Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
My reaction 5 minutes ago: 47 new posts, I bet a new chapter has been released gently caress yeah!

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Awesome, with this post I've got ADTRW thread cliche bingo for the page, thanks.

I'm sorry I'm not good with anime

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I didn't like the idea that Saitama has different levels now. Like he also leveled up because Garou approached his level of power, I liked the idea that Saitama was always just so far beyond everyone to an absurd degree that nomatter what they did they could not come close. They changed something central in how I see the character now, even retroactively.

tbp posted:

I'll be honest, the art was great and cool but I don't like what these chapters have been doing to the characterization of Saitama and I think Murata is missing the mark a little.

One thing I liked a lot about Saitama's clash with Garou in the webcomic was how unfair it felt, using Garou's own terminology. There's no growth on Saitama's side, there's no development of technique or power, there's no emotion-based power-up like we see here. He's just way stronger than Garou no matter what Garou does or apes or trains or grows to, he cannot be at Saitama's level. I liked the tension there because we know that this power is one of the sources of Saitama's crisis in the story, it's what makes him as miserable as he is. But I like that, DESPITE that, Saitama keeps being the hero he is because it's the right thing to do. He hides it with the "hobby" excuse, but he's a genuinely good person and acts in genuinely good ways.

To me, in the webcomic, there was a melancholy feeling when this all wrapped up because even this "perfect embodiment of evil" doesn't fulfill Saitama, it doesn't make him happier to face someone like that, he doesn't even scratch the surface, but Saitama still steps in when necessary because he's supposed to, he's a hero after all. In the manga, Garou's threat forcing Saitama to grow just makes it somewhat similar to other shonen stories to me. I guess at the end of the day, I dislike the idea of Saitama getting a powerup because of loss or tragedy - that feels like a vindication in some sense of Garou's villainy, that he forced Saitama to need to get stronger, whereas the original message of "no, your bad behavior is just bad, it doesn't do anything to or for me" I thought was better.

Yeah, this.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Her technology seems inferior to what Genos and others have.