Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

AnonSpore posted:

Pretty much. ONE updates on his own schedule, and despite its success OPM is really low on his priority scale compared to stuff like his "main" series, Mob Psycho 100.

My girlfriend's been reading Mob Psycho 100 (in the original Japanese) and she really really loves it. I hope that when this gets caught up, the guys working on it move over to translate Mob Psycho, because ONE is really really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

"Shiney" would be a much better nickname-translation, really.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

King is hands down the best character in this entire manga.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Law Cheetah posted:

I wonder how Saitama's previous opponents would stack up against the S-Class heroes. Going all the way back to Asura Rhino, even. The Rhino beat up Genos, but that was before his upgrade.

I am fairly sure Asura Rhino was actually stronger than the Sea King. Unlike the Sea King, he actually noticed how strong Saitama was, well before it was too late. Unlike the Sea King, Genos couldn't lay a finger on Asura Rhino. Unlike the Sea King, Saitama wasn't late to fighting Asura Rhino, so we didn't get to see Asura Rhino in action against various other heroes first, but going off of what we did see, he was at least on par with the Sea King, and probably stronger.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Chinaman7000 posted:

I think the realness and detail of Murata's art is going to make King's scenes even funnier.

I really love that Tatsumaki is being drawn off-model whenever she isn't being serious (which is most of the time) because she is almost as overpowered as Saitama is. I am hoping the exact opposite holds true with King - that he is always drawn completely and 100% seriously every single time, because it will be glorious.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

I'm not sure where else I should post this because we don't have a thread for ONE's other works yet, so it goes here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ief4qbFapZI

Someone should post either a general ONE thread or a Mob Psycho 100 thread because dang son. Murata isn't the only animator in this duo.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Bang's older brother never signed up for the Hero's Association. Blast is still a complete mystery to everyone.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RatHat posted:

Yeah I don't remember Garou murdering heroes or civilians, just maiming them.

Didn't he kill all those underworld guys who jumped him at the hero association meeting trying to recruit them?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Kegslayer posted:

That's a pretty good explanation although now I want to see how Watch Dog Man got his powers.

By being the best watch dog in the world. He's like that kid who wanted to be a giraffe when he grew up, but didn't actually give up on that when people told him it was impossible.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Indiana_Krom posted:

So I finally broke down and read this after sticking to the Murata vision for a while.

King is the best hero.

The King arc is next in Murata's version and I am so impossibly excited for it.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

kwokkie posted:

I'm not sure it means anything or not, but he's exactly one rank lower than Sneck (the guy giving the lecture after the hero exam).

He's a new A-Rank, so it makes sense Saitama is starting at the absolute bottom of the rankings. Even if he got there by beating an enemy the S-Rank heroes could not touch, he still has to climb the rankings one letter grade at a time.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Genocyber posted:

That's only how it works for C -> A. S is a special rank that they made specifically to put heroes that are the strongest but who are not motivated to rise through the ranks.

Initially, yes. That is why S rank was initially created. But it seems that S rank has become the same as all the other ranks by this point in the story.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Hoooo poo poo, this is going to be good. It was only a matter of time before Tatsumaki and Saitama inevitably came to blows. She is the closest thing to someone on his level we've seen in the entire comic, possibly even including Garou.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm making my way through the Hero Association vs the Monster Association and holy poo poo I can't wait to see the redraw of this whole thing

Yeah, the redraw is going to be so incredible. I've been looking forward to it for ages, Murata cannot finish the Garou arc soon enough.

AND THEN COMES THE ANIME

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

mabels big day posted:

The entire Garou arc is perfection. I hope the redraw doesn't change a single thing once the fight at the Monster Association HQ starts, because while the filler is fun so far, I don't think they should add or change anything about it at that point.

