Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, it's usually pretty sketchy, but then you get to a serious or dramatic panel and suddenly it's crazy detailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lamebot posted:

i love her spot in the limelight. everybody loves an underdog.
And yet it's still casually mentioned that her sister casually and instinctively learned a technique that took Blizzard years to master.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

What is that elongated head suppose to mean? I know it is Tornado of Terror girl, but I didn't understand why One drew such a huge head. Is there some joke I am missing?
There might be, but I think it's just one of those things where the contrast is between someone who's sincerely deadly and powerful and questionably sane combined with... a farcical drawing like that. See also,

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

RatHat posted:

Come to think of it, I wonder if Garou truly is strong enough to be a God level monster now or if he's just a really strong Dragon.
Probably. He effortlessly defeated the strongest monsters present and the strongest heroes. I mean he's still getting chumped by Saitama, but it's not because Garou's weak or something.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ow.

I mean completely accurate, but ow.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Murata is currently "improving his skills". The art in Onepunch Man is going to get even better. Holy poo poo.
That's typically the codeword for "manga artist has collapsed under the usual grueling schedule, needs time to recover their failing health."

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, Mob Psycho is pretty great and everyone should read it, but given a choice between the two I'd take more OPM every time.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

What? He said please.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jvie posted:

It's a hobby.
Literally. ONE has a published comic he spends more time on (Mob Psycho 100), so OPM sort of gets updated when he has free time.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it's pretty obvious at this point that ONE's using the time he would be drawing the webcomic to be doing storyboards for Murata instead. And really it kind of makes sense, considering that's the version that presumably actually makes him money.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That also came with the revelation that literally every ninja willingly has a similar horrible name, though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

i flunked out posted:

I did not remember it being that long, but drat. Thats right. The hero hunt arc started on Chapter 45 (Garou is introduced in 39). this arc from the beginning of the hero hunt to where we are now has lasted twice as long as the rest of the manga.
The Garou arc in the webcomic was twice as long as every prior arc put together too, admittedly. But who knows how much is left now, yeah.

I still like the remake but it's definitely a different comic and you're either okay with that or you aren't, I guess? I do have to agree though that someone needs to remind Murata (and/or ONE) that sometimes things aren't going to be perfect and that's fine, don't get lost in the sunk cost of redoing completed work, but ah well.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

i flunked out posted:

No, it wasn't. From Garou introducing himself to the heroes to him running away from saitama goes from chapter 45 to chapter 94.
Whoops, my mistake. Still longer than all the prior arcs put together though even so, which is probably what I was remembering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it's been obvious for a good while now that the Murata version is basically a parallel story that just touches some of the same beats rather than a remake. Which is fine really, there's a definite benefit to no longer knowing what's going to happen in the plot.