Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sonata
Jan 29, 2004

I think I found a minor bug. The first time you go to the new circus, in the room with the assembly line chef behind the window, if you send your birdy friend into the room on the left and look on the control panel you can see dogfriend in the mine cart already, even though he hasn't fallen in yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Sonata posted:

I think I found a minor bug. The first time you go to the new circus, in the room with the assembly line chef behind the window, if you send your birdy friend into the room on the left and look on the control panel you can see dogfriend in the mine cart already, even though he hasn't fallen in yet.

We've fixed this in the steam version but not the GOG/Humble/Itch DRM Free versions. Those must be manually updated and it takes a little while after we send it to them.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 9, 2015

BlueHeron
Feb 20, 2015
I think I've come across a bug:

At the part with the crane and the vicious creature, when I knock the bathtub onto the creature, the cursor disappears and the game becomes stuck in an unplayable state.

This is in version 1.2 from GOG.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

BlueHeron posted:

I think I've come across a bug:

At the part with the crane and the vicious creature, when I knock the bathtub onto the creature, the cursor disappears and the game becomes stuck in an unplayable state.

This is in version 1.2 from GOG.

I got past this issue by opening the game in gog Galaxy and changing the update setting to manual and rolling the version back.

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks for this neat game.

Pretty sure I hugged all the things, but during the ending sequence, while everyone else was blaming the CEO for the destruction to the police, the little girl with the flower was crying and had a monstrous Dropsy speech bubble

I definitely have her on the wall of hugs so I don't know!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Minty posted:

Thanks for this neat game.

Pretty sure I hugged all the things, but during the ending sequence, while everyone else was blaming the CEO for the destruction to the police, the little girl with the flower was crying and had a monstrous Dropsy speech bubble

I definitely have her on the wall of hugs so I don't know!

Thanks! Glad ya like it!

The townspeople are kind of playing dumb and distracting the cops so you can pass. Most of the dialogue is just (Dropsy) (?). They also have thought bubbles instructing Dropsy to run. The cop should be the one saying that, if anyone. That said, it's possible some older dialogue crept in there. I'll have a look. :)

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Why must you continue to taunt me so?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Afal
Sep 4, 2012

"Tubular! Catch you on the flip side!"
played through this. loved every minute of it. I remember that the "dream world" was going to be a big part of the game but I didn't get to see much of it being utilised that much in the game. maybe I missed out on something?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Afal posted:

played through this. loved every minute of it. I remember that the "dream world" was going to be a big part of the game but I didn't get to see much of it being utilised that much in the game. maybe I missed out on something?

Thanks! Yeah, it was supposed to have a lot more. Originally it was one enormous scene that you could explore until you reached a hidden checkpoint, denoted by Mr. Floor Mouth. We decided to flesh out the main world with more interactivity instead. There are a few additional dreams coming in the beach update that are already partially complete, so it'll at least be a tiny bit bigger.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

:love:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
There's still a content update coming, right?

I've been putting off playing this until I can play all of it in one go.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Jay tweeted a day or so ago about the beach area still in the works. Dunno when it'll be ready, tho.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Yeah, we're getting going on that now. We really want/need to have it done by Christmas. I'm posting an update tonight.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Any update on the expanded area?

Also wow, it's been a while since anything in was posted in this thread. Dropsy's now available on iOS (iPads only I think) with an Android port also in the works.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Still coming, apparently.

If I were Jay, I'd acknowledge the delay by putting in a parody of a certain character and giving him two lines:

(clock) (kicking foot) (butt) (bared teeth) (face in profile blowing bubblegum bubble)
(hands turning pockets inside out) (face in profile blowing bubblegum bubble)

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 1, 2016

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Looks like Steam just downloaded a patch.

A Jolly Corpse posted:

2016.02.05 - Version 1.4
----------------------------------------
'Clown About Town' achievement is now unlockable
'John Wayne Gassy' achievement is now unlockable
'Tapeworm' achievement is now unlockable
'The Moistening' achievement is now unlockable
'Tight Pants' achievement is now unlockable
'What Does It Say About His Clown Level!?' achievement is now unlockable
When Dropsy is holding an item, an icon is now displayed in the bottom right
Fix music in church after Preacher's puzzle has been solved
Change bracelet sprite to be more effective and positioned correctly
Added blinking hug button to end of Chickenman's dialog
Remove floating 'ghost' cursors from various scenes
Fix map markers to properly appear for bird's mom and megacircus
Removed fade bugs from circus training cutscene
Fix bug where leaving the screen while dog is peeing locks the game
Dropsy will no longer be able to hide from the cops in his bedroom
Fixed minor bug with brothers picture
Fixed bug with walkable area in the skyscraper exterior
Edit various dialog icons
Parallax fix in Nightclub
Various minor tinting and Z-sort fixes
********** TABLETS **********
Parity between PC and tablet versions
Add touch feedback for tapping
Implemented WalkDestination for puff effect
Larger tappable areas for toolbar buttons
Inventory item large view polish
Fix a critical game hang during police chase sequence
Refocus scene where Dropsy's sleeping if in 4:3
Focus camera on Homeless Lady if in 4:3
Fix weird jittering on end-game credits roll

