Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007
I was hired to lead, not to read
Can't wait for Amazon, GMG, GamersGate, and Steam, etc. to all fight for my monies!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007

Faltese Malkin posted:

This year I've been eagerly anticipating the summer sale (like we all are) and over the past couple weeks I've been adding items to my wishlist. During the Steam sale, how are you alerted when a game from your wishlist is on sale?

Yeah like Hogo Fogo said above, it's spotty at best. I'd check as often as possible and even on your cellphone's Steam App/SA App.

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007
I got an order in using my Canadian credit card... let's see what happens.

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007
Pricing errors are the one thing I still get really excited for during the summer/holiday sales.

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007

There's always a party pooper.

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007

Clamps posted:

Waiting for Tomb Raider to download now, been really keen for that one for a long time!
Of course I WANTED to buy it on the amazon store for their digital sale cause its $5 cheaper, but without a US based billing address, apparently I can go gently caress myself.
And if you too want to tell me to go gently caress myself, or conversely, anything positive, heres my profile!

You can bypass this by using any US address as long as you aren't getting something physically delivered to you (also, try not to use the White House either). It's a loophole and Amazon knows about it but they've turned a blind eye. Also, use a state with no taxes on digital products to avoid taxes (I used New Hampshire).

I'm Canadian btw.

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007

Clamps posted:

Thanks for that, Ill try it tonight, I already gave up on Tomb Raider, but there are quite a few other things on amazon looking pretty good, including the firaxis bundle for around $17

I believe a one-time use promo code GOONCAVE can be used on Amazon to get an additional 15% off.

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007

The Unnamed One posted:

So did I. But gently caress 'em, they rejected Gunpoint, they deserve it.

Do you really want this guy to win?

DO YOU RILLY!?!?

I had to vote Riptide, I don't want the War Z to get money.

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007

McCoy Pauley posted:

Yes. I'd rather he gets what he deserves, then accidentally spend his last $5.89 on a good game.

Good Citizen posted:

I want him to have less money and a bad game.

Haha I can see the inevitable "why I has 2 wait 1 our 2 ply agen?" post. :negative:

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007

Zurreco posted:

How is everyone voting this time around? I figure:

-Anyone who wanted L4D2 would have bought it during the Xmas sale when it was $2.
-I would never vote for Riptide after Dead Island was such a let down.
-I have no opinion about Infestation.

So... Infestation?

Hell no. Infestation is the War Z. I will not condone giving the developers money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007

Numbnuts posted:

Euro Truck!

I am seriously going to buy it.

Voting Euro Truck just for you!