Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Kuseno's dead, they buried him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
holky fuk do I love this series. the simplicity of ONE's version really does it for me

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Really hoping that this release sticks to the recent tradition, and at least a couple more chapters are to follow within the next 24 hours.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Holy poo poo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm really glad Genos didn't job

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation is out: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/2nny13t/1/1/

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Took me a minute after seeing the first page to really remember what we had left on last time. Oh dear.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
His art has improved so much, but it's still got the same rough style I love it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ouch, my heart, gently caress

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Man, OPM is good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nicopeen

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

track day bro! posted:

His art has improved so much, but it's still got the same rough style I love it.

the pages of saitama just walking through everything are so good

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Genos took out 3-5 dragon level threats solo. Boy is coming up in the world

but also RIP dr. Kuseno

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Zerilan posted:

the pages of saitama just walking through everything are so good

god fr, the way it just immediately sells him as this unstoppable juggernaut.

what a killer loving chapter, god drat

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I know this probably isn't the case since there is still so much that still needs to happen in this story, but this chapter feels very "end-game-ish"

A seemingly all-out attack by either the Organization or by Metal Knight. Genos potentially reaching his max strength. Nobody left to repair Genos when he's broken...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's genos' narrative, though. none of that has any hold on saitama.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah Genos completing his goal and finding a new purpose in life would be a good end to his plotline. could start a school for the orphans that are going to come from multiple cities being by destroyed

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

from multiple cities being by destroyed

On that point, is there a list somewhere of the number of OPM cities (presumably out of a total of 26) are completely in ruins?

I could probably come up with at least 5 or 6 just off the top of my head

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
only one hero has ever been any good at keeping a city safe, and he's hardly ever appeared.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

only one hero has ever been any good at keeping a city safe, and he's hardly ever appeared.

Well he's a good boy who stays in his own city, how else would he make sure it stays intact?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Child Emperor could fix Genos, or Metal Knight if it turns out he is not LOLEVIL

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

pik_d posted:

Well he's a good boy who stays in his own city, how else would he make sure it stays intact?

My theory is that he has no power in any other city. He didn’t stay for a hot second when Boros attacked the city he was already in.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Bucswabe posted:

On that point, is there a list somewhere of the number of OPM cities (presumably out of a total of 26) are completely in ruins?

I could probably come up with at least 5 or 6 just off the top of my head

Are you counting cities that were rebuilt?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't wait to see him parrying lasers in the robot war.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

I know this probably isn't the case since there is still so much that still needs to happen in this story, but this chapter feels very "end-game-ish"

A seemingly all-out attack by either the Organization or by Metal Knight. Genos potentially reaching his max strength. Nobody left to repair Genos when he's broken...

Well I think ONE is trying to wrap up OPM and move on to other projects so it wouldn't be completely out of the question. I think the only thing that needs to come full circle is that prophecy the seer made before choking on her whether's original.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
The prophecy relates to Saitama finally snapping over not getting his hero named changed.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Man what a great chapter

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think we are absolutely heading into endgame, but this confrontation is only like the first act of it. Like maybe a machine uprising is merely one ingredient to the prophecy and we still got psychic uprising and maybe Sweet Mask becoming like a king of monsters, plus all the cyborgs (unless the cyborgs were turned into AIs and that's why we don't see any NEO Heroes in those pages)

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

ONE can probably neatly tie together the Neo Heroes, the Organization, Metal Knight etc, together based on what's been set up so far.

But the Martial Artists, the Sui-Siblings and now the tease of Garo's reintroduction, demand a more complete arc.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

oh jay posted:

ONE can probably neatly tie together the Neo Heroes, the Organization, Metal Knight etc, together based on what's been set up so far.

But the Martial Artists, the Sui-Siblings and now the tease of Garo's reintroduction, demand a more complete arc.

Agreed, it seems pretty likely that everything with Neo heroes is about war between metal knight and the Organization.

But there a lot of things still to wrap up, maybe most importantly everything going on with God, Psychos, and the intro of Blast and his whole deal.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
an invasion of robots and cyborgs can't possibly succeed while saitama is around, so clearly whoever is behind this doesn't know about him. metal knight is one of the few people who actually does. also, the story about how metal knight was behind everything came from the incredibly suspicious drive knight.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

an invasion of robots and cyborgs can't possibly succeed while saitama is around, so clearly whoever is behind this doesn't know about him. metal knight is one of the few people who actually does. also, the story about how metal knight was behind everything came from the incredibly suspicious drive knight.

