Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Megaspel posted:

Does anyone have a fully completed hug wall at the start area? It'd be nice to have a screenshot I can compare to so I know what I've got left.

This is what I have, though I know there's one that glitched out that I didn't get. There looks like there's 2-3 gaps though so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

This is what I have, though I know there's one that glitched out that I didn't get. There looks like there's 2-3 gaps though so I dunno.

You have a few more than me, here's our's combined.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This is mine (I think I have one extra :) ) :

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

AbstractNapper posted:

This is mine (I think I have one extra :) ) :

A few.

Speaking of which, anyone know where the 5th page to the bible is?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 15, 2015

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Megaspel posted:

Speaking of which, anyone know where the green flute is used? Also the 5th page to the bible?

The flute is used in the alien cavern to summon an alien
The bible pages are glitched. There are six of them to be found. Two are outside the mines (one the wire fence and under a dirt patch), three are in the first inner mine area (one in the upper mouse maze, one in the bottom mouse maze, and one under a dirt patch past the conveyor belt), and one is in the second mines area (the one with the dog cart) in a mouse maze.
But there is an upcoming update that will fix the current bug, where three of the pages register as the same page.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

AbstractNapper posted:

The flute is used in the alien cavern to summon an alien
The bible pages are glitched. There are six of them to be found. Two are outside the mines (one the wire fence and under a dirt patch), three are in the first inner mine area (one in the upper mouse maze, one in the bottom mouse maze, and one under a dirt patch past the conveyor belt), and one is in the second mines area (the one with the dog cart) in a mouse maze.
But there is an upcoming update that will fix the current bug, where three of the pages register as the same page.

Oh poo poo, I thought that there were just a bunch of copies of the same page in case you missed one. I picked them all up, will I miss out on that story when the update comes?

Backstory spoilers So Dropsy and villain dude are alien brothers, right? http://i.imgur.com/jGyZkzo.png two sides of the same coin

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 15, 2015

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Jay wrote about the page bugfix in a previous post

Gaspy Conana posted:

We just fixed a bunch of stuff, including (hopefully) that pesky black screen bug, and we'll be pushing the update tonight if it tests okay. You'll also be able to give the priestess lady the pages too, though the name if a flag was changed so you may need to restart or edit your save file. I want to give it a proper thrashing first before uploading. :)

Finale/story spoiler Also, yes, it appears that Dropsy and the villain are brothers (and they also had another brother, who presumably was killed by the villain, based on the wall photos in that cellar (during the final story segment) and the note in the dilapidated trailer house.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

AbstractNapper posted:

Finale/story spoiler Also, yes, it appears that Dropsy and the villain are brothers (and they also had another brother, who presumably was killed by the villain, based on the wall photos in that cellar (during the final story segment) and the note in the dilapidated trailer house.

Are you sure about the 3 brothers thing? I assumed the picture is Dropsy, CEO Guy, and the Farmer Dad (guy with the motorcycle at the beginning). I figure part of the story is the brothers resentment to Dropsy being this adopted alien kid and his deal is that he's revealing the conspiracy. I figure the reason his skin is off-color is because of the weird effects from those snack cake things but I don't think he himself is an alien.

Only thing I'm not quite sure of is why the snack cake people are attached to the mine closing?

Looking back I think I'm missing the nightclub bouncer and the alien ring toss guy for the wall, not even sure what to do for either of those.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

TheOrange posted:

Looking back I think I'm missing the nightclub bouncer and the alien ring toss guy for the wall, not even sure what to do for either of those.

Have you tried hugging the bouncer? :v:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

TheOrange posted:

Are you sure about the 3 brothers thing? I assumed the picture is Dropsy, CEO Guy, and the Farmer Dad (guy with the motorcycle at the beginning). I figure part of the story is the brothers resentment to Dropsy being this adopted alien kid and his deal is that he's revealing the conspiracy. I figure the reason his skin is off-color is because of the weird effects from those snack cake things but I don't think he himself is an alien.

Only thing I'm not quite sure of is why the snack cake people are attached to the mine closing?

Well, if you complete the blueprints in the circus A hologram pops out of Dropsy's mother carrying Dropsy, and the two other brothers standing on both sides of her.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Arrrthritis posted:

Well, if you complete the blueprints in the circus A hologram pops out of Dropsy's mother carrying Dropsy, and the two other brothers standing on both sides of her.

Ah, ok. I wonder if that's intentional or just framing two different time periods... I'll have to go check that out for myself though!

Ratpick posted:

Have you tried hugging the bouncer? :v:

Haha figures, I think I shoved everything else in my inventory in his face but that never crossed my mind.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
So Unity 5.2 caused some new screen res issues, so we're having to work through those before pushing the update.

