Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
LordNat
May 16, 2009
Anyone think grabbing up some $1 mystery cards is a good investment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Ragequit posted:

Mystery card prices are spiking. People buying them up at the last minute here.

Man I knew it was a good idea to grab up a few at $1 a pop. Flipping them for $8 profit each.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
IT'S TIME!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw

LordNat
May 16, 2009
http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordnat/

I can always use more friends.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

futurememory posted:

XCOM and Little Inferno for me so far, and I'm feeling satisfied.

Reading about all the goon generosity gives me all the warm and fuzzies. You guys are fantastic.

I refuse to put Steam information up here, just because your wonderful gifting should go to people who deserve it more.

Keep it up, goons!

Is XCOM good?
I was trying to build up my steam funds with cards to grab it before it went off sale but I missed it, I hope it comes around again once I get $10.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

bragollach posted:

Ok, this seems like a good time to clear some dust off a few old keys hanging out to see if they can find a good home.

Civ IV Complete
The Basement Collection
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Splice
Spirits
Waking Mars

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bragollach

That one name on my friends list probably gets lonely sitting there all by itself.

I'd not like Waking Mars if you don't mind. I tossed you a friend invite, I am Snowflame.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Sundowner posted:

Seeing as all the gifting going on in this thread is nice to see, I'll throw another in the pile. I've got the Thief Collection sitting here going nowhere. That's all 3 Thief games!

I will take that.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

NEW DEALS GUYS

66% of RPG Maker is not a bad deal. If I was not saving fake money for Kerbal Space Program and Prison Architect I'd hit that and make some awful RPGs.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Well the card market is dead... Too many people jumped on the free money train, you are lucky to get 9 cents a card at this point.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Here is a perfect look at how the undercutting is going right now.
Got this foil a few hours ago and just got to watch the 1 cent undercutting ruin it.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/Vernon%20Roche%20%28Foil%29

Look at that chart.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Crashbee posted:

I had the second foil Roche on the market and put it up for £5. The next person undercut me by a pound, the next person undercut them by a pound, and now here we are. It's like people don't understand how money works.

Well anyone that plays a MMO with a market place can tell you that. I have seen people buy up the entire stock of crafting items thinking they can resell it high only to end up undercutting him self just to make his stock sell faster.

People have no idea how free markets work and just end up shooting them self in the foot.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

Is RPGmaker VX a game disguised as some kind of creation tool, an honest to god creation tool, or some mix of the two?

It is a full on creation tool. Most of the RPGs you see on Kickstarter are made in it.
Honestly for the price it is vary powerful, if you really want to sit down and make a game it is not a bad place to start.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

Thanks! Also, is the combat engine set in stone as a turn based JRPG thing or do you have more options?

You can program in a new one, there are a few you can also download load and import (some paid and some free).
I messed around with the older ones years back and coded some crazy battle systems with just the trigger scripting, I have read this one allows full on scripting so if you want to get your hands dirty you are really not limited at all.
Tho at that point you might just want to go Unity.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

melon farmer posted:

Witcher 2 for $5 is ridiculous, it's one of the best RPGs out there. Everyone play it it's very good thanks in advance.

100% agree. The new semi-official combat mod fixed the only flaws with the game as well. It might be the perfect Action RPG on PC.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
40% off Kerbal Space Program is not what I hoped but it is still good.
Now I just need Prison Architect to go on daily and I have cleared my want list for this sale.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

I have a copy of New Vegas for the first person to tell me the most entertaining gun in Fallout 2.

Flamethrower with Bloody Mess. It is fun to watch them dance.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

DrNutt posted:

First person to quote me with their steam id gets a copy of Just Cause 2. Just for shits.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

el burbo posted:

Market is back up! Go back to selling :valvebeta:

Steam Marketplace: The Race to $-0.01

LordNat
May 16, 2009

mark-p87 posted:

Going to gift some people DX:HR if it wins the vote. Has anyone here played the original but not got around to playing HR?
I have always wanted to play a Deus Ex game.
Have heard they are more or less the peek of Cyberpunk RPGs.

Also idk if this fits here but I'd be willing to trade some Dota 2 items for cards if anyone is interested in anything I have.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Mark-p87 is a cool person and his mom loves him.
Also he just tossed me DE:HR. Massive thanks dude.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
I was hoping X-Com was going to go lower as a daily. I am Tree Fiddy short.
Maybe I will get one of those mystical boosters people talk about before it goes off sale.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Serf (steam name) is an ultra bro and snagged me a copy of X-Com even after I missed his give away.

