Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That explains why it took so long for him to arrive.

He knew he should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kilroy was here.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Supposing she successfully did some murders here, what would happen to Tatsumaki? Would the hero association really look the other way as she singlehandedly massacred their entire B rank? What about law enforcement?

These are probably not questions one is intended to ask, but I can't help but wonder what Tatsumakis game plan here was.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think Blast is all the friends we made along the way.

I think you mean acquaintances.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm guessing Ecolo G was originally Ecolo- jiji, where jiji means like "old man". A nice localization of the joke if so!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Serious Frolicking posted:

that doesn't work at all

Is joke, yes?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I know he may have gotten an upgrade, but Genos is the Charlie Brown to the Lucy van Pelt holding a football that is the escalating monster threats of One Punch world. I anticipate this swill not end well.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Moltrey posted:

yeah, a kiss

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

When you think about it, King is really the (second*) bravest hero. Even when he is aware he is in mortal danger, he keeps his cool and figures out the right things to say and do.

*common rider is 1st of course

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kild posted:

you're better off reading Mob Psycho.

This. That is, you will be better off, as a person, if you start reading mob psycho 100.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I agree, now that MP100 is done both as a manga and (for the time being) as an anime there's been a sketchy ONE shaped hole in my media consumption that this new chapter has socketed into nicely. I hope webcomic updates keep coming.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ONE should really open up a line of t-shirts.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

boredsatellite posted:

Where the gently caress did the freckles go

Perhaps she uses concealer as an adult

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

can't wait for saitama to tell these weirdos to pipe down already

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

edit nevermind missed a page

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mystic Mongol posted:

I dunno. Yeah, the first half of ole Sweet Mask's pitch was ludicrously overbearing and dumb. But he was listening to Saitama's comments, he took him aside and explained pretty concisely why he's scared without there being a perfect human hero, and even when he was being rude he was listening, sort of. Ole Saitama's being uncharacteristically rude this chapter.

Although Sweet Mask proooobably shouldn't have called for the hair stylist.

I think he is being rude because he personally dislikes Sweet Mask.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RareAcumen posted:

It's such a paradox to be beloved and famous and yet no one listens to a word you say. I hope it turns out that he's not a monster, it's just a ton of stress he's under.

Why he was able to just reattach his arm will be another story though.

If he was a monster in the psychologically far-gone sense, he would not be showing his true face now.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I guess that kind of explains his reaction to the ugmons

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

it would be pretty funny if climate control ended up being his kryptonite

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The bottom line is that Crablante had a weakness a fairly athletic normal person could exploit, though. Saitama didn't need to be superhuman then, and he probably wasn't.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hypnosis punch is one of my all time favorite jokes in any medium

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Poor Garou. On the one hand, he did do some assaults. On the other hand, gently caress the police, it's clear this world's carceral system is hosed up and so are its enforcers.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

theGrooseofLegend posted:

If Suiryu here is the same as the Murata version, then I feel that there's a reasonable amount of development here. Not only did he become a hero, an occupation he used to dismiss, he shows some concern for his squad, Garou's boss and Garou himself when he thought he might have killed him. He may not have fully learned from his near-death experience, but I feel like the old Suiryu wouldn't have cared who got hurt and would've owed it up to "survival of the fittest."

It's actually interesting to contrast him and Garou this chapter. Both characters had their ideologies challenged by Saitama and changed their paths as a result. The main question both seem to be asking is "what does it mean to be a hero"

Yeah but he had to go and ruin a perfectly good moving truck for no reason!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I find that if I think about the manga as fanart I get less frustrated with its pacing issues

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

At least 1 point of intersection is that Drive Knight speculated that Neo Heroes are interfering with Bofoi's effort to destabilize the world as part of his Dr. Wileyesque designs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RareAcumen posted:

https://manganelo.com/manga/read_onepunchman_one

I wish the watch page on Mangadex was accessible, because I can't even remember 6 manga that I was following on there right now.

You could try the way back machine