In other news, here's an adjustment we're making to the sleep system to make it a bit more easy to work with. Dropsy alarm clock! Woo!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Aaaand the first update is live! Here are the notes:

Team Dropsy posted:

Patch Notes
Dropsy Version 1.1 patch notes
----------------------------------------------------

Multiple screen resolution issues addressed
Issue with Autosave using incorrect positioning data fixed
Correctly grant Tome Page items inside the mine scene
Additional dialogue for the priestess and her tome pages
Stop certain items from reappearing after collected
Edit visuals of church shutter key for better hint
Stop dream sequences from advancing the clock
Make Airport Guard around all the time
Airport Guard’s mine key shines
Replace missing hydrant in north part of city which created errant collider
Edit various background graphics
Additional garlic colliders
Add details to opening morning scene
Enlarge clickable area for alley close-up
Fix texture import settings causing low-res textures
Remove errant tint from player inside record store
Add vampire mask scare sound effect
Edit bird mother burial sequence
Stop players from exiting junkyard while locked in during mouse rescue sequence
Properly remove inventory items from appropriate puzzles after completion
Fix Dropsy’s hug point for the gnome outside the farm
Changes to ending sequence depending on which characters are helped
Stop Dropsy from sitting inside church when chair is activated by a pet
Add details to world map closing off beach area
Various layering issues fixed
Stop Dropsy from walking to an entrance after waking up from sleep

It should automatically update on steam! GOG/Humble builds have to be submitted and uploaded by the respective companies, so those will be updated a bit later.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Yep, Steam update has arrived, and achievements have been added. When will they unlock?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

EricFate posted:

Yep, Steam update has arrived, and achievements have been added. When will they unlock?

We're hoping to have them active on the 18th.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Nice bugfixes with the patch!

I managed to get 2 more hugs. one from the priestess and one from the guard from the snack cake building (which I thought was impossible to hug, but apparently it wasn't)

New wall-o-hugs:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm still stuck on the tire fetching mission. I'm sure I must have missed something at some point but at this point all I've been doing is going from screen to screen, seeing if I missed an item, and then moving on. I'm sure the answer is get the twinkie things from 5 but I haven't made any progress there either save for peeing on the robot..

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

RandomPauI posted:

I'm still stuck on the tire fetching mission. I'm sure I must have missed something at some point but at this point all I've been doing is going from screen to screen, seeing if I missed an item, and then moving on. I'm sure the answer is get the twinkie things from 5 but I haven't made any progress there either save for peeing on the robot..
Do you happen to know where the tire is? Cause if you use that as a clue, then maybe you can find someone around town that might look similar to the things that took the tire. Like perhaps a gent standing out front of a shop in a costume who hates hugs?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Niggurath posted:

Do you happen to know where the tire is? Cause if you use that as a clue, then maybe you can find someone around town that might look similar to the things that took the tire. Like perhaps a gent standing out front of a shop in a costume who hates hugs?

I can't figure out his puzzle. Its like he's sad that he has a job but he also was on a tv talk show?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

RandomPauI posted:

I can't figure out his puzzle. Its like he's sad that he has a job but he also was on a tv talk show?
The idea is that he hates is job and being on the job leads to annoying clowns giving him hugs, so try giving him another hug. Yeah, I mostly only figured this out cause it was in the game trailer, but the item he gives you allows you to get the tire.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

RandomPauI posted:

The next build is going to have a lot more hintage for this one. We teach players not to even try that through interactions with every other NPC, so it isn't very fair as of now. A few reviewers never even completed it, so they had no idea the game had fast travel or companions or 80% of the other content.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Just beat the game. That was... Unexpected. A little abrupt, but overall I enjoyed it very much.

Gonna have to do a completionist run next, although I think I'll wait for the beach to open.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
I'm a little lost! Dropsy's dad is sick, so I know I need medicine, but medicine costs money. I've got a dog and a mouse. I have a bunch of leads, but I'm not sure how to get past any of them.

Anti-Dracula man won't let me past him to where I assume I can find the garlic I need for the king. I tried to scare him with a Dracula mask, and showed him my cross covered bracelet, neither of which he was interested in.

Next to Fox Mulder's food truck is what I assume is some sort of Area 51 guarded by an MIB, but I don't even see a way in. Is that a dead end?

There is what I assume is some sort of mine and/or secret villain lair behind a fence. I don't have the keys to open it.

There's a couple of places with Scientology(?) goons from the snack cake (medicine?) cult who are blocking my way because I'm not a level 8 Scientologist. I think? I don't understand this group at all, or what they are pushing. It looks like they are all obsessed with some sort of macaroon, or snack cake. How do I purge my thetans enough for them to like me?

Finally, how do I get fast travel? Walking around this huge island is getting old!

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
The "Scientologists" are actually big pharma, and they have just the medicine you need to advance the plot! However, the place is guarded during the day, so you'll have to find a way to get in during the night. Thankfully you should've just made a new friend who can help you with that.

E: Also, you unlock fast travel not too long past the point where you're at right now.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Ratpick posted:

The "Scientologists" are actually big pharma, and they have just the medicine you need to advance the plot! However, the place is guarded during the day, so you'll have to find a way to get in during the night. Thankfully you should've just made a new friend who can help you with that.

E: Also, you unlock fast travel not too long past the point where you're at right now.

