Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
For those who dislike the pacing, what would be your "editor's cut"? Which chapters could go or be massively truncated without seriously damaging the redraw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Hidden Series: Soul Punch

uses his aura to punch your soul directly

He's not a wizard. He'll just punch him

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
There's also this horrible dissonance where the manga started out much closer to the webcomic, maybe with some minor differences here and there but usually hitting the same notes. Drifted a bit more as time went on, but in this last arc appears to have completely removed itself from comparison.

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 9, 2022

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

My biggest complaint is that the arc is just dragging stuff out to long, It needs more compression

Hard agree. There was no need for the psychorochi/centipede/ENW fights. The spectacle stuff is great when it's connected to the character moments. E.g. Webcomic serious table flip is great because it conveys the hopelessness of Garou's situation at the same time as being a crazy visual. Manga Psychos is just some lady that came out of nowhere that we barely know anything about. She's just there to give Tatsumaki something to do. That's almost ok but then she hangs around for ages. That means all those chapters and all that time is spent in an emotional stasis, waiting for something to happen that we actually care about. No sense of stakes.

chiasaur11 posted:

Watching this thread has just given the impression that there's nothing the manga could do that would satisfy it at this point.

I think that's probably true. For what it's worth though, I personally would have enjoyed the current bit with Garou a lot more if it felt more special and I think that could be achieved purely by removing fat. As is, after all the crazily scaled poo poo already, I'm just bored of it.

What frustrates me ultimately is the fact that this manga was tightly paced. It used to be judicious in the use of spectacle to really highlight particular moments. It lost its way, and I think lamenting that publicly has some value even if that might get tedious for those that still really like it.

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 7, 2022

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Well it probably makes a lot more logical sense for her to want to kill psykos (if she's still alive now?) in this timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
But at this time watchdog man isn't on the screen and so I am asking, where is watchdog man???