Agreed. I just did a re-read of the entire Garou arc and I actually understand entirely why Murata is adding what he is. The pacing is really abrupt - he goes from an up and comer, to the Tank Top Master fight, and then skips to "I've defeated 20 A-Class heroes already," where he gets ambushed by Bang + Genos all at once. Adding more to the story between "Garou starts his hero hunt" and "Garou ends his hero hunt" is a good call and adds a lot.

But once we hit the Monster Association, the most I want changed is maybe showing a little bit more of some of the earlier fights. There's a part where Zombie Man spends 30 minutes fighting a single enemy, and then we jump to "while that was happening, half the heroes won their fights and the other half lost their fights." A little more could be added there.

But as soon as that part's over, the road from there to the end is solid and perfect and I want nothing of the redraw except for it to happen. ESPECIALLY the part where King makes his stand.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They might actually sell blurays if they didn't make them $70 for 4 episodes.

Go the Steam sale route of "we make a lot more money than usual by selling huge amounts for much less"

This is probably the first show I've ever seen where the overall quality might actually warrant that price. It's insane that that's the standard.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

I think Boros is the only God-Level threat so far, because that tier is defined as "a threat to the planet or civilization as we know it." So power levels aside, even if Garo was actually a better fighter, Boros is the only one we've seen who could've wiped out the planet Earth. He himself could destroy the planet with his planet buster, and he also had a ship that was capable of instantly leveling cities, giving him two different means of being a God Tier Threat.

Garou is probably stronger than Boros, using Saitama as our vague yardstick, but Garou didn't kill anybody and had no intention of wiping out civilization. Going by the threat level scale, he's only Demon - a threat that will majorly disrupt the functioning of society and likely cause loss of life. His ability to just mess up the hero association endlessly still means he needed dealing with, but it isn't like he was going to then go and destroy any cities or civilians. He's definitely more than Tiger level, though - his actions probably lead to indirect loss of life just because he took so many heroes off the streets. But he isn't going to go on and end the planet like Boros was both willing and able to do.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

TheKingofSprings posted:

His level was probably below Tiger, even.

For all the poo poo he spouted about murder, Garou never killed anyone that wasn't a monster, did he?

He did not, but Tiger is basically joke-monster tier. Also Garou seriously injured so many people that the lack of murder doesn't make him less of a threat.

The threat levels are, in order from least dangerous to most:

Tiger: A threat to the functioning of society, will possibly cause loss of life. Crabrante, Octoclaw, and all the other minor monsters are at this level. Monster Kombu was also given this threat level, even though they took out two A-Class heroes before being assigned a level.

Demon: A major threat to the functioning of society. Will probably cause heavy collateral damage and loss of life is likely. The Sea King and Mosquito Girl were assigned this level. The majority of serious threats end up at level Demon - it takes serious firepower to get ranked higher. Even the Giant from chapter 3, who ended up taking out both B City and D City, was only ranked at threat level Demon. I'd place Garou here because destroying the hero association is a major threat to society's ability to function, he caused a lot of structural damage on several occasions, and crippling the hero society almost certainly caused some unnecessary loss of life just because heroes weren't available.

Dragon: A threat that can destroy the functioning of society. Will cause heavy damage and loss of life. Threats at this level can destroy entire cities. Black Sperm, Natural Water, Homeless Emperor, and the Meteor were assigned this level. Asura Rhino and Vaccine Man are probably around here too but were never assigned a rating.

God: A threat that can destroy the planet or society as we know it. Boros is the only one who has been undeniably at this level, although Vaccine Man could have maybe gotten up here if Saitama hadn't nipped him in the bud. Saitama's dream version of the Underground People would also be a god level threat - wiping out 70% of humanity in a single day or obliterating an entire city in under a minute is the kind of stuff that gets this level assigned to it.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 10, 2015

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

LostRook posted:

I clicked on the link now it's hours later and I've reread the entire manga again. Worth it.

This caught me too. I am so sad I won't get to see the Serious Series Table Flip in the anime for at least 5 years.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Mordaedil posted:

With regards to the latest changes between the ONE manga and Murata's revision, Saitama punching Garou because he thought he was a robber is marking the similar structure point when Saitama punches Garou for dine-and-dashing? Or are we just going to see it happen again later?