But are they making medicinal snack cakes, or are those supposed to be giant pills? They look delicious.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

But are they making medicinal snack cakes, or are those supposed to be giant pills? They look delicious.

I imagined them as an overreaching powerful semi-dystopian snack cake company. One of the TVs in their building shows a hair-growth cake, the other shows a healing one. The snack cakes you found in your fridge at the beginning are from the same folks and have their logo. :)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
How have the sales been?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Two million copies, haven't you heard?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Noticed a patch.

quote:

1.2 Patch Notes
Dropsy Version 1.2 patch notes
----------------------------------------------------

Beds now allow selection of wake-up time
Dream sequences occur only while sleeping at home
Day cycle slightly elongated, and night cycle slightly shortened
Can now hug church volunteer after completing church puzzle thread
Fix black screen bug caused by the shed cutscene
Rework screen fading to fix various related bugs
Adjust how world map displays scene dots
Opening the world map now properly stops the player walker
Add options menu button to return to title screen
Allow hugging southern snack guard and add polish to both snack guards
Fix camera monitors to properly show the current state of the tram cars and dog
Give hydrant robot dialogue related to dog getting lost
Add closeups to the tables outside the mine and the airport
Dog will correctly warn Dropsy when trying to leave while searching for bird's mother
Dog will walk to Dropsy to ask for his sock to be put on the grave if he was offscreen
Give the chickenman a 'free hugs' sign
Correctly enable toll booth drawing on the hug wall
Make Thor amulet easier to collect outside the mine entrance
Can show the bracelet to the preacher while in the playground
Dropsy can attempt to hug the hologram
Grand opening news on TV when Dropsy wakes up on opening morning
Circus music plays across scenes on opening day
Add details to costume shop and graveyard to hint at costume shop owner
Polish added to costume shop owner both in costume shop and in graveyard
Both brothers have a copy of the repaired photo after being reunited
Remove dog's barking from mine after you've rescued him
Ejected tape sprite in church now matches the tape correctly
Add hospital signs
Rat bangs around inside tub after Dropsy traps it
Adjust parallax backgrounds in junkyard and desert
Move rocks to foreground in cave passage scene
Minor graphical edits to airport scene
Edit Kickstarter credits for non 16:9 screens
Adjust various object colliders
Correct object tints in various scenes

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I haven't gotten the DLC from steam yet, but I know you're working on that.

I'm also lost.

In order to get the dog back from the mines I need to visit the brother who has the part I need. And once I reunite the brothers I can probably have one of the crystals to feed the alien who will probably return to the guy in the trailer.

Except to do that I need to fix the boat and the people who can probably fix the boat are busy working on a truck and wishing they had money to fix the microphone. To get the money I need to work at the circus which depend on having the dog which depends on having the boat working and...yeah.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

RandomPauI posted:

Except to do that I need to fix the boat and the people who can probably fix the boat are busy working on a truck and wishing they had money to fix the microphone.
You misinterpreted their thought bubbles here. They are a band and need to get a gig to earn some money and be popular. They have a demo tape of their work somewhere. And there is someone who needs something like that (has a similar thought bubble)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Alright, I missed a few of the dog-peeing places and two of the pages of the Thor bible before I hit the point of no return. I also never found the middle part of the statue or a use for the arm.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

RandomPauI posted:

Alright, I also never found the middle part of the statue or a use for the arm.

The middle part of the statue is in the area where you find the fishing pole and the bandit/missing person guy. It's in a box and you have to use your mouse friend to get in the box and fetch it.
The skeleton arm is an alternative you can use as a bone to give to the lady at the junk yard for the soup (the other bone is the yellow glowing (radioactive? ) one.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Finally got around to beating this last weekend. My girlfriend is mad that she ran out of people to hug, 10/10 would buy More Hugs DLC day one.

Also this game has a dope as hell soundtrack FYI

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

hey so i backed this kickstarter on the $10 tier because it looked really cool and i kind of forgot about it. i don't believe i ever received my copy of the game, where do i email to talk to someone about that?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

I will admit, this is not one of the publications I would have been expecting to promote your game. Congratulations, I guess? I thought Keith was joking until I checked the link.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

EricFate posted:

I will admit, this is not one of the publications I would have been expecting to promote your game. Congratulations, I guess? I thought Keith was joking until I checked the link.

Between this and their ridiculously in-depth expose on Manos: The Hands of Fate, I feel a little weird that I can honestly say I'm reading it for the articles.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

ninjewtsu posted:

hey so i backed this kickstarter on the $10 tier because it looked really cool and i kind of forgot about it. i don't believe i ever received my copy of the game, where do i email to talk to someone about that?

Definitely search your junk folder for Dropsy since I used Mailchimp. Also look at any email addresses you may have had back in 2013. If you still don't find it, hit me up at dropsytheclown@gmail! :)

BlueHeron
Feb 20, 2015
When is GOG going to receive the 1.2 update?
It's been over a week since Steam got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I sent the build out. It takes a while longer because it's all manual with them. Should be up soon!

• Locked thread