Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
If you can send them a PM, they have PMs. People without plat don't have the button available to send.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Yeah, I got it, will send an invite when I get home from work

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
I'm fine with any draft day. I have one at some point this Thursday but I don't mind running two at once

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Comin' down to the wire, we have a draft slot yet? Need to schedule another draft this weekend too and don't want to block this one.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Is there anyone west coast I need to worry about? Because I'd really like to have the draft around 7 or 8 instead.

Seems like Tuesday or Wednesday will probably be best case scenario if we can make it a little earlier in the evening

e: it actually looks like Wednesday around 7-8 would probably be perfect, any objections?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 31, 2013

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm ok with that

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'm on the west coast. Are those east coast times? 8 would be better.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Yeah Id have to leave work early if its 7 Eastern. 8 would be better

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Im fine with 7 or 8

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

New draft time: Wed. 9/4 8:15 PM EST

Objections, speak now or forever hold your peace

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
No objections here. As long as I'm being needy, when will draft order be set (or is it)?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sounds good

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

See you then.

e: Yeah, for year one, do we do a lotto for all 12 people? Because that would be awesome.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

YES.

My plans completely changed for next week and it was going to be hard to make the Tuesday draft. Wednesday is much better.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Azhais posted:

No objections here. As long as I'm being needy, when will draft order be set (or is it)?

I need to edit the schedule and the divisions, that'll be done Sunday night. As far as draft order goes, I'm thinking I might just let fate decide because gently caress yeah that's why :getin:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

HERE'S A RULE I JUST MADE UP (because this league is based off a league I already run and we decided on it and it's awesome.)

MR. IRRELEVANT RULE: If you have the last OVERALL pick in the draft, you may keep that player, in the same round in the next year's draft, without him counting against your original keepers or project keeper, but in the next's year's draft, you will be given the last pick of the 24th round, and the first pick of the 25th. (ie. must move to the end of the round before "Mr. Irrelevant keeper" and pick last; cant' have "Mr. Irrelevant" pick two years in a row.)

e: See y'all muhfuckas on Wednesday :smugdog:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 1, 2013

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

New draft time: Wed. 9/4 8:15 PM EST

Objections, speak now or forever hold your peace

I'll have to miss it :-( I'm on an 8-ball pool league and that's our first match of the season. 2 guys already can't make it, so I can't even skip it.
If you can find another manager to replace me, that would be better. I hate auto drafting.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Boywunda posted:

I'll have to miss it :-( I'm on an 8-ball pool league and that's our first match of the season. 2 guys already can't make it, so I can't even skip it.
If you can find another manager to replace me, that would be better. I hate auto drafting.

Do you not have a proxy you trust to send in your place? I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable goons not in this league would step up if need be. If you want to send a co-owner invite to orefice.anthony@gmail I will gladly pull double duty if you'd like.

tl;dr: don't leave i must beat you finally :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I named and randomized the divisions. I also fixed the schedule so that the last two weeks are all the divisional re-matches.

And I'm also totally re-naming the league The Chmura Cup, because it's still the funniest idea I've had and I'm a sucker for alliteration. If anyone comes up with something better, we can always switch.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Do you not have a proxy you trust to send in your place? I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable goons not in this league would step up if need be. If you want to send a co-owner invite to orefice.anthony@gmail I will gladly pull double duty if you'd like.

tl;dr: don't leave i must beat you finally :(

I spent quite a bit of time this morning editing pre-draft rankings. For the most part I don't always hate the yahoo auto-draft, except for the IDP. Around the 100 mark, I started adding specific IDP players to my pre-draft rankings (along with a bunch of excludes). Not sure when Yahoo will decide to start drafting them. But since this is just a free league, I actually don't mind deaing with what I get.

Having said that, I'll see if I can find a trusting individual to proxy for me. And if you don't mind doing double duty, I'm OK with that as well. As long as everyone in the league doesn't think there is some sort of collusion going on. I've had very similar opinions on draft strategies as you, so I would actually trust you to it. If I can't find anyone by 6:30 CST (when I have to leave), I'll send over co-commish duties, and I'll email you a short list of rankings as well.

What would be hilarious is if you did draft for me and yet I STILL beat you.....

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

Boywunda posted:

I spent quite a bit of time this morning editing pre-draft rankings. For the most part I don't always hate the yahoo auto-draft, except for the IDP. Around the 100 mark, I started adding specific IDP players to my pre-draft rankings (along with a bunch of excludes). Not sure when Yahoo will decide to start drafting them. But since this is just a free league, I actually don't mind deaing with what I get.

Having said that, I'll see if I can find a trusting individual to proxy for me. And if you don't mind doing double duty, I'm OK with that as well. As long as everyone in the league doesn't think there is some sort of collusion going on. I've had very similar opinions on draft strategies as you, so I would actually trust you to it. If I can't find anyone by 6:30 CST (when I have to leave), I'll send over co-commish duties, and I'll email you a short list of rankings as well.

What would be hilarious is if you did draft for me and yet I STILL beat you.....

you poor sorry son of a bitch...

Anyway, my team looks good except for WRs where I got totally hosed. I'll be looking around for trade partners. Good draft, everyone who didn't try and auto draft... the rest of you, have fun on the waiver wires.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
I'm pretty happy with mine. Waited too long on LB, and Eli when I took him is the only complaint. Didn't realize the IR slot is real IR only and not O/IR like ESPN. Oh well, stashing Harvin's still worth it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i want harvin :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i've also decided that i'm re-re-naming the divisions after famous football murderers. Simpson, Hernandez, and Carruth unless anyone's got any better

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 5, 2013

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Obama Yo Mama posted:

i've also decided that i'm re-re-naming the divisions after famous football murderers. Simpson, Hernandez, and Carruth unless anyone's got any better

Goodell

Alex Smith is going to destroy you all

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If I can trade one/two of my bench WRs for an RB better than Pierce, I think I'm in business

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

Obama Yo Mama posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rozier Not exactly a big name player but I think he has the NFL record for kills.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

OMG that was brutal. 4 QBs!! WTF. Ugh, this is going to be a long season.....

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yahoo gave me an A :smug:

This means I'll be bottom of the barrel.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Who's EZ Sunday? Cuz, uh, apparently you're gonna steamroll us all

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Zypher posted:

Who's EZ Sunday? Cuz, uh, apparently you're gonna steamroll us all

I don't need charts to tell me that, you're all easy like sunday morning. :getin:

Fun draft, can't wait to tear you each open and make a home in your body cavities.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
:respek: to HUT HUT HUT HUT HIKE for early morning defensive change ups.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Nybble posted:

:respek: to HUT HUT HUT HUT HIKE for early morning defensive change ups.

Defensive autodraft was not kind to me though that's what I deserve for sleeping through most of the draft :doh:

Looking to swap starter WR for starter RB. If anyone is interested in Dez or Amendola give HUT HUT HUT HUT HIKE a call

E: Decker or Jones, too

seventeen fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Sep 5, 2013

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

seventeen posted:

Defensive autodraft was not kind to me though that's what I deserve for sleeping through most of the draft :doh:

Looking to swap starter WR for starter RB. If anyone is interested in Dez or Amendola give HUT HUT HUT HUT HIKE a call

E: Decker or Jones, too

Sent you something for Decker, it's as close to an even VBD as I can get according to my list.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

zeroordie vs. Jbz :stare:

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

I came. To game.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Let's do this, big talker :riker:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm keeping track of who owns what team on the first page, so feel free to change your team name at any point

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

OF COURSE HE STARTED DT & WELKER.

Just throwing that out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

• Locked thread