Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Terror Sweat posted:

Almost.

NEW CHAPTER

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/182919/onepunch-man-one_ch66_by_anonymous

I don't know if I like how fast these chapters are coming out. Feels like I'm binging through and then when I finally catch up to where it's currently at, it's gonna turn into Berserk waiting.

Pretty much. ONE updates on his own schedule, and despite its success OPM is really low on his priority scale compared to stuff like his "main" series, Mob Psycho 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

I have no idea how far the ONE translations have gotten so this might be a slight spoiler, but Darkshine got that way because he used to be a weak and skinny nerd who worked out so much that one day he got swole as gently caress but his skin turned shiny brown. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a riff on the body oil that professional bodybuilders use along with their ridiculous tans, not on black people.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Has Genos won a single fight since... wait, I can't recall a single fight that he's won.

Let me rephrase that: Has Genos won a single fight ever?

He beat Armored Gorilla.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Person Dyslexic posted:

The raw for 92 just came out.

Big Spoilers!

Saitama is just stupidly above everyone else's level, and Ultra-Super Garou getting floored without Saitama even moving was great. This comic is amusing to no ends, even without being able to read what is going on.

Serious Headbutt

I love how Garou is all super serious, monologuing like a Bond villain about how Saitama must die, and Saitama is just sort of nodding disinterestedly and repeatedly handing him his rear end.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Adelheid posted:

It's certainly a quirky style, but it works pretty well. The comparison in the redraw thread really sells this art short.

I picked the most half-assed cut I could find on short notice to make the comparison more humorous. I'm quite aware of ONE being a capable artist but I figured the original would never get translated.

Anyway, grats on getting caught up, thread! Now you can wait in tortured anticipation right along with the Japanese for the next chapter.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Chinaman7000 posted:

I think the realness and detail of Murata's art is going to make King's scenes even funnier.

If Saitama and King are drawn in super serious dramatic mode for that scene where King cheeses Saitama out with an infinite in a fighting game I'm probably gonna die laughing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

I think someone said every 6 months?

It's more like whenever ONE feels like it. Onepunch-Man is just a project he does on the side, as opposed to his main series Mob Psycho 100.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

How does Saitama have such smooth legs but a hairy rear end

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

That's not ONE, it's an unofficial trailer made by a dude(dudes?) named Kenja. Follow the youtube profile and you can find two more neat things he did for Mob Psycho 100.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

ONE just put up an update, 8 pages. Dunno when it'll get translated but there's barely any text so I can't imagine it'll take long.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

Well I guess he's definitely hero material if he isn't a murderer! Mind you killing monsters, aliens and former humans is totally okay though

Saitama routinely punches the guts and brains out of monsters, aliens and former humans, so it's fine.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Elite posted:

I have to say the artwork comparison in the Murata thread really undersells the ONE comic. ONE's artwork is basic and unpolished but it's still very readable (at least reading from where the Murata version ends, because it sounds like ONE's art improves over the series).

I know that point has been made before, but basically I'm glad I tried out the 'read-ahead' version. Yeah there's tons of great things I can't wait to see in HD-Murata vision but on the other hand it'll take 3-5 years to catch up.

Also I like how Garou thought he had a technical advantage over Saitama and his theory gets proven equal parts true and irrelevant. There's a reason post-limiter Saitama has no technique, it's because none of his fights have warranted one.

At the time I made the OP for the Murata thread, nobody was translating ONE's version and it looked like nobody ever would, so I went with maximum halfass for the greatest humorous contrast to Murata's super polished style.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

e: wrong thread

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The lesson we all take away from this is that Sweet Mask is a rank S rear end in a top hat

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You know, the Murata redraw had Sweet Mask being a string-puller at HQ, deciding who gets to rank up and who doesn't. That's even been hinted at a bit in this series, too. I can see Sweet Mask refusing to let Saitama into S rank simply because he hates his guts.

Well, it's mostly because Sweet Mask is easily S rank, and everyone knows it, so his word has a lot of weight behind it. The problem is that Saitama makes S rankers look like leetle babbies.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I just realized the thread for this version is caught up to Boros, so I can link the best Onepunch-Man fan video ever made without spoiling anything. Click the little ... word bubble in the lower right to get rid of the comments scrolling over the screen.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Murata's probably gonna do some weird rear end magic eye poo poo to make the King Engine sound effects 3D

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Daler Mehndi posted:

Holy poo poo! A-class!

It's gonna be so great when he gets to Sweet Mask the "gatekeeper."