Massive thanks dude.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Ok so I have X-Com installed and loaded up at last.
What setting is good to play on if I have never played an X-Com game before but play a bunch of turn based tactical games?
Also any of the DLC worth grabbing while they are like a buck?

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

1. Normal (but drop it down to easy if normal frustrates you too much. You can change difficulty at any time, but I don't think it affects anything midmission.)
2. The DLC's mostly worth it for pretty soldier dressup. If you get it, don't play the slingshot missions on your first game as they mess up the enemy and tech progression a bit
3. Autosave is OFF by default. Correct this.

1: Ok sounds good
2: I play Guild Wars 2 for dress up so unless it adds good new content I think I will skip them.
3: WHY!? Thank you for this warning!

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Ok X-Com is drat good, Buy it while it is on sale.
Massive thanks to Serf again for gifting me a copy, so far some of the most fun I have had in awhile.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Jelly posted:

Yay, Prison Architect is going on Daily Deal tomorrow

For anyone who doesn't know you can find out the headliner deal for tomorrows sale by clicking and dragging the postcard behind the headliner postcard to the address bar in your browser

It's the one I have been waiting for. Hoping for 50% off at least.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

whoisjasonk posted:

Anybody out there looking for some random games? My inventory seems to contain:

1 copy of Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II
1 copy of Bioshock
1 copy of Payday: The Heist

I would be willing to part with any of these for the Goons-Only discount of US$0.00

Can I have DoW 2?

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Thank you Obsurveyor for Monaco and Frankz for Lunar Flight.

I miss out on one game and get given 2, Goons are awesome.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
I just got a coupon for 75% off Lunar Flight.
I was already have the game so anyone want it?

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, Kerbal Space was 15 bucks a couple of months ago and I figured, if Prison Architect dropped to a similar amount I'd be all over it. Seeing how Kerbal dropped again for this sale to an even lower price, I figured it had to at least hit 15. Oh well, I can wait till Christmas, right?

I think it more comes from KPS is a much older game at this point so they have most of their established high price users at this point.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

Spent the last of my steam sale money on Monaco and Van Helsing. Almost went with Sonic racing but all the praise for Monaco pushed me over the edge. I might have gone for Mortal Kombat if I knew it was coming up in the next round of flash sales. Oh well, guess I'll just add those two to my wish list and wait for a weekend sale.

Also, vote Recettear. It's a legit good game if you have a decent anime tolerance, was localized by goons, and has never been on sale before!
(none of this matters because it won't win)

Recettear is the best Shop Owning Sim/Action RPG you will play, buy it now.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Crunchsnack posted:

Did anyone yet buy Prison Architect?
About to get it.

It if vary fun but also vary alpha.

There is not much to do outside of just build a basic Prison at this point. Most mission or contracts style content is still being worked on.

That said building and running the Prison is vary fun, I was working on a open prison that did not use cells but it all went down hill once some one smuggled in a knife and a riot started.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
You are all awful people for only revealing this Pinball FX2 thing after I did my final day spending...

My heart yearns for tables!

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Despite spending a lot of money I decided to give the Egosoft a little more, thus:

Space Giveaway!

Do you want to pilot big ships and then blow them up? Ever wished you could hire an AI pilot in EVE to do your trading and mining for you? Longing for the days of Frontier First Elite and Privateer?

This game does all this and more! (trailer for the last Terran Conflict patch)
Or if terrible 31337 combat videos are your thing

First 2 people to write a short summary of reasons why either Frontier First Elite, Freelancer or Privateer is the best space game get a copy.

Freelancer is the best as it is the perfect mix of space sim, RPG, FPS, and all around great multiplayer. Also has some of the best mods I have seen for a space game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Despite spending a lot of money I decided to give the Egosoft a little more, thus:

Space Giveaway!

Do you want to pilot big ships and then blow them up? Ever wished you could hire an AI pilot in EVE to do your trading and mining for you? Longing for the days of Frontier First Elite and Privateer?

This game does all this and more! (trailer for the last Terran Conflict patch)
Or if terrible 31337 combat videos are your thing

First 2 people to write a short summary of reasons why either Frontier First Elite, Freelancer or Privateer is the best space game get a copy. Gone.

Thank you for the game, looks great.