http://steamcommunity.com/games/274350/announcements/detail/872939311941651701

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Ballz posted:

Any update on the expanded area?

Also wow, it's been a while since anything in was posted in this thread. Dropsy's now available on iOS (iPads only I think) with an Android port also in the works.

Yeah iOS was just updated with some nice pizazz too. Feels really nice to play.

We're currently in the thick of the big update. We experienced some pretty bad burnout after release, so it's taken a while. I think we have something like 6 new scenes in it, as well as new cutaways for mousy/birdy, more dreams, puzzles, hugs, etc. A bit more lore-y stuff too for folks who wanted to know more about the ending - should make the reveal smoother. A lot of it is stuff we wanted to get in by release but couldn't manage. Late march is when we estimate it'll be out. I'm getting married on April 2 so I have no choice. :P

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

quote:

'John Wayne Gassy' achievement is now unlockable

:stonk: Uh...a child murderer/rapist reference?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Clown reference.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Bum the Sad posted:

Clown reference.

A clown that was a serial child rapist and murderer.

There are better clowns to reference.

ignoring the fact that 'Pogo' was what you'd use to reference him as a Clown since that was his performance name.

edit: Jesus loving Christ.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Hi, welcome to Something Awful.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Magmarashi posted:

ignoring the fact that 'Pogo' was what you'd use to reference him as a Clown since that was his performance name.

lol

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Magmarashi posted:

Then the pun wouldn't have made any sense. As it stands, it makes for an excellent litmus test for weeding out people who take things far too seriously.

Where did the clown touch you?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

EricFate posted:

Where did the clown touch you?

Ah, right, I forgot...

Modus Pwnens posted:

Hi, welcome to Something Awful 4Chan.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Dear sir, stop being a big dumb human being. tyia

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dropsy - there are better clowns to reference

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the joke fits the tone of the game at all.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Treasure Hunter is the only achievement which is eluding me now. I got all the pages, and did all the quests related to things which need to be dug up... So I wonder which optional one I missed?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

RandomPauI posted:

I don't think the joke fits the tone of the game at all.

Agreed, and they've already announced they're changing it.

People being outright offended by it is still pretty funny, tho.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

lmbo better tell twitter

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

lmbo better tell twitter

Ok

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
It's an achievement name. Those things are so far off my radar that I didn't really consider looking through them again. Took like two seconds to change, and now our game is a tiny bit kinder. That's fine with me.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Gaspy Conana posted:

It's an achievement name. Those things are so far off my radar that I didn't really consider looking through them again. Took like two seconds to change, and now our game is a tiny bit kinder. That's fine with me.

Good job.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gaspy Conana posted:

Thanks.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

ah cool. nice my little pony memes on ur feed btw

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Will the Book of Secrets be updated with the content in the beach update?

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
I picked this up when it came out last year and I just got around to playing it. I want a win 95 version I can put on a bunch of floppy disks and show my friends and convince them we all repressed it from our childhood ala Stephen King's IT. But obviously with way more hugging.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Lonos Oboe posted:

I picked this up when it came out last year and I just got around to playing it. I want a win 95 version I can put on a bunch of floppy disks and show my friends and convince them we all repressed it from our childhood ala Stephen King's IT. But obviously with way more hugging.

There's a couple of Kickstarter adventure games in development that fit the 'rediscovered obscure adventure game' idea - Paradigm and Demetrios (especially Paradigm).

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

I'm hoping this one turns up on the 'Steam Summer Sale'. That way all the folks who missed it on release will be more likely to be randomly gifted it during the annual frenzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/dropsytheclown/status/773852032813891584

Oh hey, that "beach update" is still in the works. :unsmith:

Edit: And I guess I should also mention if you like Jay and you like Dropsy, you're probably gonna like his next game that is currently on Kickstarter.

• Locked thread