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dan7el posted:

Why is he called licenseless rider? You don't need a license to ride a bicycle, right?

So, I've been pondering that. Maybe he's licenseless because he doesn't have an automobile operating license? Hence, he rides a bike?

Could be any license. Maybe he doesn't have any licenses at all. Not even a fishing license?

Some people who ride bikes might also have an automobile operating license. They would be licensed riders, then. I guess. I have both a fishing license and a driver's license. I guess I'm covered twice that way.

Anyway, I was thinking an upgrade for licenseless rider would be for him to get a license. Then, he'd be Licensed Rider. Maybe that would make him B-Class?

He rides a bike because he doesn't have a driver's license.

The real reason is because in Japanese his name is Mumen Rider, which is an homage to Kamen Rider, like how Wanpanman (One-Punch Man) is a one to Anpanman.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Full chapter update today, it was glorious. That last cut of serious Tatsumaki,

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's up in English now too, by the way.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure the implication is that they're blood related, but were both adopted by the same foster parents.

e: They being Fubuki and Tatsumaki, of course

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 1, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Adelheid posted:

I don't know how Murata's going to handle this. His design for Tatsumaki just doesn't convey her perpetual, barely-contained murderous rage. "Tornado of Terror" means something in ONE's version that is unfortunately lost in Murata's.

Murata's gonna take a hiatus and apprentice himself to Itou Junji and Umezu Kazuo in preparation

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

EndOfTheWorld posted:

So I just saw Yuusuke Murata's name pop up at the end of Megaman 4 and holy poo poo I did not know Murata won Capcom's "Design a Robot Master" contest twice for MM4's Dust Man and MM5's Crystal Man when he was 12. Granted, it's in the first line of Murata's Wikipedia biography, but still - pretty neat!

He's the only person on the planet who wasn't actually on the dev team to design more than one robot master, yeah.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

I wonder how many standard delinquent softening traits he has?

He probably started at none and then went up a rank every time he saved a schoolgirl from other delinquents or picked up a stray cat

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

tsob posted:

The anime episode where Saitama and Genos join the hero association kind of ruined that a bit from my understanding, since they gave him a really low C class rank because he did so badly on the written test while acknowledging that he annihilated all the physical tests to an unprecedented degree with them noting that he'll be one to watch in future. I haven't read the manga in a while but I was sure there was something there about how the association flat out didn't believe the scores Saitama achieved in the physical tests and assumed there had to be some cheating or mistakes going on so they gave him just about the lowest rank possible. If they knew what his strength was there's really no reason he shouldn't be an S class, even with Sweet Mask's concerns.

I'm pretty sure the bit with Snek and the other dude is in the original as well. It's the whole reason Snek goes to bully Saitama.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I wonder why there are so many footprints around the snowmonster.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

The whole Hero Hunter Garou arc goes into full force at chapter 51 and Murata seems to diverge from ONE's stuff a fair bit there, so that's probably a good point to jump in.

Speaking of Murata-original stuff, the whole PriPriPrisoner extra chapter was penned by him, right? The character's so much more palatable when he's not a literal rapist and I can just pretend that chapter doesn't exist.

Murata realized early on that there is no shame in just being an awesome artist and letting someone else do the writing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

There are tons of villains in this manga.

Kanirante did nothing wrong

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Eventually Saitama will have to land somewhere unless he's coming out in Brazil. Then he can jump back the way he came.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Holy gently caress what an amazing chapter ending

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Supposing she successfully did some murders here, what would happen to Tatsumaki? Would the hero association really look the other way as she singlehandedly massacred their entire B rank? What about law enforcement?

These are probably not questions one is intended to ask, but I can't help but wonder what Tatsumakis game plan here was.

Tatsumaki's gameplan is "Who gives a gently caress as long as Fubuki is safe?" And to her safe means under her protection. She gives approximately zero fucks about what anyone else thinks, and that includes Fubuki.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

THE BALDY IS MOVING AT HIGH SPEED

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Blast's philosophy seems a fair bit bleaker than Saitama's.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Sad thing is, people in the Murata thread might be thinking this kind of sentiment is a joke. "Haha look at King, he's a fake, he stole all of Saitama's credit and is only just good at videogames and looking scary. All these goons are just keeping up a running gag" But it's incredibly loving real and King really is the best.

God the Garou arc is so good.

They really aren't dude

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I believe in King almost as much as I believe in Anne from Management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I liked how the disciples just unconditionally accepted that their master had seen all that poo poo they didn't and took his word that King was a master