Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

I have to believe I can do this.

I'd make the Mob Psycho thread but I never feel sure of what all I can put into the OP for a series thread without giving too many spoilers for new readers coming in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

Mob, reigen, mobs brother, the school psychic club. And some kind of monster that mob exorcises ion one of the first chapters

Figure Mob, Reigen, Dimple, Telepathy Club, Reporter Girl, Body Improvement Club and the other psychic kid make up essentially the important cast.

Body Improvement Club is just too amazing to not include.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Yeah I'd say Dimple is a spoiler. Mob, Reigen, Telepathy club, Mob's brother.

I'd kind of want Reigen's picture to be from the Gratitude 1000% time but that's probably too spoilery.

Hard to think of good attention grabbing pictures that wouldn't be too spoilery.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Which gif?

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Tollymain posted:

100 Mob Psycho - No mobsters, surprisingly few psychopaths

Sounds fine enough to me. Shugojin's OP is good too. Can just have the OP be like that and put the cool gifs and poo poo further down on the page while leaving the OP spoiler free.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Genocyber posted:

That's pretty much how I picture it happening. The greatest thing about Saitama is how how he just treats all the whacked-out over-dramatic superhero poo poo as childishness.

This is pretty much a running thing in all of ONE's comics, trying to use superpowers to show off or thinking you're a superior person for having powers is pretty consistently treated as something childish.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Berk Berkly posted:

Bang: Witnessed Saitama Shoryuken the Doom-Meteor into shrapnel when the other heroes couldn't scratch it. He doesn't seem the type to fool himself so he's at least aware of his S++ Class level strength likely suspects he is is Godtier.

Pretty sure Bang is fully aware of it. He's the #3 S-rank and when Charanko tries to argue with him he not only states that Saitama is stronger, but "many times" stronger.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Garou has one of my favorite character arc I've seen in an action series, and can't wait to see the Murata expanded version. The exposition during Super Alloy Darkshine's fight with Garou parallels well to a lot of other fights too, including Boros and Garou vs Saitama I think. Not looking for a "good fight" but a "fight to feel good about." Garou fell into despair as he realized he wasn't going to win, while Boros really was ready to stake his life on a fight he realized he couldn't win.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

The HA's only been around for 3 years. It's possible that Blast has never really been active and is listed as the #1 spot at Tatsumaki's demand.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

why can't Blast just be Saitama in the past? was that definitely confirmed not to be the case? Like that scene happened awhile ago didn't it, it's entirely possible it happened before Saitama finished losing his hair

I think because Blast said he had a regular job at the time. Saitama started his hero training after losing his salaryman job, so he's been a freeter for as long as he's been strong.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Mob Psycho is a story about an emotionally repressed youth learning that it's not what you're talented at but rather the kindness you show others that defines you as a person.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

How far is the murata version up to relative to the original version and not the new side stuff?

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm not quite sure how to judge that. Purely on a chapter-by-chapter basis, I think it's a little more than half way. The next part has a lot more action and is much closer to the pace of the Murata version.

Are they inside the monster group's hideout yet?

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Garou getting more screentime is good, just that that stuff and stuff that is also kind of neat like the tournament dude and other heroes fighting and poo poo just alll end up being probably like 50% longer than anything needs to be.

Murata really loves drawing put cool fight scenes which are visually impressive as hell but also kind of decompress the tight pacing the original version has.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

I want this to somehow end up with Garou training King.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Oh no

RIP Murata's dad

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

boredsatellite posted:

Where the gently caress did the freckles go

I had freckles on my face as a kid/teen but not an adult.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

jetpackhewy posted:

Fo'sho. These recent chapters were throwing me off since Gale and Hellfire do not get revived in the original. I forgot how they initially had no backstory, so they can just be different characters from the ninja's we see in these current chapters. All the while, the redraw will just sidestep that.

Yeah the original gale/hellfire weren't the same characters, they were robot monsters rather than ninjas even.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

RatHat posted:

That doesn't look like a dodgy URL at all.

It's the site that the webcomic's always been originally hosted on.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Also Garou turning back from monster to human in front of him.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

It's worth reading the action in the webcomic just to see how well ONE's ability with composition and flow works even without Murata's artwork. He's also among the best I've seen at working with like, super speed characters. Golden Sperm and Garou during end of monster assocation arc were good examples on this, on top of the obvious speedy ninja characters. Flash vs Sonic vs other graduates is really good.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Reigen's special techniques is probably my favorite running gag in any ONE work.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Webcomic Blast's outfit is basically just a higher effort version of Saitama's costume right down to having the zipper in front.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

mabels big day posted:

i don't like it personally. i thought everything about saitama vs garou was more or less perfect and I feel like Garou spilling his heart out to Saitama directly only to have his delusion shattered is way better than building that motivation as early as the redraw just did.

Yeah, the arc will probably turn out fine still, but Saitama vs Garou was just so perfect how it was and I can't see how him having that monologue now isn't going to weaken it when he shouts it to Saitama.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1233708/1

139 out as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

Wittgen posted:

More characters drawn in more detail getting hurt more times. More more more, but I think the One version was more affecting. Golden Sperm beating up Tatsumaki was one page, but it was heart wrenching. That chapter just felt gross.

That "let me pass on through" panel of GS hitting Tatsumaki was just a real good demonstration of just how fast and powerful Golden Sperm is. ONE is very good at portraying super-speed characters in action.