Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For some reason I'm thinking that Sweet Mask was really ugly before therefore his weakness. And man, can't wait for Saitama to start loving poo poo up. Murata has drawn the Pig God?

No Pig God was introduced at the start of this arc. Murata isn't anywhere near.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

I hope Saitama accidentally kills the guy around the corner.

Almost.

NEW CHAPTER

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/182919/onepunch-man-one_ch66_by_anonymous

I don't know if I like how fast these chapters are coming out. Feels like I'm binging through and then when I finally catch up to where it's currently at, it's gonna turn into Berserk waiting.

Terror Sweat fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 17, 2013

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Whooooo! ONE updated with a new chapter. He hasn't abandoned this thing.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

CHAPTER 67

Exposition chapter mostly.

Pig God noooooooooooo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Th fight is nice and all but I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Saitama's arrival.

This is the fate of all One Punch Man fans.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Sarcophallus posted:

I peeked ahead a couple of chapters.

Looking at it again that's his nose, not a dorky rear end smile. Oh well.

ONE has the best panel compositions and comedic timing. I love it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Goddamn. Even with the crappy art, the last couple chapters have looked amazing. I can't even imagine how wonderful it will look once Murata has a go.

Too bad it will take about 4 years or so.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

international owl day posted:

Murata's redraw chapter just came out, and now we finally get to see all the S-Class hero's designs by Murata, which I was really looking forward too. This chapter gives us an inkling of what the sillier panels of Tatsumaki will end up looking like.

And I just have to say, holy gently caress, the king engine is roaring.

Goddamn, Murata just made him into the biggest badass.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I bet he'll pick up the pace when Murata starts nipping at his heels. I'm under the impression ONE knows what's going to happen and can knock one of these out in an afternoon.

In his other gag manga, Makai No Ossan, there's a character who is a manga artist that believes this is possible.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE's cameo at the end is great

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

There's still a bunch of stuff ONE has to go through. The prophecy that May or may not still be on, the Organization, the true nature of metal knight, genos's cyborg enemy, the identity of Blast, and maybe some other stuff on the way. All of this Garou stuff started from one just one page in the aliens arc.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Supporting this.
MP100 is pretty drat good.

Also its art is a lot better than onepunch-man. Few panels in there, goddamn. ONE is pretty drat good when he wants to be. Composition and movement are also still top notch.

Also it has an actual update schedule.

Man ONE is really good at making great protagonists. The latest mob and the latest OPM were just perfect.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kegslayer posted:

Well I guess he's definitely hero material if he isn't a murderer! Mind you killing monsters, aliens and former humans is totally okay though

The prisoner guy is a straight up rapist.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Everyone has their own reason for helping others. In the end, does it really matter why they killed those monsters?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Liar posted:

Well I guess this sort of takes the pressure off Saitama... Although I would have loved seeing the heroes trying to get past him.

Well even if Bang said to kill him, Saitama would stop them all.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

Pig God is the most heroic hero.

I wonder how and when Pig god is going to save the world.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yeaaah Mob Psycho 100 really needs a thread.
It's way too loving amazing.

Today's chapter was fuckin amazing. I don't know what I love more, mob or OPM.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Elite posted:

I have to say the artwork comparison in the Murata thread really undersells the ONE comic. ONE's artwork is basic and unpolished but it's still very readable (at least reading from where the Murata version ends, because it sounds like ONE's art improves over the series).

I know that point has been made before, but basically I'm glad I tried out the 'read-ahead' version. Yeah there's tons of great things I can't wait to see in HD-Murata vision but on the other hand it'll take 3-5 years to catch up.

Also I like how Garou thought he had a technical advantage over Saitama and his theory gets proven equal parts true and irrelevant. There's a reason post-limiter Saitama has no technique, it's because none of his fights have warranted one.

You should read Mob Psycho 100, it's really good.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

New Mob Psycho, and that one page is creepy as gently caress.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Garou is also able to make them look like little babies once he's pushed far enough. As a side note, I wonder how Garou compares with that intergalactic dude.

I would say hes weaker than him. The alien seemed like he could destroy the world, and I dont think Garou could do that

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Wittgen posted:

Garou survived more hits than the alien dude. Also, Onepunch-man is a brilliant inversion of basic shounen plot structure. Instead of the protagonist's power jumping every arc, the villain's power jumps every arc.

We didn't see a bunch of the alien's fight. Not to mention the fact that Saitama was toying with Garou from the start, and never intented to seriously hurt or kill the guy.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I read through all of this and a) loved it b) can't wait for the Murata version even more now and c) honestly the art was less terrible than I'd been led to expect.

I found it easier to follow than the end of Greed Island in Hunter x Hunter at least.

You should read Mob Psycho 100. Its ONEs actual manga that he does for money. One is a solid artist when he wants to be. His layouts are always great.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Speaking of Mob Psycho, the last few chapters have been great. I look forward to Mob more than I do other mangas now.

Reigen is probably ONE's best character.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mob is growing up.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Haha Reigen .
He's the best character.

Reigen is cool, but the fitness club are the best bros in existence

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Gothmog1065 posted:

I wouldn't mind a new OP for both Onepunch Man and Mob Psycho 100, both of ONE's mangas. OPM is basically not updating at all while Mob is going on, and Mob is rather slow on the updates.

Mob is weekly

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I think it's actually 3/4 weeks a month.the scanlator is the same guy who does both versions of One Punch man, so he's a cool dude who has good taste

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Zerilan posted:

I'd make the Mob Psycho thread but I never feel sure of what all I can put into the OP for a series thread without giving too many spoilers for new readers coming in.

Mob, reigen, mobs brother, the school psychic club. And some kind of monster that mob exorcises ion one of the first chapters

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This latest chapter was a good payoff to the nonstop torture we had to see

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Zerilan posted:

Hard to think of good attention grabbing pictures that wouldn't be too spoilery.

Just pick the worst/laziest picture possible of everyone

The body improvement club should not be included, they are a gem that everyone should experience fresh

Also, include the girl that mob likes

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE finally updated OPM with 3 new pages

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The most professional S class there is

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Gothmog1065 posted:

Here's a link (Yeah, I use Mangainn, sue me) for the OPM update:

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/124184_onepunch-man-one-chapter-95.2

Batoto is pretty cool. The scanlator posts there sometimes

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Looks like we got another character to add to saitama's harem

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tracula posted:

I read through Onepunch-Man in a single afternoon and I wonder why the gently caress I didn't hear of this sooner. Are there any plans to actually animate this? Ironically I don't know if something animated could capture the flow of animation as well as the manga does.

Just the redraw so far, but it's pretty popular, so who knows

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Murata's art is cool and all, but i dont think I like Genos winning onpanel

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Hahaha does Sweet Mask have a crush on Saitama?

The next person added to the harem

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

I forget, did his throat get injured during the Garou fight? I remember he got knocked around, but not the specifics.

His entire face got punched in two inches, he recovered. He has some weird healing ability

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't know which thread to ask this in, so this one just to be safe. How many cities have been shown/revealed/mentioned so far?

We've only seen a few, but there are 26

Saitama lives in Z-city, the worst/cheapest one
A city is where the headquarters was until it was destroyed
and that giant destroyed B and C city I think? it might have been some other letters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE seems to be focused on Mob Psycho right now, just read that