Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Kabanaw posted:

Most of the people you listed took pleasure in destroying cities and murdering people.

Since when is that evil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

LostRook posted:

Since when is that evil?

:v:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Ask Sonic what his favorite flavor of ice cream is and he would reply "murder".
Can you not see his smile of child-like delight as he eats his murder flavoured ice cream?

Algid fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 27, 2015

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Actually Sonic just wants to show off his moves. That is what Saitama saw in him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Speed of Sonic Captain Falcon Sound?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sonic used to like murder but now he's all about Saitama.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mordaedil posted:

Actually Sonic just wants to show off his moves. That is what Saitama saw in him.

His minor-character-level murdering moves

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Rigged Death Trap posted:

His minor-character-level murdering moves

It's a crime to murder normal minor characters, but if it's a criminal then it's like he's punishing them and killing two birds with one stone. No one will complain and everything's good!

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Avulsion posted:

It's a crime to murder normal minor characters, but if it's a criminal then it's like he's punishing them and killing two birds with one stone. No one will complain and everything's good!

Author's Note: This is not actually good.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Sonic used to like murder but now he's all about Saitama.

One more for the harem!

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Kabanaw posted:

Most of the people you listed took pleasure in destroying cities and murdering people.

The heroes like that too. They're sponsored though.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Voted Worst Mom posted:

The heroes like that too. They're sponsored though.

Name 5 that take pleasure in murdering others

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So far the heroes have been assholes but not mass murderers.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A bunch of them seem to enjoy murdering monsters at least, but those monsters were usually already murdering other people. So it's fairly understandable.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Terror Sweat posted:

Name 5 that take pleasure in murdering others

It's just murdering monsters in the name of justice. Seems like most of the lower classes take a lot of pleasure in it, A and S class are pretty bored.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A bunch of those monsters are menaces though who are talking about destroying humanity and poo poo though. And I don't think we've really seen enough of the lower classes other than like Mumen Rider to say oh they just love to kill monsters. If anything most just seem concerned with ladder climbing but other than like a few tank toppers even those who just want to improve their rank seem like fairly decent dudes.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
That's fair. I guess I just think the monsters are pretty decent things who are currently too obsessed with power or were so obsessed they literally turned into a monster. It'll be nice to have spermdude and evil puppy around.

Also, I actually thought about Mumen Rider as the one we haven't seen brag about destroying monsters. He's like rescuing cats from trees and stuff while combating monsters; he's the only heroic character imo. Maybe Metal Bat because he's just trying to take care of his sister and cat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Like I dunno, pretty much all the heroes no matter how weak they are have egos the size of planets but I don't think that makes them unheroic. Like say all those heroes who try to fight the sea king and his goons, they all brag about how they'll improve their rank and that this is a piece of cake but they're still protecting people. And I vaguely remember Stinger at least only going all out once all the civillians cleared out so he wouldn't hurt them. So I think most heroes do want to help people even if they're all kinda selfish.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Justice Crash is a move only a true hero could perform.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Like I dunno, pretty much all the heroes no matter how weak they are have egos the size of planets but I don't think that makes them unheroic. Like say all those heroes who try to fight the sea king and his goons, they all brag about how they'll improve their rank and that this is a piece of cake but they're still protecting people. And I vaguely remember Stinger at least only going all out once all the civillians cleared out so he wouldn't hurt them. So I think most heroes do want to help people even if they're all kinda selfish.

Yea, I can't say as I think Superalloy Darkshine (or whatever his official English name is) is unheroic simply because he was doing it for self-gratification, because every character in the show gets in to heroism for selfish reasons, even Saitama. It's about how they conduct themselves while they're heroes and whether they're willing to change and become better people over time that counts, not whether they get in to it for completely noble reasons. And in that context, there's nothing bad about Superalloy Darkshine.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This isnt old man in the underworld. these monsters are all pieces of poo poo

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Nah there's that one dude who has a long-rear end tongue or something and then there's sperm guy and puppy and boros' crew seemed pretty chill.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Didn't Black Sperm take a hostage?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Nah there's that one dude who has a long-rear end tongue or something and then there's sperm guy and puppy and boros' crew seemed pretty chill.