Drive Knight is absolutely the most suspicious person and trying to set up Bofoy who probably stands as a credible opposition to the robot faction. Odds are they want to use Genos to try and sound out Bofoy's true defenses before sending in their own machine Gods and best case Genos does their dirty work for them.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

Agreed, it seems pretty likely that everything with Neo heroes is about war between metal knight and the Organization.

But there a lot of things still to wrap up, maybe most importantly everything going on with God, Psychos, and the intro of Blast and his whole deal.

I would say that webcomic Blast doesn't need much exposition, but it would be nice if he showed up in the present, with some kind of jokey acknowledgement on whether or not he is stronger than Saitama.

Manga Blast though...

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Part of me would love a twist of a truly benevolent Organization that only recognizes Metal Knight as the greatest threat to humanity, and will therefore do any unscrupulous thing to collect battle data and get strong enough to resist him.

But I doubt that theory could hold up given everything we know.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i figure that this might be a legitimate ai uprising, though possibly with a non-ai leader. in that case, they would see the world in terms of technology and weapons. this would make bofoy, the #1 weapons developer in the world, the #1 threat to eliminate. fortunately for them, he's a shady prick so it isn't hard turning people against him.

it is still unclear if they are also running neo-heroes, but i suspect that if they are it will be revealed within the next few chapters.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I know the redraw has pretty much lined up most of the parts to be the same as the webcomic now, but it still feels emotionally different. I don't think kings part is going to hit as hard. There was a feeling of hopelessness in the webcomic that I'm not feeling here. King came during the all is lost moment to prove himself, but all doesn't feel lost yet here if that makes sense. I think it was because all the heroes on the surface were broken and helpless and we got some beats of the villains gloating over them. The emotional beats feel a little rushed here

Anyone else feel the same?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Terror Sweat posted:

I know the redraw has pretty much lined up most of the parts to be the same as the webcomic now, but it still feels emotionally different. I don't think kings part is going to hit as hard. There was a feeling of hopelessness in the webcomic that I'm not feeling here. King came during the all is lost moment to prove himself, but all doesn't feel lost yet here if that makes sense. I think it was because all the heroes on the surface were broken and helpless and we got some beats of the villains gloating over them. The emotional beats feel a little rushed here

Anyone else feel the same?

Where I disagree is that the redraw has only very superficially lined things up the same. Maybe roughly the same people are fighting against each other now, but so many surrounding things have changed that the dynamic is very different.

But yeah, the redraw is a much less engaging story.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The redraw has its merits but it does feel like ONE's putting in more and more stuff he had to leave out in the webcomic version of events, and coming up with new stuff besides, because he wants Murata to draw more kickass stuff.

Unfortunately it does mean deflating some tension and drawing out the pacing. When the comic hits best when it's throwing emotional one punches, that hurts.

I think ONE, being a very rough artist who would rather have someone doing art for him, when limited to having to do the artwork himself is more willing to pare things down to only what he absolutely needs to tell the story he wants to tell. Working with Murata, he doesn't have to restrain himself and some of those darlings he killed get to come back in full force, for better or worse.

And heaven help us if either of them decide they changed their mind about something, either a plot detail or an art detail, and then they gotta go back and fix things.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I agree that some of the highest, highs of the webcomic haven't been quite as impactful in the manga, but overall I do think the manga tells a more engaging story. There are definitely parts of the cadre battle that felt a bit tedious to me in the webcomic, and so far I've been really enjoying every moment of it in the manga.

Where there are moments we can make direct comparisons between the two, I can't tell if the manga fails to deliver the same goods, or if it just has everything to do with my expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
In the redraw, this shouldn't be the Ultimate Hellfire Burst Wave Motion Cannon from King, this is just when King shows up and intimidates all the cadres to give other S-class time to get back in the fight to bail him out. I do agree that there is not such a feeling of hopelessness in the redraw though, but there is still time for the S-class to get trounced some more.

e: it maybe was just reading week to week that really made me feel like that, binging the comic now it doesn't feel as hopeless, but also I know what's happening more or less. The King misdirect is only a page, i hope murata sells it better with a huge spread of his attack blowing away gold sperm.

Also I forgot that the kid Garou kept running into is not present in the redraw cadre fight. I'm rereading the whole ONE MA arc and it is quite different

e: we're roughly at chapter 73 in the webcomic: https://mangadex.org/chapter/500d7444-d4a9-4c91-bc34-60d8cb48319f/1

Fellis fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 10, 2021