it, what's another $20....

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Signed up. $20 sounds good to me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't like to pay money for these things so if you guys want to replace me that's fine v:shobon:v

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
We still gonna try to get this going/get more people? League is pretty thin at the moment.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, I'm at the point where I'm assuming that the invitees aren't accepting, so I'm going to start pulling people in on my own, I just haven't gotten a chance to yet because I've been busy at work. This is happening for sure.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Is there officially a buy-in? I don't post a bunch but I'd be interested. Can't really afford another buy-in though.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'll probably end up dropping the buy-in just for ease of filling this up

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I'll probably end up dropping the buy-in just for ease of filling this up

quote:

2 days 04:44:56 left until your draft

Might want to move the draft out a bit!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Azhais posted:

Might want to move the draft out a bit!

Moved: Tue. 9/3 @ 10 EST

latest draft ever. I'm going to start working on filling this up with the last 6 teams.

Also, I am going to drop the buy-in just for sake of ease. Sorry if anyone was really looking forward to that. I'm hoping these league should be competitive enough that a buy-in really won't be vital.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 24, 2013

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Moved: Tue. 9/3 @ 10 EST

welp

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I can make it a different day, I just moved it as far back as possible. I also wanted to make it later to accommodate any PST people. I can change it again if need be once we fill up.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

OYM, I don't have 100 posts in any thread here, but you might notice I'm a busybody fantasy owner. Azhais can confirm I'm in a league at least somewhat similar to this. I'd like to play.

To answer these:

1. Buy-in? Yes? No? How much?

I'd be down for either way but if there is a buyin, I'd prefer it was a smaller one.

3. Division names. There's three of them, get creative.

Tim Tebow, Al Davis, Jay Cutler - Sort of a Good, Evil, Give-no-fucks theme.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I don't really care much about the post limit, I just want to keep deadbeats out. If you think this sounds like something you'd like and can commit to, you're more than welcome to join. Give me an email so I can invite you.

As far as buy-ins go, we're going to scrap that I think

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I can make it a different day, I just moved it as far back as possible. I also wanted to make it later to accommodate any PST people. I can change it again if need be once we fill up.

I have to get up for work at 7:30-ish am M-F so if it's on a weeknight and that late I'm basically screwed no matter what day you put it on.

Extra screwed on Tuesdays and Thursdays because of school though.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Id really like in on this. It sounds amazing

E: this league is the perfect companion to the 20 team league

seventeen fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 25, 2013

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Post/PM me an email I can send you an invite

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I have to get up for work at 7:30-ish am M-F so if it's on a weeknight and that late I'm basically screwed no matter what day you put it on.

Extra screwed on Tuesdays and Thursdays because of school though.

I'm kinda in the same boat, hopefully I can fill the last 4 teams in the next few days and we can try to work out an optimal draft time

e: actually, according to my list, we should only need two more teams, but we've only got 6 registered. I know 5 of them are Azhais, Anubis, Boywunda, IcePhoenix and myself. I think the 6th is Nybble but I really don't know. Zypher and LmaoTheKid said they were both in as well, but two of these 3 guys haven't signed up yet

e2: I'm also definitely dropping the buy-in, so zeroordie, if you still want in you can grab one of the last spots

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 25, 2013

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
This sounds awesome, I'd like an invite.

ffoecaf at gmail dot com

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Post/PM me an email I can send you an invite

captaintjobrien at gmail dot com

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Invites send to ffoecaf, seventeen, and Diqnol

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Alright, we're down to one spot left, two if LmaoTheKid doesn't come back, so we're almost ready to go.

I know IcePhoenix and myself aren't too good with the new draft time, is there a time that works for everyone? If we can get a consensus soon, I can switch the day.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Not Monday night

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have drafts on Sunday and Monday night right now and would rather not do two at once.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
My current upcoming drafts:

Fri Aug 30 7:00pm CDT
Mon Sep 2 1:30pm CDT
Sun Sep 1 6:30pm CDT

Avoid anything within a couple hours of those times and I'll be fine.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Current drafts remaining

Aug 29th @ 7:00PM CST
Sept 1 @ 1:00PM CST

Prefer NOT Saturday the 31st (bad enough I have one on Sunday afternoon - family does not like this)

Current Tuesday Sept 3 time works for me. As most late night evenings do.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Ok, I'm in.

Pretty much can draft whenever. Current draft time works great for me. Busy at work until 9pm ET tuesday night, so 10pm ET works perfectly for me.

zeroordie fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 27, 2013

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'll send you an invite when I get home tonight or tomorrow after work.

LTK is out, but with this now we still only need one more. We should be good to go soon.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Wed the 28, and the 2nd/3rd of September are bad for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Shot you a PM OP. I don't know if there's a way to check if someone has PMs so letting you know here. :shobon:

• Locked thread