Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
Can someone link the new chapter? I can't seem to find it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
I read through the raws a few nights ago and have to admit, at the time this chapter didn't make a goddamned bit of sense(well not entirely true, it wasn't hard to guess what was going on). Now it might very well be one of my favorite chapters to date.

I absolutely love the way every one of the monsters keeps indicating it will be the first to attack but each one nervously backs down in utter terror of King's... 14 hit combo?

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
The raw for 92 just came out.

Big Spoilers!

Saitama is just stupidly above everyone else's level, and Ultra-Super Garou getting floored without Saitama even moving was great. This comic is amusing to no ends, even without being able to read what is going on.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
I love that after months of waiting for an update it begins with several pages of Saitama picking his nose.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
The pacing in Mob is really great. Watching the counter slowly tick up towards 100 is my favorite part of the series.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
Someone more ambitious and verbose than I am really needs to make a Mob thread; it's seriously too good to just kind of hang out in this one.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
I find it interesting that while yes, there are unreliable heroes, some of the most reliable are the most insane. Blizzard comes to kind first and formost for me; She's arguably an insane loose cannon, but also in her own strange way, the most reliable and consciencious of the hero ideals, like watching out for civilians. Ironically, her biggest weakness seems to be her lack of faith in others and her belief that she needs to handle everything herself.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You sure you're not thinking of Tornado there? Though, I don't know if i'd call her all that heroic. Reliable certainly, but she's not really that good a person.

Yeah my bad, I meant the Tornado. I have a hard time keeping their names separate.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Originally Phoenix man was a gag to show how strong child emperor is and to show how bad things were when he was getting his rear end kicked by the water. But now he just looks like a chump, it's a strange direction to go through.
The redraw just isn't funny anymore, it was at first

This has pretty much been my reaction to the fight as well, and also the Flashy fight. Beautiful art but the story is just moving at a glacial pace with odd emphasis on fights and characters who were 3 panel gags to establish the insane strength of the S class originally.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

That’s a pretty funny joke that’ll almost certainly be cut in the redraw when it arrives in 4 years

You know this means Murata won’t release a new issue for 3 years prior to this issue, right?

vvv

Yeah it looks like the last update was January of 2017.

Person Dyslexic fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 10, 2019

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
I really really like where this could go. I also enjoyed the inside look at Sweet Mask’s thought process the entire time; Him coming off as a complete rear end in a top hat previously starts to make sense when you realize how methodical and efficient he needs to be with fights. If he takes too long or gets sloppy he could risk having to show his true power and become unmasked, which he can’t do since his entire self-worth seems to be in doing hero work. Just really good writing and character development for what was effectively a background character until a few chapters ago.

Going to be funny when he beats the clown, saitama shows up and confuses him for a monster, and then the next half a chapter is them both arguing about whether he is or isn’t Sweet Mask.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

graham cracker posted:

Mumen obviously gains strength when a crowd cheers for him with all their heart.

Just enough to have his skull shatter concrete.

This made me laugh way too hard.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

yum posted:

ONE's art, specifically the faces have really come a long way

I was thinking exactly this when he showed DarkShine, especially compared to how he used to draw him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Bucswabe posted:

The manga drives the point home harder, I think, but pretty much every character that spends time around Saitama is getting stronger. Genos is basically going down the same path Saitama did to get so strong: pushing his limits to the brink of death over and over, and coming back stronger each time.

I read the last chapter as Genos being controlled by some latent programming to kill Metal Knight. As he mentioned upon seeing Boros, when we were first introduced he was a cold, emotionless death machine. Saitama has helped restore his humanity.

I feel like I have never trusted Doctor Kuseno completely and when he last asked Genos if he had recovered any more of his memories he looked almost nervous. Originally I thought the secret he was hiding was that Genos is himself the mad cyborg robot he is looking for, but now I’m starting to wonder if maybe the good doctor created Genos in a bid to kill metal knight for some reason and then Genos went mad and murdered his own family .Or he is literally working WITH metal knight; We saw how interested Metal Knight was is Saitama when he was reviewing the security footage, and then the first thing Kurema does when he meets Saitama is to scan his body.Or Kurema is working with another organization that wants Metal Knight dead…do we know yet whom Drive Knight reports to?

Can’t wait to see how this all plays out!