Yeah, the attempted rapist with the long tongue seemed like a swell guy.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
it's a little disingenuous to say that the guys who were only accomplices of attempted hitlers were actually alright guys

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

LostRook posted:

Yeah, the attempted rapist with the long tongue seemed like a swell guy.

He just needs to use his long tongue for good. For example, he could become a world-class painter and inspire millions with his striking tongue strokes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Voted Worst Mom posted:

He just needs to use his long tongue for good. For example, he could become a world-class painter and inspire millions with his striking tongue strokes.

But doesn't the fact that he is not using it for good and instead using it for evil make him a bad guy?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Didn't Black Sperm take a hostage?

Probably, but now he's taking care of evil rover and following around Saitama. Besides, he knows he can't do something like that again because there's no point against Saitama. He will become a useful member of society, using his millions of sperm cells to simulataneously be a teacher, foreign ambassador, and the humble owner of the Monster Rehabilitation Center, where many will follow his example and use their abilities to contribute to society.

Overgrown Rover becomes an oversized adorable pet that gets nicknamed Clifford.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

He can't even do that because all of his cells got destroyed, so he's stuck in his small form.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

El Burbo posted:

He can't even do that because all of his cells got destroyed, so he's stuck in his small form.

No way, I'm sure he can just eat a bunch of watermelon or take some pills for that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Didn't he say that he needed protein?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I always took it this way: just being plain weird or having supernatural powers doesn't make you evil. But once you ARE evil, you're a monster, as can be seen by all the humans that are called monsters, even when they're still humans going by their outward appearances (Homeless Emperor, Psykos etc.). Garou is the major exception, since he's actually not interested in becoming a real monster, as we see then the monster association is testing him. I guess there's a difference between turning into a monster due to obsession and due to sheer evilness, but many monsters we see obviously accomplished both.

tl;dr version: everyone Saitama one-punched into smithereens deserved it :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Voted Worst Mom posted:

That's fair. I guess I just think the monsters are pretty decent things who are currently too obsessed with power or were so obsessed they literally turned into a monster. It'll be nice to have spermdude and evil puppy around.

There isn't really any definition of "evil" more useful than "knowingly does evil/harmful things." Virtually zero* evil people actually think "I am doing this because it is evil!"

You seem to be trying to project some morally ambiguous element to this comic that simply isn't there. Some of the heroes aren't the best people, but they're still clearly not portrayed as equivalent to the villains in any significant way.

If I had to guess, I would say that the corruption within the Hero Association is more of a commentary on the competitive nature of modern society/employment (the "rat race"), but it's not entirely clear. It's the structure of the Hero Association and the motivations it creates that are the problem, not the heroes themselves.

*Pretty much the only example in real life close to this is wealthy people who commit white collar crime (or take other actions that economically harm others), since they're well educated and in a position to easily understand the results of their actions. But even they are operating off of a distorted sense of morality. Pretty much all other crime is the result of socioeconomic factors or mental illness rather some innate immorality.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 29, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
New chapter is up. Not translated yet. (Well part of it, ONE was feeling a little ill)

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/105.html

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 31, 2015

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The basic idea with the dialogue is pretty much what you'd expect: "Where's Saitama?" "Who knows"; Tats says Fubuki looks determined; Fubuki is tired of her poo poo, Tats thinks Fubuki seems like her; The group guys show up, refuse to believe Fubuki was serious about disbanding, promise to become stronger; Tats is disappointed about Fubuki's determination wavering and decides to set Fubuki free of the group.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fubuki group for body improvement club award.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Fubuki group for body improvement club award.

that's some high accolades right there

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Translated: http://imgur.com/a/rxRkb

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is this the first time we've gotten a name for one of the members of the Fubuki group within One's version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
why am i excited to see a nameless mook stand up to tatsumaki's attack?