Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

the problem is that its introduced so many new things and characters but didnt give them enough air, and keeps introducing new things while only superficially addressing the old.
Does metal bat need to be here? Blast's sudden and cryptic appearance? Atomic Samurai's new fetchquest?

Theyre competing with things happening right now for your attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

I have to believe I can do this.

This would definitely be a time for the hopelessness to start maxing out, even before Garou's next step up in power. Golden Sperm just totally outclasses everyone present currently except Saitama and what Garou will become.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fellis posted:

In the redraw, this shouldn't be the Ultimate Hellfire Burst Wave Motion Cannon from King, this is just when King shows up and intimidates all the cadres to give other S-class time to get back in the fight to bail him out. I do agree that there is not such a feeling of hopelessness in the redraw though, but there is still time for the S-class to get trounced some more.

e: it maybe was just reading week to week that really made me feel like that, binging the comic now it doesn't feel as hopeless, but also I know what's happening more or less. The King misdirect is only a page, i hope murata sells it better with a huge spread of his attack blowing away gold sperm.

Also I forgot that the kid Garou kept running into is not present in the redraw cadre fight. I'm rereading the whole ONE MA arc and it is quite different

e: we're roughly at chapter 73 in the webcomic: https://mangadex.org/chapter/500d7444-d4a9-4c91-bc34-60d8cb48319f/1

Yeah garou threatening to kill the kid and Saitama immediately calling his bluff can't happen here. What will happen instead. Neither will the cadres being a team then turning on each other when king threatens them, here they did it just because

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

So I'm guess we'll get a multi-cell sperm to try and fight against King and an injured Tatsumaki breaks their neck. Because jumping straight to Golden Sperm was made to make sense but just feels wrong to start off showing off the super form right away.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I started flipping through the manga and huh wow, I forgot that Psychos snapped because she gained a mind’s eye and saw the future of humanity. That…kinda hits close to home considering recent times.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

I started flipping through the manga and huh wow, I forgot that Psychos snapped because she gained a mind’s eye and saw the future of humanity. That…kinda hits close to home considering recent times.

I really believe the overarching story arc of OPM is about a society on the brink of collapse.

I love the scene in that one manga chapter where Garou is walking through a city and he sees a large protest movement of humans who want to implement blood sacrifices to keep the monsters happy.

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 10, 2021

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Brought To You By posted:

So I'm guess we'll get a multi-cell sperm to try and fight against King and an injured Tatsumaki breaks their neck. Because jumping straight to Golden Sperm was made to make sense but just feels wrong to start off showing off the super form right away.

I'm betting the manga will have a form above Golden Sperm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

I'm betting the manga will have a form above Golden Sperm.

Golden Sperm and Homeless Emporer combine their powers to create Cosmic Sperm.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Bucswabe posted:

I really believe the overarching story arc of OPM is about a society on the brink of collapse.

actually its about a guy whos really strong

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

jsoh posted:

actually its about a guy whos really strong

And his attempts to get a better nickname at work.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Finally read the latest of Murata. That THUMP THUMP THUMP.

If it's not the beam, then yeah, tehre's time to make that hopeless feeling. It's almost there with Genos dragging Tatsumaki by his loving teeth because he's so broken. The swordsmen just need to have one of 'em die and everyone else on the floor bloodied up, and after that it's just the last S-Tier wave (Puri Puri Prisoner, Metal Bat) jobbing, and hammer home how Child Emperor has completely run out of options and Bofoi isn't even coming (maybe he finally replies wtih an "i'm busy")

Furher Ugly needs to do something drastic here, though. It feels like he's being setup to die to Garou, which while it would make him look even more powerful, it has that effect of lessening the villain threat since villain kills villain means less villain, more hope for heroic iwn.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

from the redraw of the Saitama vs orochi fight (ch 151) (spoilers if you want to read it in english)

very interesting

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is that what I think it is? Homeless Emperor's God?

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is that what I think it is? Homeless Emperor's God?

Looks like it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

later on when we flashback to it, you'll see a small man above the god, finger firmly up nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Read the chapter. I forget who said it, but never trust prophecies.