Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I blame ONE's weird pacing. Just look at all the other characters that have been introduced and then never heard from again like Engineknight, Metal Knight and Watchdog man.

To be fair, up until the Garou arc the same could be said of Zombieman, Lightspeed Flash, and Pig God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I think Flashy Flash (lol) is going to start stalking Saitama to train him, which is going to be pretty funny when his little brother gets salty as poo poo. Dunno what Atomic Samurai was talking about, it was kind of vague.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Did he even get to see Saitama fight? I was under the impression that only the guys who tried executing Garo saw him fighting.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

So someone asked me for examples of things that have been added in the manga I think actively detract from the story, and beyond "All of it fucks with the pacing" I think one example is the recent fight where Fubuki's crew gets mind-controlled. I think at best it's irrelevant and at worst it dilutes a bit of the conflict between Tatsumaki and Fubuki. Sure her crew is weaker than her and she kind of uses them as a crutch to avoid facing how much stronger her sister is, but Fubuki's crew is doing their best and wants to support her. The entire point is that Tatsumaki has had a lovely life and doesn't really trust others and it's holding her back. Throwing in a scene of Fubuki's crew actively being a detriment to her adds nothing to that conflict, and arguably takes away from it. It plays better as it is. Tsubaki forcing Fubuki to abandon her crew, them supporting her anyway, and a weakened Tsubaki being unable to oppose them. Nice, tight, well delivered. And it's not major, it's not like that entire thing is ruined or something, it's just that if a story does a good job with pacing and story beats the first time it's going to be harder to add things after the fact that improve it. And the longer the new stuff goes on the more likely it is to detract rather than add to what comes after.

Of course ONE updates about once every 6 months when he catches his image reflected off the glasses of a blind man while traveling by train through Nagano or some poo poo [As it should be, don't want him too distracted from MOB], they need to add *something* to keep from getting caught up in a year or two, so I'm not unsympathetic to their dilemma.

Eh, I feel it works out because the Blizzard Bunch need someone besides the strongest S-Rank (because lol Blast) to chump them without breaking a sweat to make them want to get stronger. And it also shows that Tatsumaku talking to Fubuki like she's literally a little kid is a consistent thing.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Holy hell that ending I love you ONE.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Shugojin posted:

Blast is Saitama's long-lost hair possessing some poor jerk

That traveled back in time like 17 years?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Maybe it wasn’t part of the webcomic, but King accidentally being credited with most of Saitama’s kills is part of the Muruta version at least.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

It happens at the end of chapter 115, right as Sonic and Flash begin their duel.

Should have also posted the page before it

I forgot how lowkey hosed up this is lol

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait what the gently caress the OP thread is only 5 years old?

There are like a dozen One Piece threads that get retired when something significant happens, the cumulative total is probably around twenty years with of threads

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Pyrus Malus posted:

I think the webcomic is really funny and ONE's art style legit conveys some things in its simplicity that Murata's cannot but daaaaamn I find it pretty common for manga readers to get mega offended when you say they should read the webcomic. what's up with that?

I’ve never seen that mentality on SA, so I guess it’s just that they’ve been told that by other people already in a far more insufferable manner multiple times? Or that other communities are much worse than SA’s anime forum (which is believable, SA as a whole doesn’t deserve to be put on a pedestal but it’s a good place to talk anime).

At this point I almost think you’re expected to be reading both since ONE storyboards so much of the new Muruta poo poo and characters from the Muruta version have been leaking into the ONE version for a while, so it seems pretty silly that that’s a huge issue.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Lolling at ONE's super speed characters being named Flash and Sonic.

Flashy Flash and Speed O’ Sound Sonic, thank you very much.

I think my biggest disappointment with this entire comic was probably the reveal that Flashy Flash was always called that and it wasn’t just his hero name, because it used to be a pretty funny bit that Sonic gave himself a tryhard ninja title when the other super speed guy just had his forced on him.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Not gonna lie, I do feel like there’s some stuff the ONE version slept on, like us just seeing Garou say “heh, I’ve beaten many A-Rank and higher heroes offscreen and become many times stronger”, but...this feels like diminishing returns at this point. It’s hard to complain in the sense that a lot of the extra Muruta stuff is being approved if not outright storyboarded by ONE himself and it actually has relevance to the webcomic’s story past the Garou arc, but a lot of this newer stuff feels like it’s been interspersed with Muruta’s dedication to perfection. If not, you know, just plain that.

Basically I wanna see the fireworks factory and all these cool roadside distractions are getting less cool (the fireworks factory is Muruta’s version of Serious Tabletop Flip)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

That unironically sounds like something I’d be super stoked for if it was only half a chapter cause it sounds stupid as poo poo.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I think garau is mostly asking where he will find a new job

I’m crossing my fingers that this is the start of us intermittently popping back in to Garou’s Job Hunt Odyssey.

and when it gets expanded on in the Muruta version we’ll all forgive the excessive redraws up to that point

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Im super hype for the parts of Garou vs Saitama that looked hype even in the ONE version, now that we’re within sight of it. Jesus, imagine how sick Serious Tabletop Flip is gonna look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I started flipping through the manga and huh wow, I forgot that Psychos snapped because she gained a mind’s eye and saw the future of humanity. That…kinda hits close to home considering recent times.