Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I read through all of this and a) loved it b) can't wait for the Murata version even more now and c) honestly the art was less terrible than I'd been led to expect.

I found it easier to follow than the end of Greed Island in Hunter x Hunter at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

jwang posted:

Whoops, posted in the wrong Onepunch thread. Oh well, still kinda relevant I guess?

Well if you're gonna mispost your Onepunch-man it's better to post Murata in here than the other way around, I guess

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Also the one with Saitama in the police station is a lot of fun. It's always fun to see him just intentionally give the credit to someone else because he thinks that's the heroic thing to do.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I also like finding out at the end what emotion the meter has been counting towards.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think he might but I don't think he's strong enough to keep Mob out if he tried, so some sort of lame prank that results in "[trivial emotion] 100%" would be my bet.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think it's just that it's a low priority series because everyone sucks.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah I'd say Dimple is a spoiler. Mob, Reigen, Telepathy club, Mob's brother.

I'd kind of want Reigen's picture to be from the Gratitude 1000% time but that's probably too spoilery.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Wittgen posted:

It's a good gif.

Well it's fanart, ONE didn't do it, but it's still amazing

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I threw together a prototype OP, comment on what I said and the pictures I used so we can get Mob its own thread because it's great.

quote:

100 MOB PSYCHO

From the man who brought you ONE PUNCH MAN and by association its EXTREMELY GORGEOUS REDRAWN VERSION comes 100 MOB PSYCHO. We decided to make it its own thread so that people could find it without risking spoilers for Onepunch-Man if they want to stick to Murata's extremely gorgeous redrawn version.

What the gently caress is this ugly rear end thing you may be asking. It's great is what it is. ONE's art leaves something to be desired but his characters are top notch. 100 Mob Psycho is the story of the titular Mob, AKA Shigeo, a psychically gifted boy in the springtime of his youth as he battles weird monsters and weird jerks alike. Mostly weird jerks.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS

MOB aka SHIGEO

TSUBOMI, a girl that Mob has a crush on.

The TELEPATHY CLUB, a group of students who seek to gain the powers of telepathy.

REIGEN, Mob's mentor/employer, AKA the best drat character in the series

Evil spirit CEILING CHALLENGER! Who is he? What does he want?

Read it on Kissmanga or Batoto or whatever reader you prefer.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Okay I went ahead and made a thread for Mob. Now to PM Zorak and see if he'll work the mod magic to give it the Salt tag from GWS

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

gnome7 posted:

He's a new A-Rank, so it makes sense Saitama is starting at the absolute bottom of the rankings. Even if he got there by beating an enemy the S-Rank heroes could not touch, he still has to climb the rankings one letter grade at a time.

Yeah that's apparently how it works, even though Genos was able to jump to S-rank immediately. I guess you enter at a rank and then work up the way NO MATTER WHAT.

Also yeah Saitama pisses off all the arrogant heroes. Basically anybody who thinks they're the most important, which is why people like Bang, Genos, and King who don't give a gently caress are okay with him.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Everybody wants a piece of Caped Baldy.

Basically everybody who actually sees Saitama in action is either utterly transfixed, or comes up with some rationalization that a guy that lame-looking couldn't possibly have done it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Tatsumaki drops a massive stone block on Saitama. Saitama just lets it break on him and asks why she would do that.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

She can't hurt Saitama, certainly. But she can pick him up and toss him around. The funny part is, Tatsumaki is so incredibly arrogant that she probably wouldn't even notice that it wasn't accomplishing much. Like most of S class, she is so far up her own rear end that she can't even recognize how absurd Saitama is.

Now I'm picturing a mildly perturbed at worst Saitama getting thrown about and smashing through walls

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh come on it's not that hard to link to the dang thing is it?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

My sandal broke!!!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

How rude, constantly hitting a guy with pebbles while he tries to talk.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm predicting he's just gonna get bored of this poo poo and wander out with Psykos.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

didnt one specifically say that she wasn't as strong as mob at 100%? like no contest if mob was serious?

I mean mob at ???% can lift the entire school and a bunch of earth into the sky, then actually set it back down perfectly so that there's no proof it ever happened. I don't think Tatsumaki can do that

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Jintor posted:

i've started reading my hero academia and i want a crossover with OPM like yesterday

that is all

Would like to see the detailed hero-sperging about everyone and then just "...his hero name is Caped Baldy" for Saitama

E: All Might would join the Saitama's Bros crew though. Ain't give a drat as long as you are a True Hero.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I constantly laugh at him no-selling everything too. It's the way he isn't smug, just bored and slightly impatient.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dimple is a cool guy but that relationship can't work out because Saitama somehow gives less of a drat than Mob.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Still, I'd like to know if he has an actual power. A lot of the S-Class are just "really loving strong" but applied in different ways. Like Lightspeed Flash is super fast and Superalloy Darkshine is invulnerable. Heroes with actual "metahuman" abilities that aren't just training or technology are pretty rare. There's like... the psychic sisters, Zombieman and Sweet Mask?

We don't actually know what Watchdogman's power is. He just wears a dog suit and beats the hell out of things but none of it has been actually shown.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The most specific thing I love in fiction is when someone wonders if a strong character is actually a wizard. There's something I just can't put my finger on that makes me adore sentences that are like "Maybe he's a Wizard??"

This checks out. Wizards are bullshit.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah at this point Saitama still isn't fighting. He's trying to convince Tatsumaki that friends/acquaintances/social interaction in general is Not A Weakness and she shouldn't kill her little sister's underlings/friends.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

mabels big day posted:

The entire Garou arc is perfection. I hope the redraw doesn't change a single thing once the fight at the Monster Association HQ starts, because while the filler is fun so far, I don't think they should add or change anything about it at that point.

You know the gif that ONE did?

Murata's gonna make a whole anime with original score and professional voice acting for that part

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

King isn't teetering on the edge of narcissism, he knows the score. He's just a scary looking motherfucker and too timid to correct anybody on their assumptions.

...oh my god King is literally just the main character of Angel Densetsu

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Actually I kinda like it that they're not power levels, just threat levels. So yeah Garou has a lower threat level than most of the random monsters just because he's not interested in anyone but heroes.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

tiistai posted:

I thought that was because his limiter was in the process of breaking as he was fighting

Maybe, but I prefer to think of that whole limiter thing as just so that there's still no explanation for Saitama's power.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I feel like Saitama was never that close with humanity to begin with. I'd agree that he got worse as he gained power, though.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 29, 2015

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, but the fact that those guys are in the food business isn't really that important. The fact that they made Zombieman and their about Saitama are important, but not particularly related to the stand.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

Sitch is not Blast.

No, but he may in fact be bald

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Sonic used to like murder but now he's all about Saitama.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Akitas are a lot bigger though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Lamebot posted:

Caped Crew-cut Receding Hairline

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I really wanna see Murata Serious Table Flip

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Turn in your piuy avatar.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Blast is Saitama's long-lost hair possessing some poor jerk

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

That traveled back in time like 17 years?

I believe that Saitama can punch a hole in time and space if he wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

I hope Blast is a cool dude who is just very busy
This. He's losing his emotions to loneliness.

King gives him the fight he needs.

He does actually, it's in videogames that he has a world where he can actually lose at all