It's definitely going to happen again later. He hit Garou so hard the first time that Garou didn't even remember him, the dine and dash catching will have to happen too. Especially since it's such a good joke, with Saitama using "I'll go catch the dine and dasher!" so he can also dine and dash.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Regarding the Metal Bat chat in the other thread right now: I have a strong feeling that the current Murata-version arc is going to end with Metal Bat in the hospital. Because going off of everything we've seen of the guy, Metal Bat is one of the most reliable people the Hero Association has, so it's really weird that he didn't show up for the Monster Association battle. If Garou took him out here, that'd explain that - he can't show up if he's still in the hospital, after all. I can't imagine any other reason he wouldn't show up, so I'm glad Murata is adding more to the Hero Hunt.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Which S-Ranks didn't make it, anyways?

Engine Knight, Metal Knight, Watchdogman, and Metal Bat, yeah? And the perpetually missing Blast.

Metal Bat's ranking apparently went 15 -> 16 -> 15 (having been knocked down a place by Genos), so it could be that Garou takes Metal Bat out, then takes the Centipede out, and then Metal Bat is given credit for it? Which would explain why he rose in rank again in the meantime.

Even if Metal Bat doesn't get the credit for the dragon-level centipede, he took out two demon-level threats and ensured the safety of those people he was supposed to bodyguard, so he might get his rank back just from that.

And yeah those five didn't make it, and Tanktop Master didn't make it either, but he was in the hospital. The rest all have a good reason for not showing up, too: Watchdogman apparently never leaves City Q, Metal Knight is the least helpful S-Class hero (for heroing business anyway), Blast is permanently MIA, and we've never seen Engine Knight do anything all series, so who knows what's up with that guy.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

If I had to guess, we haven't seen him since because he's still being repaired from that incident, and we'll see him again after he figures out Saitama moved in to the Hero HQ.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Terror Sweat posted:

Why would garou bother with A classes then if hes already taken out 2 S-classes

Because Garou doesn't care about the heros' ranks and has mentioned this like 10 times? A-Class, B-Class, C-Class, even S-Class, it doesn't matter - he will still take you out if he comes across you. Right now he's hunting big names because he isn't being taken seriously, but he plans to hunt every hero anyway. It isn't about just beating stronger and stronger heroes, it's about hunting all heroes, no matter how big they are. Of course he's happier hunting bigger prey, but he isn't going to pass up smaller prey just because it isn't quite as great as ones he's beaten previously.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Knowing that happens made the "Is Sweet Mask the big bad guy" thing from the anime thread recently quite funny.

I mean, he's probably GOING to be, it just hasn't happened yet, and he's still been a total rear end in a top hat in every appearance in the entire manga, so. They aren't wrong.

Just because he was willing to stand up to Garou doesn't mean he's a good person. Sweet Mask is exactly the kind of person that Garou got into hero hunting to hunt.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

I really think the Genos we know would only make the switch if 1) Saitama also did, which would give the new organization a reason to try to recruit Saitama, or 2) if Genos realized how little he's actually getting out of the Saitama/Genos apprenticeship, in which case he might go over just to try and do things for himself again.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Hikkokomurai

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Nope, that was new. King also wasn't here at all during this part.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

He's killed one human before, in the murata rewrite. There was the caveman who unthawed from the ice and went on a rampage. The Hero Association wanted him brought back alive but sweet mask just murdered him brutally.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Big Leg posted:

there was a lot of people talking about their cool new suits that seemed like necessary but boring set up. then tanktop master put on a tight tank top to get stronger and things were good again

I love that the drawback to the power enhancing tight tanktop is making it hard to breathe, and yet he put it on to fight the chain smoking monster filling the air with toxic gas. This can only end well and will definitely not destroy tanktop master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Mmmm my boy Genos about to be making some mistakes, looks like.