Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RareAcumen posted:

Heavy Kong and Bone are back!

And then they're gone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Not sure exactly whats going on without the translation but its gonna be real good when murata redraws it and they add 20 chapters of beautiful content

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Not sure exactly whats going on without the translation but its gonna be real good when murata redraws it and they add 20 chapters of beautiful content

In 12 years and stripped of all jokes?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Still waiting on Murata to redraw and replace the webcomic so you can't even read the ONE version anymore.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Holy poo poo three chapters at once? I’ve only seen a translation of 114 so far, but it was a perfect chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thank you ONE for this precious gift.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://mangadex.org/chapter/640234/1

115 is up on Mangadex.
Those ninja names are amazing.

e: 116 went up just as I posted too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 15, 2019

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

can't wait for saitama to tell these weirdos to pipe down already

yota821
Sep 3, 2006
What’s missing in the translation is that in Japanese, the “heavenly ninja party” is pronounced as “nin-ten-do”. Yup.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ninja village being a literal gigantic black conspicuous black cube "factory" in the middle of the woods is amazing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ONE's a cube kinda guy I guess

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Thank you, ONE, thank you so much

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

yota821 posted:

What’s missing in the translation is that in Japanese, the “heavenly ninja party” is pronounced as “nin-ten-do”. Yup.

Elentor posted:

The ninja village being a literal gigantic black conspicuous black cube "factory" in the middle of the woods is amazing.

thats just a gamecube

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I can't believe I care about Flashy Flash now.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schwarzwald posted:

I can't believe I care about Flashy Flash now.

Same but for Sonic to be quite honest.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Elentor posted:

Same but for Sonic to be quite honest.

Oh, Sonic has always left an imprint on me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still can't tell if Sonic can match Flash's speed now or if he's holding back like he did with those two ninjas back in the Monster Association.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Enigma of Saitama Fault

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Death Bot posted:

thats just a gamecube

xbox is hueg

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
The best part is every single ninja introducing themselves and their naming convention.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hamelekim posted:

The best part is every single ninja introducing themselves and their naming convention.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Those chapters were filled with A+ jokes, and I'm actually invested in seeing where this is going.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

hosed up for ONE to outdo Murata’s ninja fight so easily.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Billzasilver posted:

hosed up for ONE to outdo Murata’s ninja fight so easily.

He didn't though? The ninjas were already revived in Murata's version. This is in fact, probably why.

edit- I'm a dummy. I read that as 'undo' not 'outdo'

Cirina fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 16, 2019

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

So, in ONE's comic, the Gale and Hellfire of the Monster Association are different from the ninja's Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame, right?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

jetpackhewy posted:

So, in ONE's comic, the Gale and Hellfire of the Monster Association are different from the ninja's Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame, right?

Correct. But Gale Win and Hellfire Flame survive thanks to Phoenix Man and are turned back into normal humans, so they can reappear here.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Correct. But Gale Win and Hellfire Flame survive thanks to Phoenix Man and are turned back into normal humans, so they can reappear here.

That doesn't happen in the ONE version, just the Murata redraw., though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

jetpackhewy posted:

They saw how outclassed they were in the Murata version, so after being revived they went over to the ONE version.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

jetpackhewy posted:

Yeah I am just talking about for when the Murata redraw gets here.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Fo'sho. These recent chapters were throwing me off since Gale and Hellfire do not get revived in the original. I forgot how they initially had no backstory, so they can just be different characters from the ninja's we see in these current chapters. All the while, the redraw will just sidestep that.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 17, 2019

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

jetpackhewy posted:

Fo'sho. These recent chapters were throwing me off since Gale and Hellfire do not get revived in the original. I forgot how they initially had no backstory, so they can just be different characters from the ninja's we see in these current chapters. All the while, the redraw will just sidestep that.

Yeah the original gale/hellfire weren't the same characters, they were robot monsters rather than ninjas even.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I really want to do a full re-read of this since there's new stuff, has anyone done it recently and how long did it take?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

pik_d posted:

I really want to do a full re-read of this since there's new stuff, has anyone done it recently and how long did it take?

Probably not long. It took me about 8ish hours to read through Vagabond again and that is current over 300 chapters.

Significantly fewer chapters for onepunch-man.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

pik_d posted:

It's a pretty quick read, shouldnt take too long.

Also it looks like we're getting to the good poo poo in the redraw right now

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

El Burbo posted:

It’s easy to forget since it’s been like 4 years, but Flash wants to train Saitama

He can get in the que.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

pik_d posted:

It takes like half an hour if you only read the saitama parts

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

What are your guys’ thoughts on ONE adding that hero association kid hostage and changing it from an assault mission to a rescue mission? I’m not really sure it added that much, but I did like when sweet mask killed all the hero association guys in suits

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly I feel like I'd have to see how the subplot pays off first.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It is content that just allows Murata to cut loose, so it is honestly good in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The pacing is a problem, but Orochi, Super Phoenixman, and Child Emperor's Gundam all look cool as hell so

Mordaedil posted:

It is content that just allows Murata to cut loose, so it is honestly good in my book.